CRB vs. ORECK XL

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
How much better is a crb at scrubbing carpets then the oreck xl can do???
Just curious and wondering if the over inflated price for one is worth it.
I know someone out there has so have both and knows the major differences between the two.
Thank you

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
They are totally different machines. A Oreck is a small OP machine.
A crb digs deep in the pile and will shock you what it brings up. This was from one 10x10 room today, after pre vacuuming. I’m not sure how anyone gets away with not crbing residential.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
Oreck is great for small pad bonnet imho. Great for steps. Great for pre scrubbing if you don’t have a crb. But for getting endless junk deep in the pile they aren’t the same type of machines.

Reactions: Clean-n-mean

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Crb is a much better carpet scrubbing tool imo. But you dont need one to do a good job. What you have works.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
They are totally different machines. A Oreck is a small OP machine.
A crb digs deep in the pile and will shock you what it brings up. This was from one 10x10 room today, after pre vacuuming. I’m not sure how anyone gets away with not crbing residential. View attachment 83403
Wow!!! Holy crap!! Man that place musta been a pigpen!!!

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Having had a crb, an oreck, and a 175 (13 inch and this week a 20 inch), i would say the 175 is the scrubber, or the best at scrubbing. No one uses a crb or an oreck (although i know one guy who did) to scrub and recoat vct, or strip and wax vct. The 175 is the scrubber. The oreck and crb, because of their action and weight, are less powerful at scrubbing. Ive used a carpet rake, a deck brush, and had good results with them. How much more "scrubbing" one really needs is questionable. If a carpet needs restoration work, the 175 and pads can do it. Other than that, whatever we use to "scrub" carpet, if one likes to do so, any of these things can work to some good degree. Does one have to scrub every carpet? I dont.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Having had a crb, an oreck, and a 175 (13 inch and this week a 20 inch), i would say the 175 is the scrubber, or the best at scrubbing. No one uses a crb or an oreck (although i know one guy who did) to scrub and recoat vct, or strip and wax vct. The 175 is the scrubber. The oreck and crb, because of their action and weight, are less powerful at scrubbing. Ive used a carpet rake, a deck brush, and had good results with them. How much more "scrubbing" one really needs is questionable. If a carpet needs restoration work, the 175 and pads can do it. Other than that, whatever we use to "scrub" carpet, if one likes to do so, any of these things can work to some good degree. Does one have to scrub every carpet? I dont.
Hey pat how are you??? Busy??

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
I have two, a older Host. And a 17” Brush Pro.
While they aren’t “required” a Oreck doesn’t pick up debris and remove the dirt. It just scrubs but doesn’t remove debris.
As for the condition of the carpet, before I cleaned it I think most people would agree it didn’t appear bad at all. That’s all the stuff lurking at the bottom of the pile.
Again just my opinion but I can’t see how people could say a Carpet was clean without a crb for pile type residential.

Attachments

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
While I appreciate the usefulness of a 175, but it’s not practical for a lot of residential work. They crush fibers, and don’t get down to the bottom of the pile. A crb gets the stuff on the bottom and lifts it to the top and removes it. A 175 no doubt is better for “scrubbing” VCT, I doubt anyone would argue otherwise. A 175 can’t get the bottom of fibers in a pile carpet.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
IMHO using a 175 on most residential carpets is like using a grinder to clean your teeth. And a crb is like a real tooth brush. Both are tools, a grinder has a lot more uses but it’s not the correct tool.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
IMHO using a 175 on most residential carpets is like using a grinder to clean your teeth. And a crb is like a real tooth brush. Both are tools, a grinder has a lot more uses but it’s not the correct tool.
You bastard!!! I knew you where gonna say that.....lol.
Alright, I'm impressed what it pulled out of the carpet!!! Is yours a Austrian built one???

Reactions: AZHome&Carpet

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
I have two, a older Host. And a 17” Brush Pro.
While they aren’t “required” a Oreck doesn’t pick up debris and remove the dirt. It just scrubs but doesn’t remove debris.
As for the condition of the carpet, before I cleaned it I think most people would agree it didn’t appear bad at all. That’s all the stuff lurking at the bottom of the pile.
Again just my opinion but I can’t see how people could say a Carpet was clean without a crb for pile type residential.
The crb is too light to get to bottoms of piles, it floats a lot of times on top. 175 pads do scrub and pick up a lot of things, including hair.

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
175's have brushes, pads, bonnets, truly cleans teeth well. Cant put a pad or a bonnet on a crb. I aint drinking the crb coolaid. Crbs are useful, but limited, and expensive, and have durability issues. These are facts, not fighting points. I could care less about a 175 or crb, but facts are facts, thats what we all should care about.

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens
175 has many uses, but again it doesn’t take dirt out of carpet. Also there’s not one that lifts carpet fibers. I’m not sure which CRB you’ve used but I use one everyday. It’s whole purpose is to get deep into the fiber. It’s designed for carpet. A 175 is designed to scrub floors. Don’t get me wrong I own a 17” 175 as well. Works great, has tons of use, but has yet lifted pile, or extracted dirt.

Reactions: Fedri