Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Got this question from a business owner who wants stay anonymous for personal reasons. What do you think?

“Hey Rob I need some advice.
Yesterday, I was fully booked and it was also raining bad (storming)
All of my crew leaders and office staff showed up to work, some a bit later than others due to the storm. One of my crew leaders, right before our morning briefing told me that he did not feel comfortable working on this weather and that he wasn't going to work.

I was shocked, all my other crew leaders show up and worked with no issues. I ended up doing his whole schedule. The storm (the bad part) only lasted couple hours. Any advice on what to do with this tech”?

(This tech has a bit of entitled attitude, since the beginning).

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Mmm I dont know. If he's normally a good worker maybe he's simply scared of storms. Dont waste all the good for a small bad.

Either way it needs a discussion.

Reactions: sbsscn

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
hes just trying to see what he can get away with. The big clue is the attitude. A bad attitude will spread like fire so you need to do something NOW. Dont know that I would fire him. there are other ways to get rid of the bad apples.

Reactions: SRD

SRD

Premium VIP
Nov 6, 2010
midwest
Real Name
Spencer Dawdy
Business Location
United States
Mmm I dont know. If he's normally a good worker maybe he's simply scared of storms. Dont waste all the good for a small bad.

Either way it needs a discussion.
The entitled attitude and calling in over a storm would trump all for me, by allowing him to get away with it just sends a clear message to the other employees that its ok to call in for stupid shit. The others will follow suit or resent the hell out of it cause he got away with it while they had to work, either way the guy and his entitled attitude are poison to a team

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm just saying it depends on how it goes down. If he is always finding reasons not to work then yes I agree with everyone above.

If this was a one-time isolated incident, then why fire a good worker because he doesn't like storms?

I forget his name exactly but I remember one of the most successful Royal Navy Admirals refused to fly on a plane....would've been a shame to fire him!

Reactions: sbsscn