Credit card fees | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Credit card fees

Discussion in 'Business & Management' started by caycesch, Oct 7, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. caycesch

caycesch Active Member

Jan 18, 2011
    Male
    Ratings:
    +91 / 0 / -0
    Those of you who let your clients pay credit card fees, how do you add it on to bill if you bill your clients via email in which they have option to use card or mail check? Does fee kick in if they choose to pay by card?

• Like Like x 1
  2. mike$

mike$ Active Member

May 29, 2014
    California
    Ratings:
    +295 / 7 / -0
    Pay the credit card fees yourself. It is a courtesy not to nickel-and-dime people. If you lose just one person out of 100 by charging credit card fees you've lost money.

If you choose to go this route you would offer a cash or check discount of whatever you want it be.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. awratchford

awratchford Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Ratings:
    +2,662 / 18 / -0
    This thread has been done to death. Over and over. Your fees are so low there's no point. Even if you're talking 3% that's only $3 for every $100. Wal-Mart doesn't charge you. Remember that.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. Sean M Collins

Sean M Collins Active Member

Dec 11, 2012
    Male
    Ratings:
    +59 / 0 / -0
    Charge enough to absorb the fees on average and KISS

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Mrs.SpeedySteamer Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
    Staff Member Moderator

Apr 26, 2012
    Female
    Business Branding
    Somewhere over the Rainbow
    Ratings:
    +4,094 / 4 / -0
    Don't do it! Just don't charge a credit card fee... I get upset when I get charged $1.50 on top of $50 + taxes and a tip... Here is what @Scott W said about Credit card Fees

• Like Like x 1
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  6. Buster123

Buster123 Active Member

Jan 19, 2009
    Owner/Operator
    Gainesville Va
    Ratings:
    +222 / 0 / -0
    I pay the fee. It's pocket change.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Bret

Bret New Member

Aug 2, 2017
    Male
    Ratings:
    +10 / 0 / -0
    My employer will not, flat out refuses to pay to run cards. He sticks it to the customer everytime. He words it in such a way that the customer thinks they are getting a discount if they pay via check or cash, when in fact they are not.

8. longkenn

longkenn Well-Known Member

May 7, 2011
    Floor Care
    Winston-Salem, North Carolina
    Ratings:
    +4,250 / 7 / -0
    https://www.clearxchange.com/faqs

I don't know how well this works. However, it is a joint venture between three big banks, Chase, BOA, and Wells Fargo. There are no fees to receive funds.

9. Kyle8

Kyle8 Well-Known Member

Oct 22, 2016
    Ratings:
    +674 / 9 / -0
    my wife is trying to get me to charge but to this day i don't charge to run credit card o try and get cash or check first though.

10. Carlo Pro

Carlo Pro Well-Known Member

Nov 10, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +864 / 0 / -0
    what would you say if you go and buy something and they tell you if you pay using a CC it will cost 2-3% more?

Just charge accordingly and just deduct it as "financial expenses" at the end of the year.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  11. JTS Carpet Cleaning

Nov 2, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +18 / 0 / -0
    I always pay the fees... it's a bummer sometimes on larger jobs but then again it's a big job and I am making good money.... don't be greedy! Just pay y the 2.5-3% it's really low.... some customers also like to pay because they get rewards or air miles. I always tell people I rather have a check out cash but I never turn away a customer with credit

12. Jose Holguin

Premium VIP

Oct 20, 2012
    Male
    Vail, CO
    Ratings:
    +10,013 / 45 / -0
    Focus on the important things.