CRB info and advice needed | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

CRB info and advice needed

Mar 3, 2017
Arkansas
www.supremecleanfloors.com
Real Name
Justin
Okay so I have decided I want to add a crb to my arsenal. I have been just using a carpet rack or grandie groom to agitate my prespray. Here is my wants from a machine: I want a relatively smaller unit due to lack of space in my van. I would also like to have the ability to agitate my cleaner on my tile and grout jobs. I really can't afford an awesome unit for right now but what would be a unit you would recommend. Thanks as always. Actually th cheaper the better but I do not want absolute junk either. I hope to be able to add a really nice crb next year but I need something now since I am starting to get real busy.

Also does a crb really make you get a much better result when cleaning carpets

Ablecarpet1980

Mar 18, 2017
Real Name
Patrick Voncannon
I can tell you from experience that using a CRB makes all the difference in the world. I use a Brushpro 17. There is no comparison in the amount of agitation you get vs just using a groomer. A lot of times the customer believes that I have already cleaned the carpet and all I have done is pre-sprayed and used the CRB. Outside of doing a great job of dispersing the chemical and agitating, it also does a great job getting at insoluble soil that your vacuum won't get. It really gets in there and digs it out. As far as space is concerned I believe you can get them as small as 10 inches.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
While a crb shits on a groomer...a 175 shits on a crb for pure agitation.
Crb's are extremely useful for pulling up hair and particulate matter but not nearly as good at agitation provided by a 175.
And as far as agitating tile and grout, a crb is a joke compared to a 175 with a grit brush on it...
If yer considering spending the money required for a crb, I'd just get a Cimex.
At least the Cimex will make you money on CGD..
For the few hundred dollars for a 175, it just can't be beat.
VCT, stone polishing, carpet scrubbing, grout scrubbing, prepping cement, diamond brushing rip outs...
175 is by far and away, the most useful tool in the industry.
Crb is a great tool but has a very narrow scope of use

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States
I'll just give you my input - don't buy a CRB until you're spending at least the cost of one each month on advertising. It has a place but it is not as essential as some would have you believe. Your results will be far more dependent on using the correct chemistry for the job you're dealing with. If you're using a powerful TM you really don't need agitation on the vast, vast majority of jobs with the right chemistry.

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
Crb's are extremely useful for pulling up hair and particulate matter but not nearly as good at agitation provided by a 175.
And as far as agitating tile and grout, a crb is a joke compared to a 175 with a grit brush on it...
VCT, stone polishing, carpet scrubbing, grout scrubbing, prepping cement, diamond brushing rip outs...

Every single word is Spot On, Mike. (y)
And 100 years from now the the 175 will still be performing just as well as it does now and has been for the last 100 years.

Ablecarpet1980

Mar 18, 2017
Real Name
Patrick Voncannon
I have carried both on the truck for years, I do like the versatility of a 175 and it is a very powerful method of agitation and on commercial glue down there is nothing that can beat it. In my opinion for day in and day out residential cleaning I perfer a crb for a few reasons. One is that the crb is small, is light and easy to carry around a house and up stairs. Also its great at fitting into tight places. The other issue with a 175 is that if you are cleaning on carpet that is still under warranty, many carpet mills are not big fans of rotary machines. Having said all that they are both great machines and both have their pros and cons.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Beausejour Manitoba Canada
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Great post.... may I just add get a 175 with bucket feed! I know you have a feed on yours. Love the option of this.... Cimex agree plus has the feed if you want or not.

Reactions: OldCarpetVet

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Great post.... may I just add get a 175 with bucket feed! I know you have a feed on yours. Love the option of this.... Cimex agree plus has the feed if you want or not.

I will add if you are going to use the tank to shower feed with a 175 add a shut off valve (which the cimex comes with). This allows you to adjust the flow so you can mostly just hold down the trigger and not worry about over wetting (instead of having to pull and let go to control the moisture)

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
For pure agitation on carpet, Cimex actually trumps a 175.
Only owned my Cimex for a few months.
Wouldn't have believed anything could be better for agitating carpet than a 175 if I hadn't seen it first hand

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
For pure agitation on carpet, Cimex actually trumps a 175.
Only owned my Cimex for a few months.
Wouldn't have believed anything could be better for agitating carpet than a 175 if I hadn't seen it first hand
Missed out on a Cimex on Fibreclean (Canadian supply house) classified website. Our fukin dollar is sucking hind tit bigtime against your Greenback. Was barely used this one for sale and $1800 Cnd. New up here is around 4k Cnd ..... tad over 3k US.
Will probably bite the bullet and get a Cimex this year even if new.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
Missed out on a Cimex on Fibreclean (Canadian supply house) classified website. Our fukin dollar is sucking hind tit bigtime against your Greenback. Was barely used this one for sale and $1800 Cnd. New up here is around 4k Cnd ..... tad over 3k US.
Will probably bite the bullet and get a Cimex this year even if new.
Very happy with my purchase.
There's an account I've had for 20 years.
It's a health club with tons of sweaty CGD..

Never been the easiest of jobs and the furthest point is a 5 hose setup.

Cimex has not only simplified my life on this job but it actually looks better using the Cimex than doing HWE..

Did my quarterly cleaning on a government building I've done for years last weekend.

Toted my Cimex and an Oreck in the back of my SUV..
Job is $1500 and only took 3 hours.

emeraldclean

Premium VIP
Feb 20, 2012
Real Name
Grant Schmidt
Business Location
Canada
Very happy with my purchase.
There's an account I've had for 20 years.
It's a health club with tons of sweaty CGD..

Never been the easiest of jobs and the furthest point is a 5 hose setup.

Cimex has not only simplified my life on this job but it actually looks better using the Cimex than doing HWE..

Did my quarterly cleaning on a government building I've done for years last weekend.

Toted my Cimex and an Oreck in the back of my SUV..
Job is $1500 and only took 3 hours.
Yes I recall you posting about this particular job. I have one job that I do annually that would be worth the purchase just there as well.
Government buildng worth 5k that takes me two 8 hr days of working with TM

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I have a powrflite. Crb 1500$
Pros of crb:
Crb is faster and easier to clean on large commercial...
Cleans grout lines better than 175...
Weighs 50 lbs vs 100 lbsfor 175
Also crb is more compact in van and can fit in a corner
Cons:
Costs more
Water feed is slower on most crb
Doesnt role as easy across hoses.......

Last edited:

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I have to say this as it's been on my mind for a while. Seems whenever someone asks about a 175 -vs- whatever machine, they always complain about the weight of the 175. I must be Superman because I don't consider a machine weighing only 100 pounds, heavy. I mean....we're not lugging the thing though an obstacle course (although there have been houses that i entered that looked like one). I either pick it up and simply bring it inside, upstairs, where ever. OR, I wheel it up. Either way, no biggie.

mojakk

Jan 25, 2013
California, MD
I had a crb before I had a portable. I've always used an crb to agitate the carpet before HWE. I just seems the best way to get the carpets cleaned.

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I have to say this as it's been on my mind for a while. Seems whenever someone asks about a 175 -vs- whatever machine, they always complain about the weight of the 175. I must be Superman because I don't consider a machine weighing only 100 pounds, heavy. I mean....we're not lugging the thing though an obstacle course (although there have been houses that i entered that looked like one). I either pick it up and simply bring it inside, upstairs, where ever. OR, I wheel it up. Either way, no biggie.
Completely agree.
Dudes will go to the gym and squat over 400 lbs for reps and then they'll complain about lifting a 100 lb machine twice per job.
Makes no sense

Prosteam-sonomacounty

Premium VIP
Apr 23, 2013
Windsor, California
Real Name
Mike Camacho
I have a powrflite. Crb 1500$
Pros of crb:
Crb is faster and easier to clean on large commercial...
Cleans grout lines better than 175...
Weighs 50 lbs vs 100 lbsfor 175
Also crb is more compact in van and can fit in a corner
Cons:
Costs more
Water feed is slower on most crb
Doesnt role as easy across hoses.......
What brush are you using for the 175 on tile?!!!
This post was the antithesis of experience or logic

mojakk

Jan 25, 2013
California, MD
Before the crb and the portable I was using a 175 and a shop vac. Let me tell you dragging that 175 up the stairs gets pretty old after a while. I still have and use my 175, but I'll start with the crb first.

smartcarpetcare

Mar 17, 2011
on canada
Real Name
mike rawn
Business Location
Canada
One bonus of a crb, anyone can run it without any learning curve.
I gave you a disagree rating, but revoked it as I have one and it cheesed me off. I found my rotowash r4 was difficult for me! Caught it on rug corners, stripped gears on it. Duh.