Crappy seal job makes for crappy tile job.

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
IMG_1492093708.342259.jpg

I cleaned the tile last Saturday. It seemed pretty obvious while I was doing the job how grout would look afterwards. The picture represents what the whole house now looks like. With any tile job I tell the customer the issues with grout that is not properly sealed, not sealed at all or grout with the seal being stripped over time. I offered to go back and correct with an acid wash but I think the cost could be an issued.

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I tested a few spots before I cleaned and the spots I tested showed that sealer was applied. The customer had just bought the house and was told the tile was installed a year ago. Didn't know specifics though.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Zeps unless you have something better, I keep Bone Saw on my van for situations like this but you would have to order it unless you already have it.
barebones or bone saw, johnsons prostrip,,, I doubt the zep stripper would take that off very good....

I love it when I get to charge more!

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
barebones or bone saw, johnsons prostrip,,, I doubt the zep stripper would take that off very good....

I love it when I get to charge more!
Zep is my "oh crap I forgot to buy more stripper and I need it in an hour and home depot is the only place still open" stripper. And I always end up using more.

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
would the tile brush attachment for the 175 be the same thing as a grit brush? Thanks!
Kind of. The grit brush will probably be better as the added grit to the bristles scrubs more. The tile brush they keep trying to sell my at my local shop has good stiff nylon bristles with staggered heights to get into the grout like a grit brush but there is no "grit" in the bristles.