crayon melted in car any ideas

dupont282003

Sep 14, 2009
lapeer
Real Name
jason wooster
Business Location
United States
i have a customer crayons melted in car wants me to see what i can do to get them out please help

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
You did not state if the crayons are on the upholstery, on the carpet or maybe on the window ledge. Different surfaces will be treated in different ways.

Here are the basic steps.

1) Remove whatever you can with no liquids. Maybe a scraper, knife, bone spatula, edge of a tablespoon or whatever to remove it. Often it helps to use one of those cans of freeze spray (sometimes used for gum removal) to get the wax hard which makes it easier to break up and scrape off.

2) Use the iron and paper bag trick just like removing was from a carpet. Keep the heat very low. The upholstery is likely to be olefin. Keep repeating this until no more wax or color can be removed.

3) Use RedZONE to remove any remaining color from the carpet or upholstery.

Frank DiGi

Premium VIP
Sep 3, 2008
pa
www.dicarpetclean.com
Real Name
Frank
Business Location
United States
Like Scott has said I would use a iron low setting paper bag or wet white towel should pull it out..If color dye try some red 1 like Jason has said..

66supersport

Dec 29, 2009
King,NC
Real Name
Bobby Fann
Business Location
United States
Is olefin the most popular fiber used in automotive interiors?
You did not state if the crayons are on the upholstery, on the carpet or maybe on the window ledge. Different surfaces will be treated in different ways.

Here are the basic steps.

1) Remove whatever you can with no liquids. Maybe a scraper, knife, bone spatula, edge of a tablespoon or whatever to remove it. Often it helps to use one of those cans of freeze spray (sometimes used for gum removal) to get the wax hard which makes it easier to break up and scrape off.

2) Use the iron and paper bag trick just like removing was from a carpet. Keep the heat very low. The upholstery is likely to be olefin. Keep repeating this until no more wax or color can be removed.

3) Use RedZONE to remove any remaining color from the carpet or upholstery.