Coupling 4cylinder to Blower

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
I have used Butler Systems and small engine systems with pulleys for the blower. The butler system gets its power from the front serpentine belt system.
How are your 4cyliner powered truck mounts turning the blower? Using the serpentine system or is their a coupler that unites the rear of the blower?
Where do you find such a coupler to unite the rear of the motor to a blower?

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Grainger sells couplers that can be used to put an engine and blower together. Which coupler you get will depend on the engine horsepower and size of the blower. Go in to Grainger and tell them what you have and they will help you figure out what you need.

If you are building a machine I would strongly recommend using belts and pulleys. Honestly couplers are a pain in the butt. You have to allign everything with precision. When it comes time to replace the coupler it costs a lot more than a belt and is a lot harder to change out.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Grainger sells couplers that can be used to put an engine and blower together. Which coupler you get will depend on the engine horsepower and size of the blower. Go in to Grainger and tell them what you have and they will help you figure out what you need.

If you are building a machine I would strongly recommend using belts and pulleys. Honestly couplers are a pain in the butt. You have to allign everything with precision. When it comes time to replace the coupler it costs a lot more than a belt and is a lot harder to change out.

My TM has a slide plate and I can change the coupler in less then 10 minutes. I have a spare one and I switched them out just to see how hard it was, seriously 10 minutes :)

ColoradoCleaner

Dec 31, 2010
Denver, CO
www.magicwandcolorado.com
Real Name
Kevin M
Business Location
United States

Also with belts you can run the blower a little faster than the engine if you like.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
Also with belts you can run the blower a little faster than the engine if you like.
Yup, that's exactly what I do. I run my engine at 2500 and the blower at 3600.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
My TM has a slide plate and I can change the coupler in less then 10 minutes. I have a spare one and I switched them out just to see how hard it was, seriously 10 minutes :)

Mine too, but a lot of truckmounts don't.

Reactions: 1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Overly Cleaning Service

Oct 22, 2014
Ocala,FL
Real Name
Travis Overly
Thanks for the information guys. It does seem to make more sense to use the serpentine system so you can play with the rpms. The thing I love about the Butler is that i can leave the engine at idle and still have all the vacuum i need off that 5.6 blower. The butler is super quiet in the mode.
I was looking in to a used motor for my wifes Acura rsx and came across these JDM motors on Craigslist That had less than 55k miles and a three month warranty for $500 or less. That just kind got the wheels spinning a little bit. Granted you would have to make a custom frame and other various pain in the ass complications but those are some cheap reliable motors that will turn big blowers im guessing. I can't even get a predator 22 hp engine to run a smaller blower for less than $650.

Reactions: Todd the Cleaner

jason wolfington

Nov 2, 2014
Texas
Real Name
jason wolfington
Business Location
United States
What you are not getting with the salvage engine is the ECM harness, fuel system, radiator, and a lot of work to make it run on a bench. I have seen a guy use his Honda civic engine to build a truckmount, and of course the VW air cooled system. It would be a ton of work to build a truckmount from scratch.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
What you are not getting with the salvage engine is the ECM harness, fuel system, radiator, and a lot of work to make it run on a bench. I have seen a guy use his Honda civic engine to build a truckmount, and of course the VW air cooled system. It would be a ton of work to build a truckmount from scratch.
But it would be fun.

Reactions: carpettom

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson

Attachments

• 20161220_113246.jpg
    20161220_113246.jpg
    53.2 KB · Views: 160
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Hopefully that didn't sound bad. I meant I'm glad Ben got a few of the issues fixed. My inferno was hot and had plenty of suction. I wanted the water box and a few other upgrades now offered on the 500
Yes, I have not had any of the issues everyone else was complaining about. I have 930 hours and so far so good :)

Reactions: smart n kleen
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
What issues have you had?
The belt was a bit loose after about 50 hrs so I used a couple washers as spacers to fix it and the water pump head needed replaced which Ben sent to me and I switched it out.