coronavirus

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
More concerning to me is, I've got guys out there who have NO training or prior experience... and are being asked by customers to "come make their house/office/school/etc be germ-free".

And they come to me and say "how do I do this?".

To which my response is, "If you don't already know, you shouldn't be doing this."

You can fog or spray or wipe every surface in the place, and as soon as someone walks in and sneezes or coughs, all of your work is essentially undone. You have no environmental control. Ergo, disinfection is virtually impossible. You can only claim to sanitize, and that only temporarily.

EPA has released a statement on a few products that might be effective based on the fact that they kill other members of the human coronavirus family. Thymol, quats, and phenolics of various trade names carry these claims. But keep in mind that there is NO way, to date, to make a guarantee of efficacy.

Personally, I'm not doing anything differently than I would normally do this time of year. I'm not dousing myself in hand sanitizer or wearing a maxi-pad over my face. I'm already dealing with some seasonal bronchitis, so I'm coughing into my elbow and deliberately not shaking people's hands (or giving them hugs, which hurts, because I LOVE hugging people, lol).

I am fully prepared - nay, expecting - to get this thing, and to be fine afterward. With hubby working in health care, for us it's just a question of when and not if.
Supposedly the hand sanitizer is bad if you use it often. As it kills the good along with the bad bacteria. So i was told anyway. Just better to keep your hands awsy from your mouth and face till you wash them with normal soap and water. Sanitizer if your out and about and theres no way of washing up before lunch.

SMCommerical

Feb 8, 2018
Real Name
Mike C
I am not surprised carpet cleaners have not said "We will clean your carpets at 3x the rate to help possibly prevent the spread of Coronavirus in your home"

I mean a bottle of sanitizer that was $20 is now worth $150 from the same distributor.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I am not surprised carpet cleaners have not said "We will clean your carpets at 3x the rate to help possibly prevent the spread of Coronavirus in your home"

I mean a bottle of sanitizer that was $20 is now worth $150 from the same distributor.
I am encouraging my guys specifically to NOT do so. And any distributor who is increasing their prices BEYOND the markup we ourselves are experiencing from manufacturers isn't, in my humblest of opinions, worth doing business with.

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
Screenshot_20200307-182520_Firefox.jpg