Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
much like the title of the post suggests, I'm stuck on what to get next. I know what all the machines are and what they do, just looking for advice from someone who has them all and if they had to do all over, how they'd prioritize buying them. Thanks!

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
much like the title of the post suggests, I'm stuck on what to get next. I know what all the machines are and what they do, just looking for advice from someone who has them all and if they had to do all over, how they'd prioritize buying them. Thanks!
CRB. I'm selling my rotary because with a proper vacuum, pretreat and scrub (with crb or any other mechanical means of agitation) I don't need the rotary. But I also don't deal with many disgusting carpets like I see posted

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
CRB. I'm selling my rotary because with a proper vacuum, pretreat and scrub (with crb or any other mechanical means of agitation) I don't need the rotary. But I also don't deal with many disgusting carpets like I see posted
That's what I'm thinking. The crb's seem like such a great piece of equipment with so many uses. I think I'll do a CRB, then a bonzer/zipper and then a rotary if I really wanted one.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
That's what I'm thinking. The crb's seem like such a great piece of equipment with so many uses. I think I'll do a CRB, then a bonzer/zipper and then a rotary if I really wanted one.
If you are doing lots of commercial carpet invest in the zipper. The bonzer looks like a toy next to the zipper. But I am really not sure why people try to use them in residential settings, it seems like it would be hard to navigate and get edging done properly (but I fully admit to not cleaning with them myself, I only saw them at the trade shows)

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I have a Mytee Trex, Zipper and cleaning America CRB. If I was to make these purchases again but this time in the right order, I would get the CRB first, tough to pick between the Trex and the Zipper. Absolutely need the Trex in some jobs but the Zipper saves some of that shoulder and arm pain I've been having plus commercial work goes way way faster with much less fatigue.

Edsoto28

Jan 26, 2011
Tx
Real Name
Eddie
Business Location
United States
If you get the Rotovac with carpet brush you wont need a crb. You can also do tile with rotovac

Reactions: SSmall66

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Rotary I think because it does more. It's acts as a wand and a buffer and a crb.

Reactions: Edsoto28

StevenB.

Sep 29, 2012
Wheatland,Ca.
www.stevescarpetcare.com
Real Name
Steve Baker
Business Location
United States
A CRB shouldn't be your only option but it blows the doors off a rotary or rotary extraction machine when it comes to removing hair and embedded debris. Granted a 175 or rotary does a damn good job at cleaning but leaves a lot to be desired when it comes to hair removal. I think the thing that makes the CRB my first choice is the agitation can come before the prespray or after. Way more agitation than you get from a commercial vac. I like removing as much debris as possible while everything is still in a dry state. That's a time saver for me, because I use an apo...add in the light weight and versatility I'm sold.
Other factors that make me like the crb is space. The 10 inch fits anywhere I need it to be. Not the case with a rotary. I'm a porty user so agitation is required on most jobs. The crb is lighter and as effective if not more than my rotary. Loading, unloading, stairs...I'm sticking with the CRB. I'm keeping my 175 and my oreck. So I don't have to make a choice except which tool stays and which one goes. I can carry all at the same time but it causes the load to be haphazard and hard to organize.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
CRB can not be vs rotary or bonzer. Rotaries like the 360i or the trex or the bonzer, zipper is used for rinsing so as a wand. You may buy the crb first to agitate and use your wand for now for extraction, and later on when you saved up for a better rinsing equipment then you may choose one of the way either the rotary extraction or the zipper/bonzer.

Fedri

Jan 25, 2015
Mississauga Canada
Real Name
Fedri Irsat
If you have combined the crb and the trex jr together, where first you will scrub using the crb and then extract with the trex jr, you will provide a great superior cleaning.

Reactions: StevenB.

Pinosan

Premium VIP
Nov 22, 2011
California
allpointscarpetcare.com
Real Name
Martin Sanchez
Business Location
United States
residential or commercial or both?
what percentage of your business is residential and what percentage is commercial?

all fo these tools are to be in your arsenal in an order of priority. So let's hear about your business and we will better guide you.

selling a rotovac xl used only twice $2k shipped if you are interested.

Mr.Steamer

Apr 6, 2017
Springfield, OR
www.TryMrSteamer.com
Real Name
Kevin Linn
Business Location
United States
residential or commercial or both?
what percentage of your business is residential and what percentage is commercial?

all fo these tools are to be in your arsenal in an order of priority. So let's hear about your business and we will better guide you.

selling a rotovac xl used only twice $2k shipped if you are interested.
Only have enough coin for 1 machine at the moment. Just the standard xl, no other heads?

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Only have enough coin for 1 machine at the moment. Just the standard xl, no other heads?
Get the glided brush head. Really it is physiologically impossible to out clean a rotary. It can deliver 50-100 passes a minute. Impossible to do that with a wand. Nothing singlehandedly out cleans a rotary. Even combining pre agitation tools with CET tools will not out clean it. But different strokes for different folks.

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
If you have combined the crb and the trex jr together, where first you will scrub using the crb and then extract with the trex jr, you will provide a great superior cleaning.
If it wasn't 4700$ though

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
Get the glided brush head. Really it is physiologically impossible to out clean a rotary. It can deliver 50-100 passes a minute. Impossible to do that with a wand. Nothing singlehandedly out cleans a rotary. Even combining pre agitation tools with CET tools will not out clean it. But different strokes for different folks.
What do you mean by glided brush head? If you buy one new would that come with it usually.