CRB vs Vacuum | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CRB vs Vacuum

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Happened to run into a good job to show you guys on just for the purpose of the discussion in the closed thread lol.

I tuned up the proteam xp1500 very recently and it had a brand new bag. Pulled lots of fine soil, sand, and dog hair.

It was 2.5 areas. I did really slow back strokes with the vac, didn't bs it just for the test I really tried to pull as much gunk out as possible.

Here's pics.
20200615_111353_compress78.jpg
20200615_114111_compress60.jpg
20200615_114616_compress37.jpg
20200615_114634_compress3.jpg
20200615_114732_compress29.jpg
20200615_114738_compress80.jpg

Reactions: StevenB. and mrotto

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Can you do pile lifter vs CRB?
I dont own one. They are cool but really bulky and not versatile like a CRB.

It's not about how strong the suction is but more so how deep the brushes go, any vacuum on "bare floor" setting still isn't digging that deep.

This carpet today wasn't even thick, you should see the wads that come out of a heavy nylon with long hair Huskies lol

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I guess it should be CRB then vacuum. Then prespray. Then CRB again?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
For the record too a 360i or trex etc will pull that much crap out as well.

Our process is just faster with CRB + wand... more profitable. Rotaries clean crazy good but they are super slow and you still have to use a wand to cut in edges.

If its heavy urine we use a 360, it works better than flushing with a water claw..

Reactions: mrotto and Thewy

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I am considering the Host Liberator it’s a CRB and vacuum. Plus it can do dry cleaning.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Too bad we don't get to see contents in vacuum bag.
My life test was dry carpet.
CRB first. Measure debris

Vacuum second. Measure debris.

Vacuum collected roughly 3x more.

vacuum was Windsor XP-12 with paper bag.

I'd like to try that test again some day now that I use poly fiber bags.

This pic was taken after scrubbing with Trex on a different job that was thoroughly vacuumed View attachment 92486g
Forgot to take a pic of the cut open bag but there was a lot of fine soil and hair for sure

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Good test. Next time try Vacuum, CRB, then Vacuum.

Hell for fun, CRB it again after the 2nd vacuum. You'll still be seeing hair.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I love the xp1500 but unfortunately the floating head doesnt always make a good seal on the carpet pile. Dont get me wrong its a good vacuum.

The CRB has counter rotating (dig deep and lift) capabilities, a vacuum doesnt have that ability, the certified pile lifter has 1 rotating brush and digs deep.
I wonder if they have a CRB that can vacuum?......

Oh wait the Host does!!

that has the best of both worlds IMO.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
I am considering the Host Liberator it’s a CRB and vacuum. Plus it can do dry cleaning.
too bulky especially in residential. The CRB will lift the nap and loosen the debris. The wand will remove it.

As a sidenote, if you CRB first then vacuum - yes the vacuum will remove more debris because the CRB exposed it. A CRB is not designed to remove debris (it will collect some excess debris in the Renovators) but it WILL separate the fibers and expose the loose debris so that a wand will remove it (holed glide not recommended). Make sure you have an inline filter.

If your dead set on a Liberator, I have one you can buy

Reactions: Fedri

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Good test. Next time try Vacuum, CRB, then Vacuum.

Hell for fun, CRB it again after the 2nd vacuum. You'll still be seeing hair.
if you really want to be anal, you could CRB dry, then vacuum, prespray, CRB then extract and groom

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have a Host machine and it also has a removable vacuum. Pretty good idea

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
too bulky especially in residential. The CRB will lift the nap and loosen the debris. The wand will remove it.

As a sidenote, if you CRB first then vacuum - yes the vacuum will remove more debris because the CRB exposed it. A CRB is not designed to remove debris (it will collect some excess debris in the Renovators) but it WILL separate the fibers and expose the loose debris so that a wand will remove it (holed glide not recommended). Make sure you have an inline filter.

If your dead set on a Liberator, I have one you can buy
I agree it’s just too bulky. Probably the Certified Pile Lifter with a CRB is the best choice for dry soil and compound recovery.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
Compound cleaning kinda sucks man have you tried it?

It's a mess and really inefficient
I’ve been watching videos. HOST sells a barrel applicator for the compound. Also some pre-spray and spotters. Since I’m part time it might make more sense to do VLM out of a smaller vehicle. Just weighing my options.

Last edited:

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
Host machine is not bulky. its actually pretty compact. I take the vacuum attachment off when I just need the scrubber only or doing encap put back on when doing Compound cleaning, really its not difficult at all is not difficult at all!

I fell in love with Robs Shake n Rake,It really, Really works.
My local distributor ran out of The Holst compound one time and decided to give rob's shake n rake a try. I used it just once and ended up ordering 3 more tubs and never went back to Host product.

Rob's works better, absorbs better, drys fast and smells awesome!
My client noticed the difference and the smell to her was just fantastic!

the stuff works so good that it has made that account so easy to do and all it took was RSNB now she has me come in every 3 months to do the office.
Try shake N rake, you wont be disappointed.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I’ve been watching videos. HOST sells a barrel applicator for the compound. Also some pre-spray and spotters. Since I’m part time it might make more sense to do VLM out of a smaller vehicle. Just weighing my options.
Give Robs Shake N Rake a try it works really good, and is in my opinion very affordable. I only maintain a relationship with host for my maintenance parts.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Host machine is not bulky. its actually pretty compact. I take the vacuum attachment off when I just need the scrubber only or doing encap put back on when doing Compound cleaning, really its not difficult at all is not difficult at all!

I fell in love with Robs Shake n Rake,It really, Really works.
My local distributor ran out of The Holst compound one time and decided to give rob's shake n rake a try. I used it just once and ended up ordering 3 more tubs and never went back to Host product.

Rob's works better, absorbs better, drys fast and smells awesome!
My client noticed the difference and the smell to her was just fantastic!

the stuff works so good that it has made that account so easy to do and all it took was RSNB now she has me come in every 3 months to do the office.
Try shake N rake, you wont be disappointed.
Drys faster ? Does it get wet ?

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I agree it’s just too bulky. Probably the Certified Pile Lifter with a CRB is the best choice for dry soil and compound recovery.
The CRB and certified pile lifter are great machines but if you have a budget or already have a host, youll be fine with the machine. I actually prefer the host machine for compound cleaning (mostly cause I dont own a pile lifter) but I d rather let the host recover the compound instead of using vacuum bags up and do keep in mind that the compound does contain moisture (juice) and that you want to allow compound to dry as much as possible before recovering with any vacuum that is not wet/dry vacuum. I've recovered with vacuum and I havent enjoyed the wet bag falling apart on me. The crb with collector trays is a better choice for compound but good crbs are expensive and rightly so. I was blessed to buy a only used once host cleaning package from a doctor who couldnt figure the machine out. his wife bought it for his office, he never used it but his wife once did the cleaning and stored it in the cleaning closet. He thought it was ridiculous for her to have spent over 5k on the machine. She did died shortly after the first use he ignored the cleaning service and instead hired a local cleaner for carpet cleaning. he came across the abandoned equipment and sold it to me for $800.00 you bet I jumped on it and bought. His wife bought extra maintenance parts and that in itself has saved me $ on maintenance. The version I have is not the dark black/blue (new verion) I have the piggy back vacuum style.

Very happy with the machine and On robs shake n bake.

You can use a noodle strainer for spreading the compound.

Last edited: