Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Yesterday we did a test between a CRB with blue brushes vs a 175 with green stripe pad. This morning they look similar. The rug is a gray 8x10 shag with ton dog oil and appears to be some wear. It is really humid here in Va and its dry to touch but moisture meter is picking g up moisture so we added some extra fans just now. Plan on doing a white towel swipe test this am to see if its wear or oil as it looks ton better but appeared to be worn. We used Black Label and I did shoot a live video while Ed was cleaning it. I'll take additional b4 and after pics and add it to the video as we progress then put it on Youtube then here. Watch for the video. However ATM I don't see much of a difference between a CRB and 175. I plan on doing same test over multiple tests, soil conditions and fiber types. I'm fortunate to have a rug spa where we can do lots tests. Any further suggestions?

Tcoulter

Apr 18, 2017
Real Name
Trace Coulter
I have used both, although not a ton. Even though I like the 175, they are usually heavier, and they are usually much harder to control on carpet than a CRB. I never felt like I had to put in a lot more effort to CRB a place, where-as using my 175 with a pad on some nasty carpet gives me a workout. I don't think you will notice a huge difference unless you just find like the nastiest carpet possible.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I have used both, although not a ton. Even though I like the 175, they are usually heavier, and they are usually much harder to control on carpet than a CRB. I never felt like I had to put in a lot more effort to CRB a place, where-as using my 175 with a pad on some nasty carpet gives me a workout. I don't think you will notice a huge difference unless you just find like the nastiest carpet possible.
Good points. Like see what @jtsunbrite & @Jim Davisson say also.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Serving the greater Charlotte area
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
I am not a crb fan. I know that the combination of the turbocat, rotary in some form and high lift extraction removes soil and hair in aggregate on broadloom. Synthetic bonnets on wool or a limp brush on the lighter oreck digs well for a pit wash.

Just scored this beauty for 3 bills, taski ergodisc 175 with the foam generator. I stole this thing, thanks Marcus for the lead.

20200719_093020.jpg

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
175 scrubs better for sure imo.. but a CRB scrubs more often, meaning it's way easier to carry around up and down stairs etc.

Personally I would never have a tech lugging a 175 up and into nice homes or upstairs etc.

CRB I can carry in one hand and wand in other hand easily. Way more convenient.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Great Replies, I have used both of them, i rarely use a green stripe pad,,,,, I use a 13 inch 175 either the 1/2 horse or the 3/4 horse, i have bought all the pads brushes and grit brushes i can find...
On Rugs i have used a CRB and on rugs , is about the only thing i would use a crb for... They dont offer the deep scrub that a 175 does... Now talk about dog hair on a rug?? Oh yes and we have done them, many times but a red, blue pad will rip dog hairs out of those oriental rugs and a CRB wont get half of them out.

I believe the CRB has its place on rugs that are not that bad but on dirty dirty ones the 175 is the hands down winner... and if i have to ill bring out the ole heavy 17 or 20 beasts to complete the task.
Rob can we see that rug you did , and I have some bad rugs that were from the hurricane to clean, full of mud and crap and i am going to make them look good as new again... I just need to find time and im going to record it too.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
175 scrubs better for sure imo.. but a CRB scrubs more often, meaning it's way easier to carry around up and down stairs etc.

Personally I would never have a tech lugging a 175 up and into nice homes or upstairs etc.

CRB I can carry in one hand and wand in other hand easily. Way more convenient.
Sup ACP , My 13 inch 1/2 horse i can carpet up with one hand too, and with a pad or bonnet i can zip thru anything or even a brush... I guess i need to take the crb with me more than i normally do.

Reactions: ACP

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I am not a crb fan. I know that the combination of the turbocat, rotary in some form and high lift extraction removes soil and hair in aggregate on broadloom. Synthetic bonnets on wool or a limp brush on the lighter oreck digs well for a pit wash.

Just scored this beauty for 3 bills, taski ergodisc 175 with the foam generator. I stole this thing, thanks Marcus for the lead.

View attachment 93095
now thats a beast, I want one lol

Reactions: Jim Davisson

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I have seen jtsunbrite talk smack about CRB many times. He is actually the reason i recently tried a 175 on carpet. I cant say hes wrong! But i feel that 99% of the time its just wasting time (compared to crb)
You gotta get a 13 incher, i can run 12-17 inch pad drivers or brushes and such with it... they are strong and do the job....LOL yeah ive talked a little smack about the crb,, hell i can buy 3 machines for what the crb sells for. The 175 has a pad,bonnet, grit brush or brush for what ever your doing.. one machine does many things.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
@jtsunbrite what pads and what brushes for each situation do you prefer?

Nylon-Mild soil
Nylon-Heavy soil/oil
Poly-Mild soil
Poly-Heavy soil/oil

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald

View attachment 93095

You will love that machine! I have a number of them and compared to most it wins hands down. Lucky bugger getting it for a good price there very expensive

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
What's anyones thoughts on a Black Oreck Orbitor vs CRB or 175?

ACP

Apr 9, 2014
Washington
Real Name
Bjorn Marshall
Sup ACP , My 13 inch 1/2 horse i can carpet up with one hand too, and with a pad or bonnet i can zip thru anything or even a brush... I guess i need to take the crb with me more than i normally do.
Forgot about the 13s. Ya they aren't bad. I have 2 viper 17s and they are about 100lbs I think lol

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
You will love that machine! I have a number of them and compared to most it wins hands down. Lucky bugger getting it for a good price there very expensive

I like the offset belt drive motor and the center feed foam. It's going to be perfect for our hallway jobs.

Jim Davisson

Aug 23, 2016
Real Name
James Davisson
Business Location
United States
What's anyones thoughts on a Black Oreck Orbitor vs CRB or 175?

On broadloom with the oreck blue or orange brush, red or green pad. On wool black or green brush depending on the rug.

I do all necessary pre scrubbing and all stairs with the oreck before hwe. Fast, light and easy. A 175 might save a few minutes in the average home owner residential job, not enough to lug it in. If the same job is 100% vacant, 175 all day.

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
If the cut pile is low and tight you use a pad. You gave that rotary almost no digging power.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
If the cut pile is low and tight you use a pad. You gave that rotary almost no digging power.
Actually a tufted shag frieze poly rug loaded with dog oils.