CRB vs 175 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CRB vs 175

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I seriously don't understand why guys won't just invest in a Mytee T-Rex. It's the same cost as a CRB and will cut your job time literally in half.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
They are overpriced for sure, like many tools in this industry but its worth it.

A 10inch CRB is one of the most convenient tools you can have on a truck, super light and so easy to grab real quick. Scrubs 100x better than an oreck orbiter, plus digs out all that deep gunk. Scrubs stairs really well.

We have a couple 15s but the next one is a brush pro 10
I rarely use my 15''. I almost always go for the 10'' unless the rooms are really big. I do a lot of small homes so the 10'' is perfect.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I seriously don't understand why guys won't just invest in a Mytee T-Rex. It's the same cost as a CRB and will cut your job time literally in half.
I'm all VLM now but when I was doing HWE I had a T-Rex Jr and loved the job it did but I only used it when I absolutely needed it.

The extra cord was a pain in the ass especially on occupied homes with furniture.

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
I'm all VLM now but when I was doing HWE I had a T-Rex Jr and loved the job it did but I only used it when I absolutely needed it.

The extra cord was a pain in the ass especially on occupied homes with furniture.

Are you doing VLM residentially?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Yes but I turn down jobs and have lost jobs because of it.

I started last October and only had one callback since then. It was from wicking on a bad stain on white berber. Customer said it came back after a week. No problem went back and hit it again.

I've been in business for 27 years and don't want to do the nasty urine jobs and trashed carpet jobs anymore. I will leave them jobs for the TM guys. I like cleaning carpet that is almost clean when I start.

Stabilized CL02 has been a big help. It's a game changer for VLM. It's better than peroxide in my opinion. It sanitizes cleans brightens and deodorizes. I use the powder and the liquid.

I do less work but make more money. VLM is almost all profit. A few bucks for gas to drive to the job and then some encap.

No worries about equipment failure in the middle of a job. I have 3-4 op machines on the van and a 13 rotary.

It usually takes longer but that is OK.

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I've ran a rotary for over 10yrs and used to roll just like you, literally 360 every job.

If your getting corners, edges, closets , etc its not even close to as fast as a CRB + wand.

Especially if you are running 2 guys on a truck. One vacs, other pre treats behind him, then one CRBs, other runs hoses and you clean your way out.

Rotaries are super slow if your cleaning properly with them and grooming is 100% must on all carpets.

Just wait til u pull ur first seam lol u won't be so in love with that thing

Reactions: george8585

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Ironically the only seam I've ever pulled was with a CRB. And I do wand the edges and transition points, because the rotary cleans so darn well.

I'm early in the game, so for us it's shock value and high quality .

Reactions: ACP

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I've ran a rotary for over 10yrs and used to roll just like you, literally 360 every job.

If your getting corners, edges, closets , etc its not even close to as fast as a CRB + wand.

Especially if you are running 2 guys on a truck. One vacs, other pre treats behind him, then one CRBs, other runs hoses and you clean your way out.

Rotaries are super slow if your cleaning properly with them and grooming is 100% must on all carpets.

Just wait til u pull ur first seam lol u won't be so in love with that thing
That is another reason why I didn't use the T-Rex Jr much. It was too slow.

Last edited:

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Ironically the only seam I've ever pulled was with a CRB. And I do wand the edges and transition points, because the rotary cleans so darn well.

I'm early in the game, so for us it's shock value and high quality .
It does produce referrals thats for sure. Definitely sets you apart.

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
Yes but I turn down jobs and have lost jobs because of it.

I started last October and only had one callback since then. It was from wicking on a bad stain on white berber. Customer said it came back after a week. No problem went back and hit it again.

I've been in business for 27 years and don't want to do the nasty urine jobs and trashed carpet jobs anymore. I will leave them jobs for the TM guys. I like cleaning carpet that is almost clean when I start.

Stabilized CL02 has been a big help. It's a game changer for VLM. It's better than peroxide in my opinion. It sanitizes cleans brightens and deodorizes. I use the powder and the liquid.

I do less work but make more money. VLM is almost all profit. A few bucks for gas to drive to the job and then some encap.

No worries about equipment failure in the middle of a job. I have 3-4 op machines on the van and a 13 rotary.

It usually takes longer but that is OK.

I’d love to hear more about how you‘re incorporating cl02 in your vlm.
when you say “ powdered“ I assume you’re referring to sodium chlorite. I have some tablets we dissolve to a solution to use when we’re applying disinfectant to touch points after ULV fogging. I’ve often wondered about using it in our carpet cleaning since you mentioned it months ago.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I’d love to hear more about how you‘re incorporating cl02 in your vlm.
when you say “ powdered“ I assume you’re referring to sodium chlorite. I have some tablets we dissolve to a solution to use when we’re applying disinfectant to touch points after ULV fogging. I’ve often wondered about using it in our carpet cleaning since you mentioned it months ago.
I will answer later today. Going to make some easy money now.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
This is the powder stabilized CL02 - 30 gram packets (#167-660-030)

Can't order on line. Must call Jake Fedrigon 262-656-7680 ext 121

www.beckart.com

Last edited:

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I'm not a expert on CL02 but this is how I use it and I haven't had any problems.

Beckart only sells the powder

I use it as a booster for my encap. You don't want to add it to a encap that has peroxide.

Don't use the powder CL02 on wool or furniture and be careful using it on nylon

If there are pet stains. Spray the pet stains first and add it to your cleaner.

You can also spray it on after cleaning and groom in to sanitize and deodorize

It will deodorize sanitize brighten and boost cleaning.

It has a slight smell chlorine smell.

I usually use 1- 30 gram packet in 4 or 5 gallons of water and then my encap.

The packets sell for about $6.00 per packet

One time I used it in 3 gallons of water on a beige poly with some pet stains. That was the worst VLM job I did but the results were very amazing.

You can use at 2 gallons of water but I haven't had a job where I needed it that strong. I believe at 2 or 3 gallons it could take color out of nylon.

The liquid CL02 (Just Gone) is much safer. I use the liquid on furniture, wool area rugs, and nylon carpet.

Liquid cost $220.00 for 4 gallons plus shipping

Used at 12 oz per gallon

Liquid is sold by Pro Cleaners Network

www.procleanersnetwork.com

Top of page, right side, hit shop for CL02 products, and that will take you to the CL02 store

Stabilized-Clo2.png

Andreas 1

May 15, 2011
Nantucket, MA
I'm not a expert on CL02 but this is how I use it and I haven't had any problems.

Beckart only sells the powder

I use it as a booster for my encap. You don't want to add it to a encap that has peroxide.

Don't use the powder CL02 on wool or furniture and be careful using it on nylon

If there are pet stains. Spray the pet stains first and add it to your cleaner.

You can also spray it on after cleaning and groom in to sanitize and deodorize

It will deodorize sanitize brighten and boost cleaning.

It has a slight smell chlorine smell.

I usually use 1- 30 gram packet in 4 or 5 gallons of water and then my encap.

The packets sell for about $6.00 per packet

One time I used it in 3 gallons of water on a beige poly with some pet stains. That was the worst VLM job I did but the results were very amazing.

You can use at 2 gallons of water but I haven't had a job where I needed it that strong. I believe at 2 or 3 gallons it could take color out of nylon.

The liquid CL02 (Just Gone) is much safer. I use the liquid on furniture, wool area rugs, and nylon carpet.

Liquid cost $220.00 for 4 gallons plus shipping

Used at 12 oz per gallon

Liquid is sold by Pro Cleaners Network

www.procleanersnetwork.com

Top of page, right side, hit shop for CL02 products, and that will take you to the CL02 store

View attachment 93288
Nice. I'm going to pick up a gallon and try it out. Do you use scented or unscented?

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
I use the unscented. Never tried the scented.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
The powder is much cheaper and does a great job. You just got to be a little more careful.

Use the powder on poly. Most carpets today are poly, and the liquid on wool, furniture, and nylon.

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
I recently bought a 13” rotary (65 pounds) and I’ve since kicked my CRB off the truck.

For me, the little rotary beats the CRB in every way...even if the cost was similar.

If I need to lift the pile, I slap the brush on. If the carpet is a good candidate for VLM, I slap the brush driver on and clean with a bonnet.

A 65 pound, 13” rotary puts lots of head weight on the surface.

I think a CRB is an overpriced waste of space.
Brush Pro 20 is 46 lbs, so being 19 lbs lighter vs. rotary doesn't make it light weight. On the other hand, I'd be happy if my
" stairmaster " Oreck Orbiter was 20 lbs lighter. I dropped rotary (90lbs) while ago, but I wouldn't oppose of having one @65 lbs again.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Did a easy job today using the Beckart powder. People moving into a new house so they wanted the carpet cleaned sanitized and deodorized. Just 2 rooms, a big Family Room, and Office. Most of the house was wood. They put new carpet in the bedrooms.

I did 6 dining room chairs also with a spotting machine. I couldn't just Low Moisture them. They were in bad shape. A lot of stains. Looked like new when I was done.

For the carpet I Mixed 1- Beckart 30 gram packet into 4 gallons of water then added 6 oz of Bonnet Pro Surround Citrus. Vacuum, Prespray, CRB, Extract with Challenger OP and Cotton Bonnets. Get Paid. Easy money and it looked great and smelled great when I was done.

I love VLM !!

Reactions: Jim Davisson