CRB vs OP

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Jul 17, 2018
Real Name
Brian Manwarren
I use a Trinity Spyder... would u get better results if I prescrub with a crb and bonnet extract with the spyder vs using a fiber pad or microfiber bonnet??

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
New Jersey
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Yes in my opinion. I use a CRB when doing HWE and VLM. When doing VLM I use a CRB to scrub and a OP (Challenger for residential) to extract. When doing HWE I use a TM to extract.

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
I have both but I don't see a need to use more than one machine while escaping. I use crb to agitate prespray and hwe, or use orbot to encap. It might do a tiny bit better job but its alot more work to use both doing encap.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
New Jersey
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
CRB cleans deeper and digs out everything down to the base of the carpet. Plus it's easier to maneuver and get into tighter areas than a OP. It's more equipment to bring in but you get a better result.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
New Jersey
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I use a Trinity Spyder... would u get better results if I prescrub with a crb and bonnet extract with the spyder vs using a fiber pad or microfiber bonnet??
What is your honest opinion of your Trinity Spyder ? I have a Trinity Freedom that I have been trying to sell for years but nobody wants it. It's like using a jackhammer to clean carpet. Total waste of money. $2495.00 for a POS !!!!

EliteClean

Jul 17, 2018
Real Name
Brian Manwarren
What is your honest opinion of your Trinity Spyder ? I have a Trinity Freedom that I have been trying to sell for years but nobody wants it. It's like using a jackhammer to clean carpet. Total waste of money. $2495.00 for a POS !!!!
I love the spyder. Trinity has continued to perfect their craft. I just wondered if for certain jobs if the different action of a CRB would benefit me

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
George, sounds like someone needs a few tips on selling - why is anyone going to buy your Freedom if it's a POS, lol?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
New Jersey
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
George, sounds like someone needs a few tips on selling - why is anyone going to buy your Freedom if it's a POS, lol?
Very true but I would feel bad selling it to someone without telling them the truth. If I tell them the truth and they still buy it, then I'm ok with that.

I'm not very happy somebody sold it to me for $2495, so I'm not going to sell it to someone without telling them the truth about it.

Nov 18, 2018
Real Name
Ron Beaire
Honestly the CRB is designed to be used first in every situation! We use it before we vacuum and sometimes after we vacuum ....then we start cleaning! OP machines are vibrating monstrosities lol ...just my opinion! After owning just about all of them, we just keep returning to the old fashion 175 after CRB or HWE

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
What do you use in the place of the Trinity Freedom as an OP machine?

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
I am very surprised to find omegazyme or RR with Host t6, cleans super great in house for interim touch-ups in testing. Will take pics. This from a dyed-in-the-wool TM'er!

Smtwn janitorial

Sep 21, 2016
Real Name
Matt ross
Not sure if this is overkill but I do the following normally (I do currently only commercial).

1. Vacuum
2. CRB (Brush Pro)
3. Prespray
4. HWE (Portable)
5. Orbot Vibe with Superzorbs

Overkill or just right?
Its overkill if you can achieve the same end result with less steps.
Think about this. If you hired someone to trim your lawn and they took three times as many steps as they need to, would you be happy? I wouldnt because I would know that they could give me better value doing only what is necessary for a good quality job.

Most commercial carpet doesn't need crb work. The pile is so low that it isn't always helpful. If you have the right tools nbn you can get great dry times without bonneting afterwards. Of you can sometimes just vacuum and bonnet. You are wasting alot of your own time. Which is very valuable.

In occasion with a portable you might need all those steps, but without a doubt you should pre spray before you crb. The crb will agitate your chemicals in and help them work much better.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
New Jersey
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I bought my 15'' Whittaker Trio off ebay for $1995 in December 2017. So I got it at a good price. I only used it 2 times. It does a good job and it is truly low moisture cleaning. It has a fine mist and the carpet is dry in 15-30 minutes. I have the extra stiff blue brushes and standard grey brushes.