Couch and chairs?

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Hey guys,
So what do you all charge for furniture?? A standard couch?? 85.00??
And how about chairs?? 20.00 for just a chair bottom?
Then we have the full on chair?? 55.00 ??
Just trying to not go in so cheap I dont make and money and have to fly! I want to do a super nice job!!!
Oh and if they want them scotch gaurded???
Thanks you guys!!!

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Hey guys,
Just trying to not go in so cheap I dont make and money and have to fly! I want to do a super nice job!!!
Thanks you guys!!!
Rob's price list gives some figures you can use . Kind of varies like all prices for cleaning . I've gotten $250 for a standard sofa and chair because it was so bad . Soil load etc. will determine how much time you'll have in it . Haven't seen a sofa yet that I wouldn't charge at least $100 to clean .
All the Best , Ed

Reactions: M4sT3R T3CH
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
My prices are lower than most here on TMF but your location will affect your prices. A standard 3 person sofa is $65, love seat, $55, Chair/recliner $35 and sectionals are $95-120. I wish we could charge more but our market will only allow so much, we used to be lower and tried higher but those prices is the sweet spot for us.

Dannos 2000

Dec 27, 2017
Real Name
Dan Doelman
There is such a variation in sofa styles I like to charge per inch it makes it fair for all styles and sizes of sofas. For instance a standard 7 foot sofa which would be 84 inches, we charge $1.25 per inch for a fixed back and $1.35 for loose back...the same goes for sectionals... in our market we've seen a definite increase in sectional sofas lately so we had to come up with a way to price them accordingly especially over the phone.. and depending on your Market you determine what price per inch you'd like to charge. Hope this helps..

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I’ve been charging $55 for recliners, $90 for a love seat, and $38 per seat for anything 3 seats and up. So a 6 seat sectional is $228.

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
Awesome help guys. Thank you very much!! I hear these crazy low prices that coit charges. But the lady may have been fibbing me to get a super low price. I'm not buying it either....lol.
After watching Rob's video on furniture cleaning I have a list of steps to go through. I even bought a fold up table and horse hair brush to use to make it easier on me with the cushions. I just have a standard upholstery wand. However I want that new rotovac upholstery tool in the very near future!
Thanks everyone for the great information

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Hey guys,
Thanks you guys!!!

You're going to find that some upholstery is harder and more time consuming than others. Generally, natural fibers require a bit more work and care than most synthetics. They're also more likely to have permanent or more difficult to remove stains. I recently was asked to apply protection to some extremely expensive, antique kitchen chairs from France. Over 4 grand for 6 kitchen chairs was her valuation. I charged 25 per chair, and frankly should have charged a lot more. This is what I would normally have charged to both clean and protect a dining chair. The fabric was all cotton that was used on the antique frames. You run some risk with upholstery, particularly with the naturals. I highly advise getting some training if you haven't already. I suggest at least 1/2 the cost of cleaning for protection and hold firm on it, particularly if you're applying a fairly expensive protectant.

Reactions: PATRICK YANELLO

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
Don't be the *what do you charge* cleaner

Determining a price structure is simple.

What are your expenses for the year?
What profit do you need to make it worthwhile per year?
How many hours do you want to work per year?

This will determine how much you will need to make per hour.

Then the question is...

How long does it take to clean..... (input what your trying to price out)

Remember 10% of all cleaners in your area will go out of business this year. Then 10% more will enter the industry in your area next year. That means that in 10 years there is a 100% turnover. Its actually pretty accurate. In the 30+ years I have been doing this there is only 1 other cleaner in my area that has been around for 25+ years.

Do you really want to be asking the people that are probably going to be out of business in 10 years what to charge?

PATRICK YANELLO

Dec 4, 2017
Lancaster, PA
Real Name
Patrick Yanello
Business Location
United States
Awesome help guys. Thank you very much!! I hear these crazy low prices that coit charges. But the lady may have been fibbing me to get a super low price. I'm not buying it either....lol.
After watching Rob's video on furniture cleaning I have a list of steps to go through. I even bought a fold up table and horse hair brush to use to make it easier on me with the cushions. I just have a standard upholstery wand. However I want that new rotovac upholstery tool in the very near future!
Thanks everyone for the great information

Sounds like you are on your way. That rotovac sheardry works great, I mean excellent.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Reread Randy's post. You can't charge the same for all furniture. Some is simply more sensitive (usually natural fibers) and will require different techniques and procedures. Some pieces are much more valuable and present you a greater liability. Don't charge the same for an older cotton print sofa that you would for a cheap microfiber.

Your local market will also have some effect on pricing, but maybe not as much as many think. The level of service you provide sets the price.

Sean M Collins

Dec 11, 2012
Real Name
Sean Collins
Reread Randy's post. You can't charge the same for all furniture. Some is simply more sensitive (usually natural fibers) and will require different techniques and procedures. Some pieces are much more valuable and present you a greater liability. Don't charge the same for an older cotton print sofa that you would for a cheap microfiber.

Your local market will also have some effect on pricing, but maybe not as much as many think. The level of service you provide sets the price.

I swear I’m not picking on anyone but guys that blame the market they’re almost always need to improve their quality/service.. I know because that used to be me I live in a market that is and has been rock bottom (Dayton Ohio) forever and after I stopped making excuses why I couldn’t charge more I started getting real aggressive on being hi quality and customers noticed ... in five years time I am almost double in price now vs then

Ed Cruz

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
I stopped charging a set price on upholstery and area rugs a while back...I've been charging by the hour. I don't tell the customer that. I work it out in my head and give them the price. Once you gain enough experience with how long a piece will take charging by how long it will take will serve you well. In the beginning I had set prices on the furniture and many times I left with a bad taste in my mouth along with a sore back.

Reactions: PATRICK YANELLO

Clean-n-mean

Feb 9, 2018
Real Name
Todd santora
I stopped charging a set price on upholstery and area rugs a while back...I've been charging by the hour. I don't tell the customer that. I work it out in my head and give them the price. Once you gain enough experience with how long a piece will take charging by how long it will take will serve you well. In the beginning I had set prices on the furniture and many times I left with a bad taste in my mouth along with a sore back.
Thank you Ed! Great advice. Just wondering if l can be competitive at 150.00 per hour. That's using Rob's 10 step method of course.