Direct Mail EDDM - Cool story about door hangers!!! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Direct Mail EDDM Cool story about door hangers!!!

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
So on my second job of the day yesterday, we get there, preform the walk through With the gentlemen , then we head to the kitchen to go over my presentation book.. As I ask him how did you hear about us being that it was a new client he pointed to his fridge... It was a doorhanger that we hung last summer. I think that's the longest piece of advertisement ever held onto and I got a call off of.. Pretty cool ended up being a $200 job...

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
That's a good story, but those door hangers make me a bit paranoid. I don't mean to attempt to pop a bubble of excitement...but what if....

the wrong person sees those door hangers on someone's door at a house with no cars in the driveway. Burgler alert. And after the home is broke into, who's going to get a call from the homeowner who just has his/her house robbed?

It's just a little paranoia on my side, and I probably need to chill out a bit on it. But that's all we, puny, carpet cleaners need. Like we don't have enough problems on our own. Am I the only one who's worried about that?

Simply Clean QC

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
That's a good story, but those door hangers make me a bit paranoid. I don't mean to attempt to pop a bubble of excitement...but what if....

the wrong person sees those door hangers on someone's door at a house with no cars in the driveway. Burgler alert. And after the home is broke into, who's going to get a call from the homeowner who just has his/her house robbed?

It's just a little paranoia on my side, and I probably need to chill out a bit on it. But that's all we, puny, carpet cleaners need. Like we don't have enough problems on our own. Am I the only one who's worried about that?
Never thought of that angle.. Now I'm curious as to if this has ever happened.

Dust-Go

Apr 2, 2013
Real Name
Daniel Kite
Rob, do you do 5 around or hit whole neighborhoods with door hangers? I stopped doing whole areas with door hangers after having several angry people call and complain about them. Every nice area in my town is posted no soliciting and I wonder if anyone gets complaints from just doing 5 around.

Sent from my Z796C using TMF Forums mobile app

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I'm waiting for my door hangers now. I put them on rentals and areas that can afford cleaning. I have a discount for rentals.

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
It's all about wording. That 25% is off my old price. The discount is now my normal charge just looks great to customers. I adjust my price according to carpet condition. Renters are the only people who are the ones who want it cheap. They are empty so it's very easy and quick to clean.

Simply Clean QC

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
I'm not flaming you... if that bait catches fish, go for it. The only advice I would give you is to put an expiration date on those bad boys.... discounts like that have a way of resurfacing their ugly heads years later when you least expect them.

Reactions: matt30577

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
It's my normal price. So with the discount they are paying my normal price not including any options. 25% off what ? Do you get it ?

Simply Clean QC

Mar 19, 2014
Illinois / Iowa
www.sabyltech.com
Real Name
Nate Howard
Business Location
United States
I get it. If a customer calls, books their job, you do the job, you present the bill, and they pull one of those out.... how do you respond? Do you honor the coupon and knock 25% off of the bill right there, or do you tell them that it doesn't apply to their job because they didn't tell you that they have one... even though it doesn't say that they have to do anything but "present the coupon"? I don't see any exclusions on the ad itself.... and neither will they. Again, real talk... I'm not attacking you, just curious.

suncarpet

Staff member
Premium VIP
Jul 18, 2013
Bakersfield ca
www.suncarpet.net
Real Name
Rob mueller
Business Location
United States
Rob, do you do 5 around or hit whole neighborhoods with door hangers? I stopped doing whole areas with door hangers after having several angry people call and complain about them. Every nice area in my town is posted no soliciting and I wonder if anyone gets complaints from just doing 5 around.

Sent from my Z796C using TMF Forums mobile app
I only do 5 around now but when I was slow I would put them out all day long.. If not not working, I'm out meeting people, shaking hands, kissing babies, passing out cards and trifolds, something. I work 40 hours a week minimum.. If I don't have 40 hours a week of jobs scheduled then I spend my time doing something else... I am trying to grow as much as possible. my goal is to have a second van in the next two years.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I let them know the price before I start. I ask if they have any coupons first. My price is still great. So no loss for them.

Jose Holguin

Premium VIP
Oct 20, 2012
Vail, CO
Real Name
Jose Holguin
Business Location
United States
I only do 5 around now but when I was slow I would put them out all day long.. If not not working, I'm out meeting people, shaking hands, kissing babies, passing out cards and trifolds, something. I work 40 hours a week minimum.. If I don't have 40 hours a week of jobs scheduled then I spend my time doing something else... I am trying to grow as much as possible. my goal is to have a second van in the next two years.

Rob Mueller, aka Mr. Sun
Hey Rob, what's the size of the population you service?

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
I mainly have that number for rentals. They want it cheap. I know the prices of almost all the rentals I target. So I know what they want to pay. The nice upper scale customers really don't care too much. If I only get 2 jobs it pays for my hangers.