CRB vs Rake | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CRB vs Rake

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
What is your opinion on CRB vs rake for agitation and pile lifting? I still use a rake. Is a CRB worth the cost?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
No comparison, a CRB will out perform a take. But yes, spending $2,000 is a bit much !

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I second the oreck with the blue brush. I would love to carry more tools on the van, but space is limited and the little oreck does a little of everything very well. The number 1 reason for me is time, I can make easily make one trip from the parking deck to the 5th floor with everything I need.

20200325_095021.jpg

Oreck for the win

Reactions: keep it clean

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I have always raked for chemical agitation but after seeing pictures of others using the CRB I have a hopeless feeling when I reach for my rake now. I just started using my 360i again just recently for better agitation. The carpet brush head that is. I have had it for years and never used that head. Its a beast.

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I am using an older Host machine given to me by an apartment complex many moons ago for my CRB.

It really kicks the stuff up and out of the carpet after pre-spraying!
Those machines really held up. Mine the brush caps popped out. So I had to use a zip tie to hold them in to keep the motor running. Other then that it just keeps on going.

gborris

Dec 27, 2018
Real Name
Grant Borris
I second the oreck with the blue brush. I would love to carry more tools on the van, but space is limited and the little oreck does a little of everything very well. The number 1 reason for me is time, I can make easily make one trip from the parking deck to the 5th floor with everything I need.

View attachment 91008
Oreck for the win

Exactly. I really want a CRB, but I already have an Oreck with green brush and a rake. I guess I’ll wait.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
There is no comparing machinical agitation to scrubbing manually when your trying to hit the area better.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
agree, mechanical agitation is the way to go. Our job is hard enough. Why do more work when it can be done with a machine.

Ive run HOST machines since 1981. Still use one on steps since its lightweight. But the Brush Pro rocks.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
agree the 20 inch is heavy and only use it on comercial. 17 inch for residential

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
When you rinse go 2 inch to the wand no cuff just plug the hose over the wand. Carpets will clean great dry fast spruce up nice blue label all day

MikeHawley14

Oct 21, 2018
Peoria, Arizona
Real Name
Michael Hawley
Business Location
United States
With products like blue label as long as you have hard vacuum pressure and heat you can just clean so rake or crb is going to be great but crb gets out all kinda hair sand odd small particles inside the carpet fibers the rake creates a little heat helps the fiber accept the product

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
With products like blue label as long as you have hard vacuum pressure and heat you can just clean so rake or crb is going to be great but crb gets out all kinda hair sand odd small particles inside the carpet fibers the rake creates a little heat helps the fiber accept the product
Nah man... Mechanical pile lifting can't be beat, especially on poly carpets. It really is the difference between you and Stanley Steemer.