CRB vs 175

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
This job is just .08, they handle all pre/post vacuuming and I'm cool with it. We come in and just scrub and run. I let them use our dual single cord sanataires for a week ahead. Today, I had my boy for half a day after he finished his first stop. 24 man hours total with two 20" 175's. The pump zero sprayers got a work out.

20200820_133929.jpg

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Nice. I'm going to pick up a gallon and try it out. Do you use scented or unscented?
I forgot this. Liquid CLO2 like peroxide can be affected by heat.

Do not leave them in your hot van. I only take what I need for the day and bring all CLO2 and peroxide in the house when I'm done for the day.

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
I forgot this. Liquid CLO2 like peroxide can be affected by heat.

Do not leave them in your hot van. I only take what I need for the day and bring all CLO2 and peroxide in the house when I'm done for the day.
Good thing I ordered a gallon in the hottest month! I’m sure the carrier will take special care of it. /-:

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I used the Beckart stabalized powder CL02 today on poly on a first floor condo. Lady died and daughter is now selling. Had some pet odor in one bedroom and many stains from who knows what in living/dining room.

Bedroom used 30 gram packet in 2 gallons of water to help sanitize/deodorize The rest of the condo used 30 gram packet in 4 gallons of water. Also added 8 oz per gallon of Bonnet Pro Surround Citrus.

Vacuum, prespray, CRB, extract with Hawk 175-300 and Bonnet Pro Ironman Bonnets and Groom with CRB to finish. AMAZING RESULTS

Lady thought she might have to replace carpet but carpet looked almost new and smelled great when I finished.

CL02 is a GAME CHANGER for VLM.

I love VLM !!!

Last edited:

Odin

Mar 26, 2014
Real Name
terje brevik
they both do the job, CRB has tons of moving little expensive parts require lots of maintenance and cleaning, 175 rotaries when done just a little Windex wipe down and your pretty much done,

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I've been adding Just Gone to TMF Pro Safe and getting get results. I haven't tried it on anything bad but works great for your typical VLM job.

Pro-safe-extreme-carpet-cleaner-prespray-liquid-GREEN-1-gallon_5000x.jpg

Last edited:

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
Did you get Just Gone and try yet ?
Got it! Our tech was impressed with the stuff. This time of year we are heavy on upholstery and pet stains and he's making CLO2 into one of his go to treatments. Most of our clients have wool blend area rugs so chemistry is critical. I'd like to run some tests on the stabilized CLO2 vs the sodium chlorite tabs. If I could just remember where the ph strips are.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States

I used TMF Pro Safe and Just Gone on old beige nylon Saturday. Lady was just moving in and she said previous owner had dogs. She wanted carpets cleaned and sanitized.

CRB scrub and then Challenger with light blue microfiber bonnets to extract. The carpets looked beautiful.

CL02 will sanitize/deodorize and brighten the carpet. It will also remove pet stains.

I love VLM !!!

Last edited:

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA

I used TMF Pro Safe and Just Gone on old nylon Saturday. Lady was just moving in and she said previous owner had dogs. She wanted carpets cleaned and sanitized.

CRB scrub and then Challenger with light blue microfiber bonnets to extract. The carpets looked beautiful.

CL02 will sanitize/deodorize and brighten the carpet. It will also remove pet stains.

I love VLM !!!
Speaking of VLM, I just watched Yeater's new vid on the Mytee Eco14. A nice tool for sure but we are already stocked with an oreck, 175 and a cimex. Hmmmm

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Yeater ?

I have the older model Mytee Eco-13. It's fast and aggressive.

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
Yeater ?

I have the older model Mytee Eco-13. It's fast and aggressive.
Yeater: long time forum member and one of the testers for supplies/equipment for magic wand company.

I like the size and weight of the oreck for VLM of smaller areas and stairs or just agitation for HWE. I get the upside of a CRB but the price is pretty steep. I'd rather put the $$ toward one of Kacy's Reliabuilts first to up our efficiency on some of our bigger HWE work.

Reactions: Luky

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I have a Oreck and it's great for small areas and closets. I don't like it for steps. I prefer the Stepson.

II use my Challenger the most for small homes and rooms. I do a lot of small homes. Bigger homes with bigger rooms I use my Orbot SprayBorg with the sprayer off.

Commercial I use Sprayborg with Sprayer on or Eco-13.

Unoccupied rentals I will usually use Eco-13 or 13 Hawk 175-300.

I CRB all residential before extracting with op

CRB is great for digging out pet hair and scrubbing the entire carpet fiber down to the backing. Nothing compares to a CRB. They are very over priced but worth the money. I have 3.

I have a lot of equipment but like having the right machine for the job.

I love VLM !!!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
It would just simply scrub it aggressively.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
A 175 can't do that, unless in the hands of Aussie Bloke

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
Thought of using a 175. I'll just have to order some stiffer bristles. I was always worried about keeping with the grain. I guess I just need to read up on "clocking" the buffer