Crickets... | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Crickets...

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Been crickets for a couple of weeks now..

Pretty good first two months averaging 2 jobs per week but last couple weeks nothing. Maybe its summer time and people have better things to do? thoughts?

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Summer is usually my busy time. Are you running any advertising? I would be worried if it slowed down in the summer here.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Summer is usually my busy time. Are you running any advertising? I would be worried if it slowed down in the summer here.
Google my Business listing and a Google Ad at the moment.

Where region of the country are you in?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
It’s back to school shopping and last minute family vacations. Normal for a little slow down

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
agree on the normal slow down. We usually see a 2-3 weeks of a bit slower from now until after labor day. Then its balls to the wall until mid Jan or whenever harsh sub 20 degree winter sets in.

Reactions: Select

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
We’ve been slammed but with minimal cleaning lol

Last 12wks booked solid next 10 we’re booked

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
Use the time to sharpen your tools.

Something I definitely need too stay on top of. I’m horrible at keeping things or my mind organized well.

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
We’ve been slammed but with minimal cleaning lol

Last 12wks booked solid next 10 we’re booked
if not cleaning then what are you booked for?

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Use the time to sharpen your tools.

Something I definitely need too stay on top of. I’m horrible at keeping things or my mind organized well.
Good advice. There is no shortage of things to be done or worked on.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
Residential has slowed down for us in the dog days of summer right before school starts like clockwork for years. If I could give you one bit of advice it would be diversify your job sources. A little residential, a little commercial and some rental properties will provide you a steadier income stream all year.

In 08 I watched a lot of competitors that only did residential go under. Our residential fell off a cliff for at least a year, but commercial and rental properties kept us going strong. Just food for thought.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
if not cleaning then what are you booked for?
Diversified like @Jim said. We have floor cleaning commercial, janitorial and commercial window cleaning up too 5 floors.

I have staff that is handling those and we have flooring and floor/restoration work

Reactions: Jim Davisson

beau

Jun 5, 2015
BC, Canada
Real Name
Beau Phipps
Business Location
Canada
Guess its prob different up here in Canada, second spring starts its solid till late fall, then winter sets in and its dead lol

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
Guess its prob different up here in Canada, second spring starts its solid till late fall, then winter sets in and its dead lol
Hmm, I would of imagined the northeast where Im at might resemble something like that as well.

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
10 weeks.
dont worry about sharpening any tools they havent seen enough work yet. hit the pavement man. i have virtually zero web presence. make contacts, network and develop relationships. all this also depends on what kind of business our after and the demographics youre working in

Reactions: ACP

Select

Mar 3, 2019
Real Name
John Cartegna
Business Location
United States
dont worry about sharpening any tools they havent seen enough work yet. hit the pavement man. i have virtually zero web presence. make contacts, network and develop relationships. all this also depends on what kind of business our after and the demographics youre working in
..Hitting the nail on the head.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Usually the couple weeks before kids go back to school and the week or two after slow down a bit for me. Mid September to mid December are my 3 busiest months of the year.