CRB's whats the Difference?

Justin Arndt

Jun 8, 2015
PA
Real Name
Justin
There is quite a few brands that look awfully similar... Strong, Clean Storm (steam brite), TMF, Brush Pro... are these are all similar/comparable? Anything far superior about one or the other? I know a lot of people recommend Brush pro... don't know much else.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
We service all kinds of machines here - and the ones that classically have the most difficult and expensive repairs are the Strong Dry machines. Some parts come from the US, some come from China, and we have difficulty getting the manufacturer to answer questions. The gears we see in them seem to strip down faster than any other CRB gears on the market.

Brush Pro and ProCaps machines seem to have excellent durability (the Brush Pro is a much heavier-duty machine, and can be used in tandem to do large areas, whereas the ProCaps is lighter and more for occasional pile-correction use than for all-day dedicated VLM). Brush Pros generally cost slightly more to repair, but go a lot longer between repairs; ProCaps machines have a "weak spot" in that if you're not careful going over transitions you'll snap the lift rods and then your brushes will distort and wear out.

Cimex and Whittaker also hardly ever break down, but the few times they do parts are pricey.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Brush Pro and the other Austrian machines are better build, more durbale and less likely to need repair.

The Brush Pros have a stronger motor and less likely to bog down when being used on a thcick carpet. They are also rated for use on wet surfaces or standing water up to 2" deep. Others are OK for damp surfaces.

Externally, they look the same. The insides are different.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
HOST can, quite frankly, be a royal pain in the tushie.

Each HOST distributor is only allowed to service their own customers - so if you have a HOST machine that you bought in, say, Toledo, and you move to Miami, you have to jump through several hoops to get your HOST compound and any parts for your machine from a new distributor. A distributor who sells to someone else's customer risks losing his right to sell at all.

I have several HOST users in this area, and while they love the convenience and speed of the process, they get complaints about the compound (think slightly damp sawdust) being left behind in the carpet. Vacuuming for days simply doesn't budge it. The upside to the system is, they are very powerful vacuums and the different types of brushes are excellent quality and do a great job of correcting even the most difficult pile.

Justin Arndt

Jun 8, 2015
PA
Real Name
Justin
Thanks for all your help! I'm looking to use whatever I purchase for agitation before HWE, occasional encap, and possibly tile and grout agitation... do the host machines with no vacuum work for these? Do they offer stiffer tile/grout brushes?

envy

Mar 12, 2015
Real Name
Aaron R
Thanks for all your help! I'm looking to use whatever I purchase for agitation before HWE, occasional encap, and possibly tile and grout agitation... do the host machines with no vacuum work for these? Do they offer stiffer tile/grout brushes?

Hi Justin,

I don't have a host machine but I have a couple of brush pros. I have the black brushes ( most aggressive) and they are not ideal for tile. If you're planning on tile/grout agitation, there's a good chance you'll be disappointed. Worth every penny for agitation on carpet though.

Sent from my iPad using TMF Forums

Reactions: Justin Arndt

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Look for the best warranty and features.

We also carry brushes of all types, see through dust collectors and both (Austrian/Asian) machines.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States

They do indeed, and two of my HOST guys use them for this exact purpose when offering HWE. I don't always get the best feedback on stone and tile jobs from them, however, so you might dig into that aspect of it a wee bit further before considering that route. If you're going to look at HOST, look at one with the vacuum regardless - if you're going to spend the money, spend it on a machine that offers multiple functions, not a one-trick pony.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
Real Name
MARCUS ANDERSON
Business Location
United States
i have a crb from powrflite made in the us....1450$...nice machine with tank
ther are 3 negatives on crbs as listed:
1. price
2. will not roll easily over hoses adn pile carpet