Convincing customers to buy new services

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.
Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I’m going to be adding tile and grout cleaning as part of my services picking up new customers come easy for me but getting existing customers to purchase your extra services can be tricky what are some effective way y’all have found would love to here your thoughts
Thank You
Lesia

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
I think the best way is just to ask when you are in the home. If you are talking about prior customers that you are not at their home then you can always send them a flyer, email, post card or whatever you do with a promotion on the cleaning.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I think the best way is just to ask when you are in the home. If you are talking about prior customers that you are not at their home then you can always send them a flyer, email, post card or whatever you do with a promotion on the cleaning.[/QUOTE it’s more towards the commercial customers lot of them are already giving you a monthly fee to clean their building and it’s not in the budget

Mac M

May 11, 2016
Real Name
Michael McFarlane
I don’t do much commercial contracts so not real sure but maybe you can offer them a free demonstration in a small section if they are at all interested.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Some of my guys have fitted a vac hose cuff with a black napkin stretched tight across the end. They touch it to the customer's furniture (so all the hair, dead skin, etc is vacuumed to the black cloth and shows up bright against the napkin) and ask the customer if they'd like their furniture cleaned while they're there. More often than not, customers are grossed out and won't let them LEAVE until they at least vacuum it or clean it.

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I have found that effective by showing videos or before and after and during I might try that in a email I do have a job lined up I can get some footage on

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
Some of my guys have fitted a vac hose cuff with a black napkin stretched tight across the end. They touch it to the customer's furniture (so all the hair, dead skin, etc is vacuumed to the black cloth and shows up bright against the napkin) and ask the customer if they'd like their furniture cleaned while they're there. More often than not, customers are grossed out and won't let them LEAVE until they at least vacuum it or clean it.
The bad thing in having commercial contracts you get very little interaction they never call me with complaints and it’s rare I catch them in the office when I do I’m coming in as they are in a hurry to get out . One building I need to convince has all tile 2000sq ft it need it

Common janitor

Apr 5, 2014
Real Name
Ed Feil
I’m guessing you know who the “ go to “ person is . Sometimes if you reach out with a nice email or call and ask for a short meeting about the facility this can get things moving . If you have some before and after pictures or a brochure get that in their hand . Budgets are EVERYTHING no matter if it’s profit or non profit . You stated you’re not getting complaints which is great !! Since they’re under contract and maybe reluctant to spend a chunk of money all at one time offer to finance the job . Charge normal and spread that out monthly over your contract or over six months maybe . Recently sold a job exactly like that . They were SO HAPPY they ended up paying me in full when I finished !! Think it was Rugman that posted a pod cast on discounting services and how NOT to get in that trap .
Suggest you listen to that as its very informative .
All the Best , Ed

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
I’m guessing you know who the “ go to “ person is . Sometimes if you reach out with a nice email or call and ask for a short meeting about the facility this can get things moving . If you have some before and after pictures or a brochure get that in their hand . Budgets are EVERYTHING no matter if it’s profit or non profit . You stated you’re not getting complaints which is great !! Since they’re under contract and maybe reluctant to spend a chunk of money all at one time offer to finance the job . Charge normal and spread that out monthly over your contract or over six months maybe . Recently sold a job exactly like that . They were SO HAPPY they ended up paying me in full when I finished !! Think it was Rugman that posted a pod cast on discounting services and how NOT to get in that trap .
Suggest you listen to that as its very informative .
All the Best , Ed
Thanks Ed I was thinking on finance and braking it down and offer a special rate because we have a contract I’m working on a flyer now which by the way I just learned you can make using OneNote on Windows 10 , I will most definitely check out that post
Thank You
Lesia

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
You can try the assumptive close technique.
Write the estimate, include the discount for existing customer.
Offer billing options.
If you have some video then upload to YouTube and include the link.
Say something like, "we noticed this area needs some maintenance so here's the estimate."

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
You can try the assumptive close technique.
Write the estimate, include the discount for existing customer.
Offer billing options.
If you have some video then upload to YouTube and include the link.
Say something like, "we noticed this area needs some maintenance so here's the estimate."
Thanks Pistolpeate we all know they are going to ask how much one of my customer said he likes that I’m always one step ahead

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
We have a tile, grout and stone cleaning/sealing online on demand course. It’s 3 parts;

1) Classroom-covers ID, liabilities & sales +

2) School-Demo all equip & chemistry

3) Live job start to finish

It’s easy to understand, applicable, up to date and very practical. It will make you a lot of money while saving you a lot money from expensive mistakes. Covers all aspects of cleaning, clear and color seal and sales. Lots of tips and tricks too. It is shot in 4K hi def and the teacher has 35 years experience and comes with a 100% guarantee.

https://www.tmfacademy.com/courses/how-to-clean-sell-and-seal-tile-grout

Oct 1, 2018
Real Name
Lesia Caldwell
We have a tile, grout and stone cleaning/sealing online on demand course. It’s 3 parts;

It’s easy to understand, applicable, up to date and very practical. It will make you a lot of money while saving you a lot money from expensive mistakes. Covers all aspects of cleaning, clear and color seal and sales. Lots of tips and tricks too. It is shot in 4K hi def and the teacher has 35 years experience and comes with a 100% guarantee.

I will definitely do this I need to learn natural stone care especially marble I’m wanting to save up enough money to do in house training it’s a 6hr drive from where I’m at

AZHome&Carpet

Apr 23, 2018
AZ
Real Name
Michael Stevens

Did the price recently go up? I was saving up for this course, but thought it was about $200 maybe I’m wrong