Critique my Maid Mailer

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Expanding my business this fall for a much-requested service. No competition in the area so hopefully it will go well! I intend to use this design as both a mailer to existing customers and a flyer to share during door-to-door sales. Constructive criticism please!
page01.jpg

Reactions: davidalford

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
no prices --- no calls
I agree - so here's the age old question I guess - do you put a low, starting price to get their attention, even though most will never actually be that low? Or do you post a normal price (like say, based on a 3 br, 2bath residence?)

OPinions?

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
I agree - so here's the age old question I guess - do you put a low, starting price to get their attention, even though most will never actually be that low? Or do you post a normal price (like say, based on a 3 br, 2bath residence?)

OPinions?
do you have experience cleaning houses?

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
you know your market then

good luck.
I'm going to assume you think the price is too low - I think that it is too in almost every case. Goes back to my question though, should I throw out a rock bottom price that only applies in very specific situations, just to get people hooked, or do you go with a reasonable cost and hope people bite?

For the ideal client, I can go 11 bucks a room, as long as I'm cleaning every week, no kids, no pets. But there's not too many of those ideal clients out there.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
The font I personally think is too hard to read and I would lay out the main points in bullet points.

- Green home and business cleaning

- World class carpet and tile cleaning

-etc

-etc

The background with the longer paragraph kinda blends, I would try and find something with a really good contrast so its easier on the eyes

just my 2 cents

Reactions: Rico1 and PhilipW

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
The whole thing needs work. It's too hard to read. It's way to long of a paragraph. Here's one approach that may help you. I say that because it really turned my flyer around... Use lists and headlines for those lists. For example Three Reasons You'll Love Our Service: All our maids are insured, bonded fully trained by Me. Etc.

And please remove that silly line about not letting strangers into their home because all that does is remind them they don't know you either and they shouldn't let you in their house.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Thank you everyone for the input. Here's round 3 - now with bullets vs paragraph, and less words!
page01.jpg

Ken Raddon

Jul 22, 2010
UT
Real Name
Ken Raddon
Business Location
United States
Now lets work on your headline. What does "We've got you covered" even mean.
At first glance it looks like a headline for an insurance sales post card. Nothing else about the ad says insurance but that headline does.

Try something like...

People Love Our Carpet Cleaning

Who has the time to clean?

There's never time to clean?

We will clean it for you

You will love how clean it is

7 reasons to choose us <that's my favorite.

Reactions: alexus

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
Now lets work on your headline. What does "We've got you covered" even mean.
At first glance it looks like a headline for an insurance sales post card. Nothing else about the ad says insurance but that headline does.

Try something like...

People Love Our Carpet Cleaning

Who has the time to clean?

There's never time to clean?

We will clean it for you

You will love how clean it is

7 reasons to choose us <that's my favorite.
Thanks for all the help Ken. I think I'm going with "Who has time to clean?" and I can run a trial using the facebook page and measure response before I go to print

davidalford

Jun 13, 2017
Real Name
David Alford
Expanding my business this fall for a much-requested service. No competition in the area so hopefully it will go well! I intend to use this design as both a mailer to existing customers and a flyer to share during door-to-door sales. Constructive criticism please!View attachment 73085

Social Transportation & Cleaning Service

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
I always begin a marketing piece with the customers perspective. What is their point of pain and how do you specifically address that.
For example, do your customers currently use a cleaning service? What do they like least, what drives them nuts, what do they like?
Too busy to clean?
Are you frustrated with your homes cleanliness?
Is your current service missing important details?
Are they on time?
Etc.
Then write your ad to address the pain.

Reactions: Dragomir Tonchev