Coupler

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I like working on my machines.
With it being a Chemtex you will get a lot of time to work on it ;)

All kidding aside my Chemtex served me well for 8 years, it wasn't perfect but it was a $6k new TM so I got my money out of it.

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
With it being a Chemtex you will get a lot of time to work on it ;)

All kidding aside my Chemtex served me well for 8 years, it wasn't perfect but it was a $6k new TM so I got my money out of it.
Some people take it to serious but i dont. Im just here for friends and to help others and at the same time learn some sweet tricks of the trade

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Some people take it to serious but i dont. Im just here for friends and to help others and at the same time learn some sweet tricks of the trade
I only joke about because I have done my fair share of repairs.

Reactions: Qwikdry and Kyle8

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
I think it was to tight honestly thays why it cracked
Every one we have installed, minus the first one, we check measurements very carefully. The first one we did a long time ago, we just figured it needed to be tight. It disintegrated. They need a little play in them for flex and expansion.

Rory henderson

Sep 22, 2015
Real Name
Rory henderson
Get away from the coupler........i upgraded to this style
20161220_113246.jpg

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Just take the engine bolts off took about 15min

That's why I asked to see if you possibly got it out of alignment if you did loosen the engine.
Before you take that one out check alignment in 3 places to see if you got something out of line that made that one fail so quick.

To me the picture looks like a stress crack from too much torque and I will add this because I believe you are new to truckmounts.

To avoid unnecessary torque to the coupler...

Always bring the engine up to operating speed before connecting the load (vac hose).
Always remove the load (vac hose) before decreasing the speed to shut down.
Check to make sure your vacuum release is working properly and relieving at the correct setting.

Reactions: Kyle8

Kyle8

Oct 22, 2016
Real Name
Kyle manor
How many hours do you have on the coupler?
I forgot what size blower and engine setup you have?
Very curious on how it holds up. Keep us posted on it.
The one with the crack has 10 hours i just replaced it. I think the coupler was put on to tight. There needs to be 1/8 inch gap. It seems to be doing ok with the crack