CRB vs. ORECK XL

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Yea a modified sine generator is fine for 99% of applications. I have a 4000/3200 champion modified sine for years. I barely change the oil or do any maintenance. It pulls first start. The pull start string breaks but it’s cheap to replace. It’s actually remote control start stop but I lost the remote long ago.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I agree. I’m not naturally one to like to argue. Trust me I’m pretty passive. But I’ll still stand behind this... just because a guy is newer doesn’t mean at all they aren’t right. This forum has a few members that if they said 1+1 = 129 everyone would agree and the new guy would be a idiot. I don’t cave to facts. Opinions ok we all have them. But facts are facts. I do regret being so involved with the thread. But like Timmie and I posted our kids clean carpet. It’s carpet cleaning. People make it like your not proficient unless your doing it 20 years. None of this is all that hard. I still have questions at times. Chemistry, and new areas. But reading a 175 doesn’t crush Carpet fibers type posts is embarrassing.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Yea a modified sine generator is fine for 99% of applications. I have a 4000/3200 champion modified sine for years. I barely change the oil or do any maintenance. It pulls first start. The pull start string breaks but it’s cheap to replace. It’s actually remote control start stop but I lost the remote long ago.
So their motors are good then!! Yea the 830.00 inverter is dual fuel with electric start.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I use them a few hours change the oil and then hardly ever maintain them again! Lol

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I agree. I’m not naturally one to like to argue. Trust me I’m pretty passive. But I’ll still stand behind this... just because a guy is newer doesn’t mean at all they aren’t right. This forum has a few members that if they said 1+1 = 129 everyone would agree and the new guy would be a idiot. I don’t cave to facts. Opinions ok we all have them. But facts are facts. I do regret being so involved with the thread. But like Timmie and I posted our kids clean carpet. It’s carpet cleaning. People make it like your not proficient unless your doing it 20 years. None of this is all that hard. I still have questions at times. Chemistry, and new areas. But reading a 175 doesn’t crush Carpet fibers type posts is embarrassing.
Yea, my wife calls me "the pot stirer". I try not to, but i love to laugh.
I just kid and joke alot. But I have a serious side too.
I'm learning a ton on here from guys like you. And it's fun too...

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Trust me if you know me I am usually not serious hence some of my dumb posts. Lol I just take learning seriously. I’m trying to not start off with shortcuts and concerned about endless speed. Quality is what I’m after and being compensated very well to justify it,

Bob Savage

Mar 6, 2007
Dayton, OH
www.perfection-carpet.com
Real Name
Bob Savage
Business Location
United States
View attachment 83408I really like using a Host. I agree it’s a bit light and takes longer. Yet really works well. Dollar for dollar a used Host IMHO is a great value. But it is lighter. The Brush Pro however is a monster
I have that same Host machine for scrubbing.

It works great!

I also have a Chemspec pile lifter.

Reactions: Jim Davisson

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I have been walking on a Persian rug that's over 80 years old.
And it's real wool. Fibers dont looks crushed to me.........

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I have been walking on a Persian rug that's over 80 years old.
And it's real wool. Fibers dont looks crushed to me.........
I've been cleaning a particular Oriental rug that comes to mind for a very long time, it has a huge stone top dining room table on it for years at a time until we wash it. When I deliver and set it in place the customer needs to help us get the placement right every time, because we can't tell where the indentions were previously... Maybe I'm missing something.

Reactions: Ymetimme

Ymetimme

Apr 27, 2018
Real Name
Tim yeater
I had to go back and re-read where you got this, but exactly where are you getting your data that a long time industry standard machine is crushing fibers?
Yeah I'm not sure what he meant by crushing fiber
Maybe he meant to say as they can Matt down the fiber there for not allowing for more debris removal???
But 175 or like anything in an experienced operators hands they can be quite detrimental to carpet I've seen tip Bloom and all sorts of other issues do to over-anxious scrubbing

I have also seen people completely remove Fringe from very high-end Oriental rugs improperly operating a crb buy a guy getting it caught up in the machine

Honestly shouldn't we want as many toys as possible to make us best equipped for a given situation

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
The world doesn’t revolve around you Jim. You didn’t make the statement. And nobody was talking about wool rugs. Geez this forum needs Tylenol to be a sponsor. I just picked up 4 Oriental Wool Rugs, I plan on using a 175 on them. Is someone anti 175?
But on a saxony a machine designed to strip floors doesn’t crush fibers? That’s about as dumb as saying walking on them doesn’t crush fibers. Sorry Jim you have your I love Jim club that agrees with everything you say, but my 11 yr son cleans carpets, hum so do you. Not rocket science.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
But crushing simply meant a crb lifts pile by upward movement of brushes. A 175 spins fibers with weigh. Doesn’t life them up equally. Perhaps I do use the wrong terms at times

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I should of paid more attention in school, my ability to express certain things like “crush” may not come out exactly correctly.
But Jim for someone who doesn’t care, you sure seem to spend a lot of time replying.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I only sweat like that when a cop pulls me over......or if I have the shits....

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Here's what comes out of a mytee booster in the bottom of the tank. This is suction people!!
NO CRB needed. The mytee GENTLY removes it without tearing out carpet fibers...........lol....and i vacuumed the hell out of this carpet first!!! It was filthy!!!
ACP: TRUCKMOUNT BEWARE...LOLView attachment 83535View attachment 83534
Im selling all my equipment and going the mytee route. Thank you for opening my eyes, Ive been blind for so long.