CRB on trashed wood floors

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
I have a wood cleaning job this week. It's really dirty and really old. I think it's the original floors from the 1920's. Slummy building owner. From what I can tell when the wood gets too dirty for new tenants they cover it with vinyl or carpet.

My thoughts were mist (very lightly) a neutral floor cleaner like the one from hydro force or basic coatings, scrub with CRB, mop up as quick as I can. I may do a finish afterwards. They are really dirty especially in the seams. The property manager said they get mopped between tenants. I will add some pics tomorrow. I am worried about moisture. I was thinking about using a dry compound with the CRB.

There are a ton of old dirty hardwood floors in my market and I want to capitalize on it.

Looking to get an effective and safe system for deep hardwood cleaning. No sanding. Just cleaning. Budget friendly for the consumer fast and easy for me but deliver good results.

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
I have a wood cleaning job this week. It's really dirty and really old. I think it's the original floors from the 1920's. Slummy building owner. From what I can tell when the wood gets too dirty for new tenants they cover it with vinyl or carpet.

My thoughts were mist (very lightly) a neutral floor cleaner like the one from hydro force or basic coatings, scrub with CRB, mop up as quick as I can. I may do a finish afterwards. They are really dirty especially in the seams. The property manager said they get mopped between tenants. I will add some pics tomorrow. I am worried about moisture. I was thinking about using a dry compound with the CRB.

There are a ton of old dirty hardwood floors in my market and I want to capitalize on it.

Looking to get an effective and safe system for deep hardwood cleaning. No sanding. Just cleaning. Budget friendly for the consumer fast and easy for me but deliver good results.
I use my multiwash for hardwood and it does great but it's a CRB that picks up water as it goes. I mop on hydrofoce wood fresh. Run multiwash then hot clearwater mop. Have done the finish after but having to stay off for 24 hours is killer on occupied. I price starting @ .75 sqft to clean and 1.50 sqft clean and finish(no furniture moving)

pgcleaner

Nov 4, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Olive
Some pictures of the floor.
20210331_131557.jpg

Attachments

• 20210331_131756.jpg
    20210331_131756.jpg
    95.4 KB · Views: 59
  • 20210331_131529.jpg
    20210331_131529.jpg