Cotton/linen sofa with water issue

CcCleaner

Jul 28, 2011
ma
Real Name
Cole Clifford
Business Location
United States
My client had a flood and their cotton/linen sofa has some water stains. I haven't seen it yet but I figured an acid rinse and some browning treatment on bad spots is probably my best bet. Would anyone do something differently?

Thanks

john gerding

Premium VIP
Aug 1, 2012
Real Name
Deadpool
Business Location
United States
My client had a flood and their cotton/linen sofa has some water stains. I haven't seen it yet but I figured an acid rinse and some browning treatment on bad spots is probably my best bet. Would anyone do something differently?

Thanks
The browning treatment yes.... acid rinse...maybe... but after hitting the major browning with brownout I would then treat the entire piece with hatian cotton cleaner and extract.

SAA

Jul 12, 2008
NC
www.thecarpetsurgeons.com
Real Name
Steve Andrews
Business Location
United States
If you could share some photos, that would be great. This can be simple to complex.
Here is an example of one I had to deal with in the past (have numerous other examples but this one shows some of what concerns one could have and what they could run into)

IMG_2320.JPG
IMG_2321.JPG
IMG_2325.JPG

As it was opened up to see what was there, we found three layers of cellulose material (one being jute) and this meant it was not a normal situation.
As this shows, sometimes you need to open it up and see what you are dealing with.

IMG_2327.JPG
IMG_2328.JPG

Now to say the least, this was not a simple job and it required some very advanced treatments, and this required more than just
one treatment.

We were able to make the chair presentable again. This was a chair that a student brought to class and we taught how to do this
in the class, certainly not your normal items to work with but a great example of what one can run into and students learned what to
do with such a situation.

Here is the before we finished.
Hchair-before-jpeg.jpg

IMG_2328.JPG

Here is the after we finished
hchair-after-jpeg.jpg

Everyone was quite pleased and especially the student that brought it in as was his customer.

SAA

Reactions: Scott W

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT

Thanks

Your ideas are good. But as Steve points out, it is hard to know the solution until you know how serious the problem is. Look over the job, take some clear and detailed photos. Your solution may work fine or it may take much more.