CRB ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CRB ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LRZ360

Nov 21, 2019
Real Name
lindell zanders
Would like some advice on the best brand of a CRB to purchase. And a 15 or 20 inch Thanks in advance

Reactions: Art Kelley

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Most overrated tool that this industry has ever produced.
Need agitation?.... Get a vegetable brush fer yer 175

need to remove pet hair?.... Get a professional vacuum.
175 is fine in places like Florida with so many 1 level homes.. who wants to lug one up to a 3rd floor? It scrubs hard but when do you even need that much scrub unless it's a total shit pit in which case a rotary extract with brush head will do it with good chems

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Who sells them and where can I order one from sir
Any Interlink dealer.

If you like swirls go with a 175 which makes it a bit more difficult if your following up with a wand. If you want to wand easy, go with a CRB. Just pile lift in the direction you will use the wand.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
If you find a crb digs deeper, yer not using a vegetable brush.
I really don't use it much on carpet now at all since I've got brushes in the Trex but I was comparing the 175 to CRB....

175 with vegetable brush is a beast.
Thing about a CRB is you can scrub rooms quick, move right into scrubbing stairs. I carry it inside in 1 hand with a wand in the other hand.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I used the CRB for years. I still have this picture that I CRBed/Wanded a carpet.

Then I broke out the Rotovac 360i (no brush head) and well...the results speak for themselves. Kind of tells you something doesn't it?

The most amazing part...I didn't even apply a 2nd pre-spray before using the Rotovac. So there was enough chemical left in the carpet even after wanding thoroughly that it worked with the Rotovac.

I'll take a rotary over a wand any day.

Attachments

Reactions: sbsscn and Fedri

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
CRB is an excellent tool and you cannot ever go wrong with one. It will never damage the fiber or strand or any pattern or crimp. 175 is a great tool but I would not use one on wall to wall wool carpeting that is Berber.

Brush pro is the best, Host is 2nd and the rest id say be careful although the master blend seems good also.

you wont go wrong with the 15 but if you do commercial large areas then go 20. if you can afford bought get one of each and daisy chain them to make a 35 for large areas

Reactions: Fedri

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Ive owned a 15" CRB and now have 2 Cimex's.

A CRB is a joke compared to a proper VLM machine like a Cimex for doing Encap.

Even a shower fed 175 sh:ts on a CRB for doing Encap.
No comparison

Awesome it has worked well for you. I too have had them.
Cimex is a good tool. It really is a preference. But since the CRB was being asked I cant discourage someone from using one. a 175 would never be able to agitate a absorbing compound and extracted with just itself, thats why I say all tools have a place. CRB is not crap. I dont think any tool is useless unless its horribly designed and a brush pro is not a cheaply designed tool. No harm done, no harm intended either

Reactions: rob allen

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
If you have a crb and a good one like the brush pro and the opportunity to get an account comes along and youre thinking of buying another tool, Dont a crb can make you some money and get the job done. Ive heard that there are some crbs that are just not well built. I say stay away from those.

A crb is the way to go if you have a bad back, if you already have one, or are just plain out happy with it. Dont ever let anyone discourage you from using a tool that is working for you.

There are going to be a lot of haters out there but in the end itll be up to you to determine if that tool works for you.

See it this way

a 175 is an awesome tool
a cymex is a wonderful tool
a rotovac is a wonderful tool
a crb is a wonderful tool

it works for everyone but not everyone likes the feel of them

unless everyone is telling you dont then dont worry about the negative.

Obviously there are crb owners that say and have positive things and experiences otherwise the tool would go extinct

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I don't use 175 to scrub carpet since they put brushes on Trex.

my process is simpler nowadays.
Only two machines I bring in to clean are vacuum and Trex.

wand is just for edging

Just comparing CRB scrubbing ability to a 175/vegetable brush.

I'm open to any ideas that speed up the process but I won't clean again with just the wand and I can't have a tool on my van that takes up space without making money.

After I tested the CRB thoroughly,....I sold it.
Made $200
Hey since you tend to hate crbs,

Could you get one and resell to me at $200
thanks !

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Honestly I just got the TMF pounder it's a 10' and it's amazing, light, and you can use it on steps. Highly recommend oh and it's been really helpful in tile and grout jobs too. Even used it to clean some vinyl plank floors.

Reactions: rob allen

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
For the money....there's WAY better tools.
Knocking out almost 6k in work today using the Zipper SSView attachment 92188
Do you ever zipper in residential?

Seems like it would be a pain. I know I said you use t rex every job but what about the monster super clean homes?

We do a lot in the 5k-10k sqft range, very clean high quality carpet. I can't imagine running a rotary on the entire job would take forever, usually the entire upstairs doesn't need pre spray just a few main floor rooms

Reactions: Fedri

Timothyscarpet

Aug 29, 2018
Real Name
Chris Westerman
Do you ever zipper in residential?

Seems like it would be a pain. I know I said you use t rex every job but what about the monster super clean homes?

We do a lot in the 5k-10k sqft range, very clean high quality carpet. I can't imagine running a rotary on the entire job would take forever, usually the entire upstairs doesn't need pre spray just a few main floor rooms
Wait there are some carpets you don't thrown down prespray?

Status
Not open for further replies.