Cooking Meth House Clean up (scott)

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
So I get a call from PM, to go look at a 4 plex where one of the units had a bozo cooking meth in the bathtub,, now I have done a few of these before but they were not bad and no carpeting was affected, just smell and tracked up stuff,,, this house is sealed with police tape so I didn't go in,,,

Can you just go in if theres police tape?
The smell is so bad I don't know if I even want to go in there,, with out suiting up

Scott should I put a air scrubber in here ? I have not been inside but from the owner its all over everything solvent cans everywhere, white residue ,, he said the white was taken completely off the bathtub,,,, Sounds like a remodel lol to me

Scott what products do I need to get incase I decide to do this?

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
Hope Scott chimes in here . I know Interlink has a whole line of products just for this . Terrible problem all over the country including this little town of mine . Got called for jury duty last year and the guy was doing this in an apartment when busted .
Made a plea deal the day before the trial started so I did not have to serve .
All the Best, Ed

Nov 16, 2016
Real Name
Joe Adase
So I get a call from PM, to go look at a 4 plex where one of the units had a bozo cooking meth in the bathtub,, now I have done a few of these before but they were not bad and no carpeting was affected, just smell and tracked up stuff,,, this house is sealed with police tape so I didn't go in,,,

Can you just go in if theres police tape?
The smell is so bad I don't know if I even want to go in there,, with out suiting up

Scott should I put a air scrubber in here ? I have not been inside but from the owner its all over everything solvent cans everywhere, white residue ,, he said the white was taken completely off the bathtub,,,, Sounds like a remodel lol to me

Scott what products do I need to get incase I decide to do this?
I'm no expert in meth but i think they where hazmat suits for a reason. I would not go in there without knowing more about the dangers of exposure. Good luck.

Sent from my SM-G930V using TMF Forums mobile app

Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Just go in there and air it out and clean it. The meth might help speed things up lol.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
North Carolina
www.shopcleansource.com
Real Name
Amy Barnes
Business Location
United States
Don't break the police tape.

Wait for some sort of work authorization to be signed, since this is obviously being treated as a crime scene and anything you do to change the environment (including cleaning) may result in criminal charges against you if you don't have that work auth first.

The EPA does not govern meth lab cleanup per se, but they do have published guidelines to help determine what needs to be done and when. Keep in mind, most states will NOT allow waste materials or dump water from meth lab cleanup to go into landfills or sewer drains due to toxicity potential. Biohazardous waste disposal procedures should be followed.

Some semi-permanent (rather than mobile) meth labs are also booby-trapped. Make sure first responders have gone though and removed potential explosives, and make sure the fire department has cleared the building structurally for entry.

Last edited:

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Don't go in through the police tape. Wait for them to sign off.

An air scrubber will be helpful, but you will need a lot mroe than that to complete this project. This is hazardous. I suggest no one take on such a job withour training.

There are two different types of meth remediation jobs. One is where meth was actively being manuafctured and the other where meht was used and contamianted a building.

For the meth lab, it often involves demoliton or tearing everything down to the studs, cleaning whats left and then rebuilding.

Meth use has lower levels of toxins and and can be "cleaned" rather than totally removed.

I have just writtena paper on the topic. It is now being peer reviewed, editted, having some photos added and so forth.

See the ad in R&R magazine for a phone number you can call to get a free copy. They shoudl be ready to get sent out in about 10 days.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

An air scrubber will be helpful, but you will need a lot mroe than that to complete this project. This is hazardous. I suggest no one take on such a job withour training.

There are two different types of meth remediation jobs. One is where meth was actively being manuafctured and the other where meht was used and contamianted a building.

For the meth lab, it often involves demoliton or tearing everything down to the studs, cleaning whats left and then rebuilding.

Meth use has lower levels of toxins and and can be "cleaned" rather than totally removed.

I have just writtena paper on the topic. It is now being peer reviewed, editted, having some photos added and so forth.

See the ad in R&R magazine for a phone number you can call to get a free copy. They shoudl be ready to get sent out in about 10 days.

I went over there today and the police were there and would not let me go in,
Outside in the back there were
Empty containers of anti-freeze,starting fluids,

Draino containers, freon, lye, paint thinner, acetone and
propane tanks.. sheets were used as filters stained dark brown red with white residue on them,,

I have never done one of these like this,, I tried to get the cops to just let me look in the door at the carpet, they wouldn't,, the crime lab guys were there..
They busted the next door neighbors and the people across the street...
I was pretty much told to leave pronto !

The ones I did before were not so smelly like this one

I probably will not be doing this, they need to send in guys to tear it out and rebuild.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States

will the filters in my gas mask thing filter out those fumes?

seagrtj

Jun 28, 2011
MO
Real Name
Todd Seagraves
Business Location
United States
By no means am I condoning the use or meth or the cooking process. Yes, there are several chemicals used in the process that can be considered dangerous by themselves, and potentially more dangerous when combined. The epidemic 10 years ago made the public perception much worse than it really is. I see this subject come up all the time in various places and there are so many misconceptions about it.
I know there will be naysayers who will say they have documentation to prove that a house needs to be totally torn down because they cooked meth in it a few times. Just isn't true.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
By no means am I condoning the use or meth or the cooking process. Yes, there are several chemicals used in the process that can be considered dangerous by themselves, and potentially more dangerous when combined. The epidemic 10 years ago made the public perception much worse than it really is. I see this subject come up all the time in various places and there are so many misconceptions about it.
I know there will be naysayers who will say they have documentation to prove that a house needs to be totally torn down because they cooked meth in it a few times. Just isn't true.
I would think the sheet rock, carpets , insulation might need to be replaces, dude I was like 5 feet from the door and it was strong like I was right inside that house.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
I went over there today and the police were there and would not let me go in,
Outside in the back there were
Empty containers of anti-freeze,starting fluids,

Draino containers, freon, lye, paint thinner, acetone and
propane tanks.. sheets were used as filters stained dark brown red with white residue on them,,

I have never done one of these like this,, I tried to get the cops to just let me look in the door at the carpet, they wouldn't,, the crime lab guys were there..
They busted the next door neighbors and the people across the street...
I was pretty much told to leave pronto !

The ones I did before were not so smelly like this one

I probably will not be doing this, they need to send in guys to tear it out and rebuild.
This is a complete tear out. I would pass if I was you. Promise, from experience, it's not worth the risk

Sent from my SM-G920V using TMF Forums mobile app

DamageClean

Apr 25, 2010
iowa
Real Name
Brent J
Business Location
United States
Last April demolished a house and 5 barns due to large meth manufacturing. Was ordered and paid by the living relatives of the former owners who "flipped" out living in the home AFTER the meth makers sold the house. The "last" homeowners committed a murder/suicide (husband & wife) from irrational behavior from supposedly being cross contaminated by living there.

Demo is the only "sure" way to get that crap out of a structure. I learned more than I ever wanted to know on that job. My main meth advisor was the fella who wrote the guidelines for military trauma and drug cleanup procedures.

Aug 16, 2016
Real Name
Mario Gonzalez
I bet this was in Splendora or Cleveland area

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
will the filters in my gas mask thing filter out those fumes?
Yes, if they have new organic vapor cartridges and fit well. That should cover the fumes portion. Splashing and dermal (skin) contact are still issues to address.

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Where can I score some Meth?