Cool Cuffs ? ? ? Whatta ya know ? ? ? | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Cool Cuffs ? ? ? Whatta ya know ? ? ?

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Does anyone have feedback on these guys : Cool Cuffs <—— ? ? ?
I wanna buy the starter set $80.0 but have only used Mytee Cuff Linx for the past 9 years <—— not entirely happy w the CL’s

Reactions: sbsscn

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I use flash cuffs and the sound of leaking air is like putting nails to a chalk board.

Last edited:

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
I have used Cool Cuffs for years. Use the Latch set. Use Gorilla Glue to hold the cuff to the hose. Ive never had problems with leakage.

The owner on the other hand.....
Wonder how gorilla glue would hold up against pure d limonine • as I drag it over prespray. I really enjoy buying American but boy, it’s frustrating when • for whatever reason, a co. decides just NOT to make a superior product. I have been consistently disappointed w Mytee products • of the products I’ve used • specifically, the hog / pigglets / cuff linx.

• • not just throwing trash out there either • I‘ve have said, “I’ve been using <-—- that means years now.

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
reason I use Gorilla Glue is because it will hold it in place for quite some time but also come apart if I want it to. Probably have to reglue it every three years or so.

Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
I use flash cuffs and the sound of leaking air is like putting nails to a chalk board.
I use flash cuffs but don't seem get leaks. Where are the leaks coming from exactly?

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Boris Johnson
Business Location
United States
Hey Rob...heard a funny story about you today.

That's all I'm going to say =)

• Wow
Reactions: rob allen

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States

AffordableCarpetCare

Aug 30, 2013
Lebanon TN
Real Name
Matthew Patterson
Business Location
United States
I use flash cuffs as well, all ours leak around the button as well as the seam in the joint. Hose runs under 200' its prob not alot of loss but annoying. On our long hose runs I tape all the joints to seal them..

Bought a handful of the cool cuffs to test and really like them. Planning on replacing all of ours soon!

brian3180

Mar 7, 2010
Texas
Real Name
brian l
Business Location
United States
I use flash cuffs but don't seem get leaks. Where are the leaks coming from exactly?
Seems to be coming from the threads. I don't use any kind of tape, glue or lube. I dry screw them.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Seems to be coming from the threads. I don't use any kind of tape, glue or lube. I dry screw them.
Well, that’s what I’m trying to get away from • leaks !

When I did a furniture store cleaning
( 8500 sf ), <—— ( it’ll be 14,000 sf. next time I tell t story - lol ), on Halloween last yr, I ended up taping 350’ of m / f cuff linx • • wanna know how long that took ? • don’t ask.

Yeah, I’ve been taping seams for nine yrs. Seems like quality might be hit and miss if some are real happy w t cool cuffs and some have to tape them like I do my cuff linx. Well, I reckon I already have these bought & paid fir. / & installed. Although they come apart now more then they ever use to - alway did come apart • from d one.

I have to get away from these. Who owns cool cuffs • by t way ? Why is he persona no grata ?

Joe cool

Jan 8, 2015
Real Name
Joe
I'm done with all snap cuffs went back to vinyl cuffs and never had any more drips since . The convenience of unsnaping a hose vs dripping or cracking a tile is not worth the headaches. I hot melted my vinyl cuffs on and not a issue Since .

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Love the convenience • it’s why I’ve put up w it for 9 yrs.
• • • cant get away w the vacuum leeks anymore. Don’t wanna buy another leaker.

I have the twist “lock” which is what I want as a replacement.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
Used to use Twist "lock" but after a while they would lock up and it was a real pain to twist apart. Ended up lubing the rubber gasket which helped but would start locking up after a few more hours.
I have been using Flash Cuffs for 3+ years now, very good seal.
Vinyl cuffs were ok but what a pain in the winter to pull on and off.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
your on the *naughty list* too?
No I dont think I am.

I called in to ask about a price and I got a " I dont do price checks man, just trust me that im giving you the lowest price" I was like huh?
He said "yeah just tell me what you want and how many, your address and your cc info, simple or dont waste my time" "Ill send you a receipt with your order"

I said this is NOT Cool

he hung up

mrotto

Sep 1, 2009
Wisconsin
Real Name
Paul Ottensmann
Business Location
United States
No I dont think I am.

I called in to ask about a price and I got a " I dont do price checks man, just trust me that im giving you the lowest price" I was like huh?
He said "yeah just tell me what you want and how many, your address and your cc info, simple or dont waste my time" "Ill send you a receipt with your order"

I said this is NOT Cool

he hung up
typical Joe

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
No I dont think I am.

I said this is NOT Cool

he hung up
Wow, how bizarre.
Do you mind sharing • who offered such exemplary service ?

I had a similar experience w a graphic design artist about a year ago • asked him to price his work • the dude wigged out on some organic / universal trust we must all have.

I very politely eased the conversation to an
“understanding“ close.