CRB vs 175 | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CRB vs 175

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Actually a tufted shag frieze poly rug loaded with dog oils.
Check this shitter from yesterday. Shag frieze poly dog butt napkin, thing was so gross. Did it on site and no idea why she paid $200 to have a $100 rug cleaned but she insisted.

Zipper is a flushing machine, actually loving this tool right now. GE boosted with 1/2scoup groutmaster

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
@jtsunbrite what pads and what brushes for each situation do you prefer?

Nylon-Mild soil
Nylon-Heavy soil/oil
Poly-Mild soil
Poly-Heavy soil/oil
1 Nylon-Mild soil I prespray then a bonnet or blue pad if theres lots of dog hairs, brush is good too
2 Nylon-Heavy soil/oil after prespray blue pad or brush , but if theres a heavy traffic pattern then ill use a green pad to scrub first then followed by a bonnet to help stand everything up normal
3 Poly-Mild soil with poly what ever i use to prespray i boosted with unchained , Green pad all the way
4 Poly-Heavy soil/oil My specialty, heavier prespray, boosted with gm and unchained, scrubbed with a green , sometimes double scrubbed to make perfect. I have actually stood up the traffic patterns with a double green scrub, followed by a scrub with a blue grit brush...

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Check this shitter from yesterday. Shag frieze poly dog butt napkin, thing was so gross. Did it on site and no idea why she paid $200 to have a $100 rug cleaned but she insisted.

Zipper is a flushing machine, actually loving this tool right now. GE boosted with 1/2scoup groutmaster
Wait....you charged $200 to clean that rug?!?!?!?!? Dude....I would charge like 20-30 bucks. Looks like about a 5x8 rug. So you are charging $5 per sq ft? Man... that is just blowing my mind right now. I had a lady refuse a $50 cleaning for a swivel living room armchair. Said she wanted to pay 35. So i agreed to just clean the back, arms, and cushion for 35.

Reactions: Timothyscarpet

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Wait....you charged $200 to clean that rug?!?!?!?!? Dude....I would charge like 20-30 bucks. Looks like about a 5x8 rug. So you are charging $5 per sq ft? Man... that is just blowing my mind right now. I had a lady refuse a $50 cleaning for a swivel living room armchair. Said she wanted to pay 35. So i agreed to just clean the back, arms, and cushion for 35.
It was an 11x13, minimum charge job.

We do synthetics on site for $1 per sq ft, wool is a bit more.

Rug shops around here charge $3-8 per sqft for full bath pick up/drop off.

Chris K

Jan 8, 2017
Springfield, Ohio
Real Name
Chris Kelley
I recently bought a 13” rotary (65 pounds) and I’ve since kicked my CRB off the truck.

For me, the little rotary beats the CRB in every way...even if the cost was similar.

If I need to lift the pile, I slap the brush on. If the carpet is a good candidate for VLM, I slap the brush driver on and clean with a bonnet.

A 65 pound, 13” rotary puts lots of head weight on the surface.

I think a CRB is an overpriced waste of space.

Reactions: Fedri

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
I recently bought a 13” rotary (65 pounds) and I’ve since kicked my CRB off the truck.

For me, the little rotary beats the CRB in every way...even if the cost was similar.

If I need to lift the pile, I slap the brush on. If the carpet is a good candidate for VLM, I slap the brush driver on and clean with a bonnet.

A 65 pound, 13” rotary puts lots of head weight on the surface.

I think a CRB is an overpriced waste of space.
I agree mostly. CRB is just super light and ez to pull off the truck to scrub a couple bad areas real quick.

The one benefit beyond the light weight is it collects all the gunk in the catch tray.

175 scrubs better but I've never dug as much gunk out of a thick shag or heavy weight nylon with one.

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
It was an 11x13, minimum charge job.

We do synthetics on site for $1 per sq ft, wool is a bit more.

Rug shops around here charge $3-8 per sqft for full bath pick up/drop off.
Dang, so $200 minimum? That is epic. I am at $75.

Reactions: Fedri

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
1597098136309.png

Dude has been holding out on us!

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
My minimum charge is $150 and if that is the only work it would be 150, however add on rugs from $20-$300 depending on the size.

Reactions: ACP

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I agree mostly. CRB is just super light and ez to pull off the truck to scrub a couple bad areas real quick.

The one benefit beyond the light weight is it collects all the gunk in the catch tray.

175 scrubs better but I've never dug as much gunk out of a thick shag or heavy weight nylon with one.
ACP. the blue and green pads collect all the gunk from the carpet plus all of the hairs

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
ACP. the blue and green pads collect all the gunk from the carpet plus all of the hairs
How do you clean the pads though? We vac very very slow on some jobs where they have long haired pets, and still pull wads and wads of gunk with CRB

Hard to imagine where all that would go with pads, well fill a catch tray from each room

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
Yes after tax the minimum is just a hair under 200.

Cost of living here is very very high though. Like I've posted in other threads, 400-500k buys you a tool shed.
Yeah, I just moved back to the midwest from Maui, HI. So I know all about high cost of living lol. But my prices didn't even really reflect it there, because I had so much competition. I only had a $100 minimum on Maui, and I would often waive it for spot cleanings.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Yeah, I just moved back to the midwest from Maui, HI. So I know all about high cost of living lol. But my prices didn't even really reflect it there, because I had so much competition. I only had a $100 minimum on Maui, and I would often waive it for spot cleanings.
If your in a rural area it can be tough but if your not u have to value yourself higher before the customers will.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Just my opinion but in most cases a 175 is overkill.

CRB is the most overpriced machine I know of but I have 3. They work great 95% of the time but when it gets to a trashed rental you can't beat a 175.

I have a 13'' 175 - 300 Hawk and use risers so I can use 12'' 14'' 16'' drivers.

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Just my opinion but in most cases a 175 is overkill.

CRB is the most overpriced machine I know of but I have 3. They work great 95% of the time but when it gets to a trashed rental you can't beat a 175.

I have a 13'' 175 - 300 Hawk and use risers so I can use 12'' 14'' 16'' drivers.
They are overpriced for sure, like many tools in this industry but its worth it.

A 10inch CRB is one of the most convenient tools you can have on a truck, super light and so easy to grab real quick. Scrubs 100x better than an oreck orbiter, plus digs out all that deep gunk. Scrubs stairs really well.

We have a couple 15s but the next one is a brush pro 10