CRB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
If you have enough lean muscle tissue you really don't need to watch ur diet that much. My resting metabolic rate is approx 3200-3400 calories right now, it's pretty hard to out eat that unless I was going all out on McDonalds or something.

I eat some beef but mostly chicken, ground turkey, fish.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
If you have enough lean muscle tissue you really don't need to watch ur diet that much. My resting metabolic rate is approx 3200-3400 calories right now, it's pretty hard to out eat that unless I was going all out on McDonalds or something.

I eat some beef but mostly chicken, ground turkey, fish.
That is like lumberjack level burn...

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If your not using a pre spray you need to run a rinse. You can't just try and clean with water who would do that?
I cant do rinsing with water only. It's just not cleaning, but instead rinsing with water. If it isnt soiled at all then Id rather do power vacuuming or encap.

I meant to say
I cant do rinsing with water only, its just not cleaning when you rinse only with water without pre spraying, at least run something in your rinse. If it isnt soiled badly if thats the case then id rather power vacuum or do encap

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Can’t argue with you there..... I’m actually gonna start taking most my fruits and vegetables in shakes and smoothies which is easier for me than eating. I really don’t eat much red meat. Lot of chicken breast though. Little to no alcohol. I just can’t stand fish partly because I didn’t grow up eating it. I’m highly allergic to crustaceans so I’ve just stayed away from seafood in general although I know I’d be fine just eating fish.

Take omega 3 oil, flax seed oil, or krill oil.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I'm 5'11 216 admittedly a little puffy right now. Dexa scanned at 13% bf a little while before the lockdown.. not sure where I'm at now. Sub 10% would be cool but I don't want to do any crazy restrictive diet I can't stick toView attachment 92273
Dude you look like brock lesnar

Reactions: Joe cool

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I cant do rinsing with water only. It's just not cleaning, but instead rinsing with water. If it isnt soiled at all then Id rather do power vacuuming or encap.

I meant to say
I cant do rinsing with water only, its just not cleaning when you rinse only with water without pre spraying, at least run something in your rinse. If it isnt soiled badly if thats the case then id rather power vacuum or do encap
Definitely agree. By running a rinse I mean an extraction solution, either acid rinse or detergent.

Formula 90 is my favorite. Went to a long time customers job today, last time we did her place we only used formula 90 no pre treat and her carpets stayed cleaner.

I always had the mind set that running any detergent is bad and only ever did all fiber rinse or soft water.

Only started using formula 90 about 1 year ago

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm sure I'll get a lot of shit for this but...I just simply let it dwell 5-10 minutes while I bring my other hoses in. The Rotovac or Mytee T-Rex makes short work of it. 1 year in business now and I've not had a single call back for dirty carpet (in fact I've only had 1 call back related to pet urine odor and it was obvious the cat had peed since we left).

So I say don't overcomplicate it. Here is a flyer I made recently for a property manager and I did NOT scrub this carpet and look how it still turned out.

Just Rotovac 360i, medium heat, BioPro 10k with Pure02 Booster.

Attachments

Reactions: sbsscn

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
My comment about Wool? In my market, handmade wool rugs from Afghanistan are common, fudge up on one of those and you just bought $4,000 rug. So yeah, I'm extremely careful around Wool in my market.

I agree with you about machine wool or wall-to-wall wool carpet not needing nearly the same level of care.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I'm sure I'll get a lot of shit for this but...I just simply let it dwell 5-10 minutes while I bring my other hoses in. The Rotovac or Mytee T-Rex makes short work of it. 1 year in business now and I've not had a single call back for dirty carpet (in fact I've only had 1 call back related to pet urine odor and it was obvious the cat had peed since we left).

So I say don't overcomplicate it. Here is a flyer I made recently for a property manager and I did NOT scrub this carpet and look how it still turned out.

Just Rotovac 360i, medium heat, BioPro 10k with Pure02 Booster.
Big improvement but still looks dirty in some spots. Had you prescrubbed you woulda had a better end result. I’m sure your customer was happy. I’m my own worst critic. I’ve left jobs not too satisfied while the customer was ecstatic.

Reactions: Rory henderson

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
There you go again!.... $4k would be extremely cheap, dude.

You keep sayin sh:t that is tryin to say something but you unintentionally tell us something else.

Just don't chime in on stuff you have little experience about and you'll be good
You gotta understand...I don't live in the land of fruits and nuts and expensive rugs. =)

AussieCarpetBloke

Premium VIP
May 15, 2016
Real Name
Corey
Did 3 small expensive wool rugs today.
Just after I had pre treated the second and while I was agitating, the gentleman of the house says oh that’s silk blend that one....perfect, soft, shiny, dry when I left phew

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Took a CRB home this weekend to work on my living room rug. I vacuum this thing 2-3 times per week with an Oreck XL, and the CRB still managed to pull this much hair out of it. Ewww.
0613201316.jpg
0613201147.jpg

(you can see the two hair-culprits checking out the unit and looking worried, lol)

Reactions: ACP

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
0510201252.jpg
0530201629.jpg
0529201853d.jpg

Damn beagles indeed, lol. She's a "doxle" (beagle-dach mix) and she adores her daddy. Follows him everywhere, sleeps under the covers with him, cries when he leaves the house. And if the CAT dares to get attention, she hops right up in there too. Poor fella has to double-barrel the petting sessions.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Don't forget that you'd have much less fiber in carpet if you used a top notch vac like a Windsor or ProTeam.
Also, 2-3 times isn't treading water in that situation

Should be twice as much with as many beings living in yer house.
Plus, you've got a textile like a rug in a high use room across hard surface.

I guarantee that if I did a clean bag test with a good vacuum instead of yer CRB,...I'd get twice as much fiber collected in bag
Bubba, I spend all week running a store that supports you guys, lol, two to three times a week is all I've got in me! :LOL:

My poor old Oreck is getting on in years, true - and I still have an Electrolux canister stashed away too. I have a Shark that I use upstairs (contractor-grade frieze, ugh) but I don't want to use it on that rug, the beater bar isn't adjustable.

If you think placement on THAT rug is bad, you oughtta see the Safavieh wool I've got in the kitchen...! I'm so very naughty.

Reactions: Hacky-sack

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I did a live FB test to prove my original findings.

I was in a vacant that the house cleaners had already vacuumed.

Knowing that they had pets in that unit, I knew there'd still be hair so it was perfect for the test.

First, I went over entire carpet with 15" CRB.
I wanted to give the CRB the best opportunity to have the most volume of hair to gather.

I spent a little more time with CRB also.

Then I vacuumed with Windsor XP-12 with a brand new paper bag.

After looking at contents, there was about 3x more fiber in vacuum bag than CRB had collected on brushes and trays.

Remember I used a PAPER vac bag.
This was before I knew poly microfiber bags existed , which I use exclusively today.

My best recommendation if you want maximum soil and hair removal in one machine is to get a tits vacuum like a Windsor or a ProTeam.

I'm guessing that ProTeam also has poly bags but I know Windsor has them. They noticeably allow more CFM
That is a flawed test. The CRB likely loosened the remaining fibers which would have came out with the wand. I bet if you do the reverse test and vacuum, then CRB, then vacuum again, you'll still find more hair in the vacuum due to all the loosening of the fibers from the CRB.

Status
Not open for further replies.