Crb rotovac grandi groomer | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Crb rotovac grandi groomer

Discussion in 'General Carpet Cleaning & Upholstery Discussion' started by accentsincleaning, Dec 6, 2017.

CONNECTING CLEANERS WORLDWIDE

1. accentsincleaning

accentsincleaning Active Member

Apr 6, 2013
    Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -0
    For a basic cleaning i use a stand up brush like a grandi groomer. For a deep cleaning I'll use a crb and tack on 50 dollars. For rotovac cleaning should I tack on more $? I just use the rotovac unless the crb won't do the job

2. Kingdomcome84

Kingdomcome84 Active Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +311 / 1 / -0
    I never understood why some cleaners have disparity for their cleaning process. I have ran into some local cleaners than charge customers extra to use their rotovac.

if the residential carpet is heavily soiled and customer doesn't wanna pay any extra, would hold back your rotovac and do you your supposed standard cleaning w/ grandi groom on some heavy soiled carpet?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. ACP

ACP Well-Known Member

Apr 9, 2014
    Male
    Washington
    Ratings:
    +1,488 / 7 / -0
    In the end if it's bad and they really won't pay any extra it's usually a smaller job and it's probably going to take you an extra 15min.... I just do my best to trade the extra work for a great review.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,531 / 11 / -1
    Charge what you need to in order to do the job right. Don't worry about tacking on charges for different tools. You charge for the service and the result, not the tools you use.

Supposed you wanted to hire a carpenter to build something. Now he says,"I could build this using my hand saw or for $50 more I can build it with my power saw."

You are thinking, just build what I hired you to build. I don't care what saw you use. Get the job done. Probably the carpenter saves himself some time using the power tools. But that might not matter to you. You just want what he agreed to do for you.

Same for your customer. They want the cleaning done right. Give the price you need to do that properly. Don't think in terms of what tools are being used.

• Like Like x 10
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
    Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  5. accentsincleaning

Apr 6, 2013
    Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -0
    Well it takes more time to use a rotovac as well as a crb? And time is money?

• Like Like x 1
  6. Scott W

Scott W Preferred Vendor
    Premium VIP

Feb 14, 2006
    Technical support Bridgepoint
    West Jordan, UT
    Ratings:
    +10,531 / 11 / -1
    ON the jobs I do, I find that the CRB gets the results a lot faster than if I was cleaning manually to get the same results.

Stop hovering to collapse... Click to collapse... Hover to expand... Click to expand...
  7. Kingdomcome84

Kingdomcome84 Active Member

Jul 28, 2013
    Male
    Ratings:
    +311 / 1 / -0
    so how much where you planning to charge customers for the use of your CRB or Rotovac?

8. accentsincleaning

Apr 6, 2013
    Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -0
  9. accentsincleaning

Apr 6, 2013
    Ratings:
    +234 / 4 / -0
    It takes more time more chemical so ya

10. sbsscn

sbsscn Well-Known Member

Sep 17, 2009
    california
    Ratings:
    +315 / 2 / -0
    But you dont need to add a separate cost. Just offer a price that way the customer doesnt feel they need to "Upgrade"

11. awratchford

awratchford Well-Known Member

Jun 9, 2014
    Ratings:
    +2,758 / 21 / -0
    So I give them the correct price up front. If they balk at it, then I say let's work within your budget. We can take away the following items....ie powerscrub (otherwise known as rotary or crb) we can remove scotchguard or deodorizer. If their budget only allows the basic wand cleaning then that's them. Spray extra pre spray, let it sit a minute or two longer but give them what their budget allows

• Like Like x 1
  12. Luky

Luky Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +431 / 2 / -0
    Right on the money, Mr. Scott. Customer: Ohh, yes, you got yourself a new toys .
    Me: To serve you better, sir/Mrs. With that said, customer surely appreciates their carpets drying under 2 hours ( and not everyone has 59 blower at their disposal) , sure they don't mind to compliment air movers presence. So reputation is being build, referrals are coming by tenfold and at the end, two subjects are being happy. What a win.
    When you get to restorative type cleaning, customer will notice it and rarely asks for a deal. In case that you want to splash&dash type of work, there goes your potential referral out of window.

13. Luky

Luky Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +431 / 2 / -0
    The only question remains, how many times a week it transpires to a reality. I love your thinking though .These are my kind of prices . When do you determine that job you coming to is going to be on higher end? You do the estimates, or just explain it to the customer during the walk through , or based on booking process?

14. Luky

Luky Well-Known Member

Nov 29, 2013
    Male
    Chicagoland
    Ratings:
    +431 / 2 / -0
    IMO, the way it should work, the more info you get from initial contact, the better picture price wise you can paint for a potential customer. Here is the example: Oversize LR with a over-sized dog(Anatolian sheppard- stinky one) and bunch of furniture (5 large and 5 smaller pieces) to be moved around. Carpet needs a fiber lift, few pet stains removal, odor treatment and has a few hard spots and food related stains. You fill the blanks. How would you go about it and how much you deserve for a particular job, not what you going to charge in reality. Is $250 too much, not enough. Please, tell..

15. EVDOG

EVDOG Active Member

Jul 25, 2015
    Male
    Ratings:
    +260 / 0 / -0
    So then you quote them a higher price. Whether it be on the phone or in person. However you give your estimates. I always give estimates over the phone. Based upon the Intel I get from the customer would dictate the price. I might quote $125 for 3 rooms if it sounds like an easy job, but quote $175 for 3 rooms if it sounds like a rat nasty. Factor your "tools" and "time" into your quote.

• Like Like x 1
  16. mike$

mike$ Active Member

May 29, 2014
    California
    Ratings:
    +322 / 7 / -0
    I use trex on every job. It makes the job easier.

The only extra charge I have is heavy or no heavy and pet urine of course. If they complain about the cost I explain that I dont set the price.

Irregardless they get the rotary.

17. mrotto

mrotto Well-Known Member

Sep 1, 2009
    Wisconsin
    Ratings:
    +920 / 1 / -0
    I agree 100% with Scott. My thinking is that if their budget doesn't allow for my kind of cleaning then they are not the kind of customer I'm looking for.

Let them call the 2 rooms for $50 guys