CRB for rugs

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
Would a CRB extract as much dry soil as a vacuum cleaner beater bar could knock out of a rug? Can a CRB thoroughly extract dry soil from a rug? Thanks.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
A CRB extracts different soils than a vacuum cleaner or a rug dusting machine. It is great for pet hair and particles deep in the pile. Not so great for the really fine particles.

I would use it as an addition to another dusting system but not as the only method. If just getting started, you can get a Sanitaire vacuum with a beater rather than a brush. Place the rug upside down over a grid and use the beater to shake and vibrate soil out of the rug. A big step up would be a Rug Duster machine with vinyl or rubber straps that vibrate the rug thousands of times per minute.

If using a CRB for agitation, be sure to use appropriate brushes for the fiber. If a wool rug, use brushes meant for wool.

Also use a CRB that is safe to use in a rug pit. The Brush Pro brand has the electrical area sealed and is rated to use in a couple of inches of water. Others may be rated only for use on wet surface or not rated for use with moisture at all. Don't want to end up in one of Rob's videos with electric shock.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
A CRB extracts different soils than a vacuum cleaner or a rug dusting machine. It is great for pet hair and particles deep in the pile. Not so great for the really fine particles.

I would use it as an addition to another dusting system but not as the only method. If just getting started, you can get a Sanitaire vacuum with a beater rather than a brush. Place the rug upside down over a grid and use the beater to shake and vibrate soil out of the rug. A big step up would be a Rug Duster machine with vinyl or rubber straps that vibrate the rug thousands of times per minute.

If using a CRB for agitation, be sure to use appropriate brushes for the fiber. If a wool rug, use brushes meant for wool.

Also use a CRB that is safe to use in a rug pit. The Brush Pro brand has the electrical area sealed and is rated to use in a couple of inches of water. Others may be rated only for use on wet surface or not rated for use with moisture at all. Don't want to end up in one of Rob's videos with electric shock.
I've got that image in my head now...

"G-g-g-g-g-ggg-ggg-gr-OUCHmaster!"

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Would a CRB extract as much dry soil as a vacuum cleaner beater bar could knock out of a rug? Can a CRB thoroughly extract dry soil from a rug? Thanks.
Them old Arab women can throw a rug over a clothes line and beat more dust and dry soil out of a rug with a broom, than a crb can....

Brian Be a man and vacuum the rug then prespray and use a 175 with a bonnet and then extract it,, Be professional !

Those CRB machines are for the little people who cant pick up a normal machine.

NickNZ

Jul 14, 2016
Real Name
Nick Kelly
Them old Arab women can throw a rug over a clothes line and beat more dust and dry soil out of a rug with a broom, than a crb can....

Brian Be a man and vacuum the rug then prespray and use a 175 with a bonnet and then extract it,, Be professional !

Haha, funny you say that! I actually threw my back out a few years back picking up a 20" CRB in my workshop..hit the floor immediately and had to use a broom handle to lift myself off the floor then hobble backward with the help of the broom into the office managers car to get to the chiropractor I'm 36, still playing rugby 6'2 and 230lbs ...just unlucky I guess!

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
Nah, you herniate a disc and it pinches that spinal nerve it cuts off the message from the brain to relax your muscles.

This is why meditation etc is highly relaxing, you're allowing your brain more energy to focus on the body. I herniated my L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 severely when an idiot in forklift rammed my backside.

Due to workmans comp doctors ignorance, it wasn't diagnosed for 6 months. Me being 19 and wanting to "be a man" I still worked through my two heavy labor jobs until I couldn't take it anymore. I had to roll out of bed in the morning onto my knees and slowly stand up or I'd spasm. I couldn't turn my head or I'd spasm. If I sneezed, I spasmed.

Finally, it was diagnosed by a chiropractor 6 months later. Doctors wanted to do surgery of course, I said no. Physical therapy helped minimally. I found a great Yoga instructor who was the only honest person that said he couldn't promise any good results. 6 months later I was 99% pain free. Much of it in my opinion was learning to quiet my mind and let my body do what it needed to fix the problem.

Reactions: NickNZ and Select

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States

I already do that and when its a rug I can handle by myself, I hang it over something and beat the dust out of it for fun.

Reactions: NickNZ

NickNZ

Jul 14, 2016
Real Name
Nick Kelly
Nah, you herniate a disc and it pinches that spinal nerve it cuts off the message from the brain to relax your muscles.

This is why meditation etc is highly relaxing, you're allowing your brain more energy to focus on the body. I herniated my L3-L4,L4-L5,L5-S1 severely when an idiot in forklift rammed my backside.

Due to workmans comp doctors ignorance, it wasn't diagnosed for 6 months. Me being 19 and wanting to "be a man" I still worked through my two heavy labor jobs until I couldn't take it anymore. I had to roll out of bed in the morning onto my knees and slowly stand up or I'd spasm. I couldn't turn my head or I'd spasm. If I sneezed, I spasmed.

Finally, it was diagnosed by a chiropractor 6 months later. Doctors wanted to do surgery of course, I said no. Physical therapy helped minimally. I found a great Yoga instructor who was the only honest person that said he couldn't promise any good results. 6 months later I was 99% pain free. Much of it in my opinion was learning to quiet my mind and let my body do what it needed to fix the problem.
That doesn’t sound like too much fun! it’s hit me 3 or 4 times properly in the past few years but it’s always generally lingering..It is a spasm right at the base of my spine,I always just relied on strength over technique when lifting and never gave it a second thought although I wish I’d listened to the older people giving me advice about lifting back then lol. There’s been some helpful videos on YouTube dealing with it. Ironically after yesterday’s game it’s feeling quite good !

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States

Friend of mine has L3,4,5 and C 3,4,5 strengthened by titanium plates. Whiskey, beer, cigarettes and younger women help to ease his pain. He's 58 and waiting for disability benefits. He won't stop walking around, despite being hunched over.

Reactions: AussieCarpetBloke

Luky

Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Back to the CRB use on the rug. A few days ago I've used Brush Pro 20 on low pile rug. Didn't see any changes or benefits. I used it only , because I was Crb-ing 5 carpeted areas. It was very clean house with plenty of vacuum action, so I didn't get much gunk in renovator trays .

Attachments