United States

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Been crickets for a couple of weeks now..

Pretty good first two months averaging 2 jobs per week but last couple weeks nothing. Maybe its summer time and people have better things to do? thoughts?
I'm guilty of using proverbs, sayings and such in conjecture with our industry . Here's one for you: " Rome wasn't built in one day". You might get somewhat impatient and even anxious not seeing your business blooming first months from its inception. You know what/ who is the worst enemy of CC? Carpet cleaner him/her self. I'm not encouraging you to sit home and just wait for that phone call. Not at all, the opposite is true.
But stressing out about it ain't going to help the situation. I'm not going to ask you if you came up with a business plan, what marketing tools do you have available, if you have website and how do you feel about your presence on social media. In recent years we had so many members with a great ideas, some of them succeeded, some of them faded out.
Why don't you take a moment and think about your business from someone else perspective, like a spouse, friends former associates. TMF archives are great sources on all kind of topics, including areas related on how to make it in our business, all aspects of it. Read @Shane deubel posts and others, you'd have great time learning for a days.
Stay positive.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Forget fishing I wanna go napping
I like fishing but i hate the sun. Night fishing is good as long as the sun hasnt cooked the earth all day. Finally getting down to real temps at night so fishing season part 2 now begins for me :D still night though. No way in hell will i voluntarily stand in the sun.

Reactions: MikeGaure

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I like fishing but i hate the sun. Night fishing is good as long as the sun hasnt cooked the earth all day. Finally getting down to real temps at night so fishing season part 2 now begins for me :D still night though. No way in hell will i voluntarily stand in the sun.
Yea me neither! Unless I’m getting lots of dough for it.

My city is literally the sunniest place on earth! We get grouchy when we get too much clouds or rain.

Even the farmers get mad over the rain !

Reactions: keep it clean

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
Yea me neither! Unless I’m getting lots of dough for it.

My city is literally the sunniest place on earth! We get grouchy when we get too much clouds or rain.

Even the farmers get mad over the rain !
Rain here is horrible. It hits the pavement and turns too steam. Making the rest of the day and night miserable. Even in the ac everything feels damp. Cant wait for fall or better yet snow. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Rain here is horrible. It hits the pavement and turns too steam. Making the rest of the day and night miserable. Even in the ac everything feels damp. Cant wait for fall or better yet snow. "Let it snow, let it snow, let it snow"
What’s snow haha

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I know your in PA so I have laugh when I see you say its finally down to real temps at night after 12 years in phoenix where overnight lows in summer are in the 80's.

C'mon obvefrnight lows in 60's or 70's with no sun on your back isn't that bad is it?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
I'm guilty of using proverbs, sayings and such in conjecture with our industry . Here's one for you: " Rome wasn't built in one day". You might get somewhat impatient and even anxious not seeing your business blooming first months from its inception. You know what/ who is the worst enemy of CC? Carpet cleaner him/her self. I'm not encouraging you to sit home and just wait for that phone call. Not at all, the opposite is true.
But stressing out about it ain't going to help the situation. I'm not going to ask you if you came up with a business plan, what marketing tools do you have available, if you have website and how do you feel about your presence on social media. In recent years we had so many members with a great ideas, some of them succeeded, some of them faded out.
Why don't you take a moment and think about your business from someone else perspective, like a spouse, friends former associates. TMF archives are great sources on all kind of topics, including areas related on how to make it in our business, all aspects of it. Read @Shane deubel posts and others, you'd have great time learning for a days.
Stay positive.
Thats awesome that you responded to my post. Thank you! And, you are absolutely right Rome was not built in A day!

When I read some of your other posts they usually strikes me as very perceptive and I don't know if it is because English might not be your first language but the way you write and speak is much different thenI typically encounter and I find it refreshing.

I personally like speaking to people with other first languages because the way they think of using words gives new life an meaning to seemingly old words and phrases.

Not sure if that makes sense but I hope it does because its always cool to relate to people in that way.

Thank you for your suggestions and provocations...I shall check out the gentlemen's posts (Shane) you speak of.

Reactions: Luky

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I know your in PA so I have laugh when I see you say its finally down to real temps at night after 12 years in phoenix where overnight lows in summer are in the 80's.

C'mon obvefrnight lows in 60's or 70's with no sun on your back isn't that bad is it?
Man you're talkin to a dude that sleeps in 58° temp comfy. Literally thats my bedroom temp all winter. Overnight 60 and 70 dont do jack with 80-100% humidity. Dont know what dry heat is like. My mental picture of Phoenix is like wearing 10 sweatshirts and sitting in my attic in july lol. Man i landed in Orlando walked out the front door of the airport said "fk this lets go home" and went back inside.

mike$

May 29, 2014
California
Real Name
brandon Dre
Business Location
United States
If averaging 2 jobs week is busy I wonder what slow looks like for you... your starting off. You need to hit the pavement hard and build a good base to launch off of.

If you've been in bussiness 10 weeks you've done about 20 jobs. You may not want to here this but your not a carpet cleaner just yet. Your number 1 job at this point is to learn advertising. Hone your craft and years down the road you'll have a great business! What's busy now will be the slow in the future.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
the other thing you need too know which is super important is this. you're not a carpet cleaner , your a salesman all of us are. everyday you arent simply selling your services your selling yourself.

if you dont/wont see value in yourself and what you're offering neither will your clientele.

if your desperate or depressed dont go on sales calls, ppl will smell your desperation a mile away. just food for thought

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
the other thing you need too know which is super important is this. you're not a carpet cleaner , your a salesman all of us are. everyday you arent simply selling your services your selling yourself.

if you dont/wont see value in yourself and what you're offering neither will your clientele.

if your desperate or depressed dont go on sales calls, ppl will smell your desperation a mile away. just food for thought
Sage advice above. Hunt when your belly is full, confidence can't be faked.

When you sell, don't sell forum speak. Sell benefits to them and cost savings/effectiveness... Speak to their concerns and wallet, not equipment, TM's or anything else unless they ask and keep that short, they actually don't care even though it's easy to get hung up on it visiting here.

Exceptional cleaning is easy and doesn't require massive horsepower. Everything you need to know has already been posted here if you look.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
If averaging 2 jobs week is busy I wonder what slow looks like for you... your starting off. You need to hit the pavement hard and build a good base to launch off of.

If you've been in bussiness 10 weeks you've done about 20 jobs. You may not want to here this but your not a carpet cleaner just yet. Your number 1 job at this point is to learn advertising. Hone your craft and years down the road you'll have a great business! What's busy now will be the slow in the future.
Im always open to hearing the truth and sometimes its not what a person may want to hear. I might argue im not an established carpet cleaner but I am a carpet cleaner but arguing that point would most likely be time better spent doing something else - like advertising! I think you are correct about having to hit the pavement hard and build a good base to launch off. And, thank you for your optimism that in years to come a great business will be built. Thank you for your reply.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States

Not a carpet cleaner but a salesman as we all our. Good point and well, I believe you speak the truth of the reality. I always keep in mind that selling is really another word for, 'helping people'. But of course you have to believe that you can help people.

Have to be in a good state of mind when meeting others. Absolutely agree. Thank you for the great advice. I appreciate it.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Not a carpet cleaner but a salesman as we all our. Good point and well, I believe you speak the truth of the reality. I always keep in mind that selling is really another word for, 'helping people'. But of course you have to believe that you can help people.

Have to be in a good state of mind when meeting others. Absolutely agree. Thank you for the great advice. I appreciate it.
Yes definitely. Look up Rabbi Lapin he teaches about the Jewish mindset and earning money. He teaches you sell best by serving. Which we’ve tried too adhere too for many years now

Reactions: Select