Cross American Jaguar 8.4 Review | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cross American Jaguar 8.4 Review

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Yes, I've been using the Pumptec 207 with M58 motor (set at 400 psi) combined with the trailing LX vac for 5 condo jobs since and it didn't trip the 15 amp breaker.
My 1005lx is ready auto fill, auto dump, 200 psi pump plus a diaphragm 220psi pump, putting it in my van tomorrow on my day off and will be using it starting Wednesday.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Personally have no vandetta with anyone. My Jags in action everyday. It cleans well. But there’s things that really should be addressed in order for me to recommend anyone to it.
Initially I feel in love. It kicks butt of the Powr Flites I’ve used. It works amazingly well when it’s fully working. I haven’t had consistent issues but the ones I have had are solvable I feel if feedback is welcomed.
For $4000 I’d have a few beefs. But it’s not hard to add another handle. Not hard to connect hoses to vac motors better. Not hard to upgrade to a real APO pump. I couldn’t go back to 500psi with a single vac motor myself. Dual 8.4s amaze me. For me I want to keep my Jag yet I want to buy a Mytee for the truck.
However IF some one asked me would you recommend the Jag 8.4 I’d have to say now with time under my belt not unless some improvements were made.

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Man I ordered from them today. Can say they seem to really appreciate their customers. Can’t wait to try their trashed gel

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
It’s priced right and the gel idea rocks

Reactions: Ymetimme

Vacuum Thingymajigger

Apr 20, 2018
Real Name
Carlito Pozon
Love to compare this and the Escape
I have exactly like this. LTD3 converted to LTD6 but I guess mine is better because it uses the Pumptec pump instead of the CAT so all 3 cords can run on 15 amp circuits. Their model needs at least one 20 amps and condos here in my area don't have 20 amps.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
I have exactly like this. LTD3 converted to LTD6 but I guess mine is better because it uses the Pumptec pump instead of the CAT so all 3 cords can run on 15 amp circuits. Their model needs at least one 20 amps and condos here in my area don't have 20 amps.
i spoke to the technician who fixes anything in our industry and each time i saw this guy kept saying that how cat pumps are garbage and they break easily and they can't be fixed as the pump tech, and i agree with him. mytee must start changing them in the near future, mytee might have some kind of a deal with them but hey business is business to satisfy your customers.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
if mytee had a pump tech pump in the 1005 lx that i bought, i would at least leave it on and not go this hassle changing that cat pump, that cat pump is brand new, only been used one job, its going to the garbage. i have no use for it. any one wants a free cat pump let me know before i throw it away, just pay the shipping and packaging.

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
if mytee had a pump tech pump in the 1005 lx that i bought, i would at least leave it on and not go this hassle changing that cat pump, that cat pump is brand new, only been used one job, its going to the garbage. i have no use for it. any one wants a free cat pump let me know before i throw it away, just pay the shipping and packaging.
Which model Cat pump are you referring to?

I use both PumpTec 207 and CAt 290 in my ETM. It runs either pump depending on the job at hand.

Both of these pumps are reliable and easy to rebuild.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
Which model Cat pump are you referring to?

I use both PumpTec 207 and CAt 290 in my ETM. It runs either pump depending on the job at hand.

Both of these pumps are reliable and easy to rebuild.
also freeze both pumps and let both recover inside for a day and then try and see which one will work and that will be the pump tech that will still work, i have frozen my 200 psi pump tech pump over this harsh winter and after recovery it still worked, however i can't say the same thing to a cat pump. This is my experience that i am sharing.

Reactions: Bob Savage

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
Here is the CAT pump that I was referring to, not the smaller one made for portables.

This one is a workhorse and produces up to 1200 PSI @ 3.5 GPM. I only use it when we are dual wanding or cleaning tile/grout. It does require a 2 HP motor, which is a separate 20 amp circuit.

The other times I use the PumpTec 207 with a 1/3 HP motor.

Reactions: Fedri

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I bought a brand new mytee escape and the cat pump didn't even work. Major hassle to pay to send back to mytee and hopefully they honor the warranty

Sent from my BLA-A09 using TMF Forums mobile app
Have no clue who you are so said with respect..... if what your saying is accurate you have absolutely no concern with Mytee taking care of a legit warranty issue. Weird however

AZHome&Carpet

Banned
Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I don’t know which Cat Pump I have but it’s huge, and heavy 500 psi, new sitting in the shelf. Not sure what I’m saving it for....but I will do something with it