Convince me

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
I know you guys are all about agitation but it seems most of you love glided wands also.
I need to be convinced, why use the glides?
Is it do save your shoulders? Or do they clean better? I know water recovery can be good but I feel like the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired.
I use a Steamway scrub wand and I didn't realize until I bought my Sapphire 2 inch 6 jet
un-glided wand just how well the old Steamway agitates and how well that makes the carpet look.

Sent from my iPhone using TMF Forums mobile app

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I use a glide because it is easier to use and I have been cleaning carpets for almost 15 years so my body feels it. I also keep an unglided wand on the van and use that at least once a day depending on the job. I feel the wand without a glide flushes better then the one with a glide even though they both have the same jet size.

Reactions: Dafloorman

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I have both on the TM van and Roberto never uses the glided want,,, I personally don't use one because I don't feel it does as good of a job,, I never get to clean easy clean carpets, all of mine are usually grossly filthy...

put me down in the unglided category

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
Glided wand here. I've only ran a unglided wand once (while I was waiting for my glide lol) and hated it! Never again.

I'm also a huge vacuum guy. I thoroughly vacuum and edge every job, even if it was vacuumed for us.

For me, the glided wand is easier to push and pull and I'm a lot less fatigued at the end of the day. Cleaning effectiveness and recovery don't matter to me between the 2. If it's bad, I'll use my rotary tool.....which is also glided lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: jtsunbrite

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I know you guys are all about agitation

I use agitation to provide superior results, I also charge for it... But also to build my client list bigger.. impress the client and they will refer you to friends and family.

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Glided wand here. I've only ran a unglided wand once (while I was waiting for my glide lol) and hated it! Never again.

I'm also a huge vacuum guy. I thoroughly vacuum and edge every job, even if it was vacuumed for us.

For me, the glided wand is easier to push and pull and I'm a lot less fatigued at the end of the day. Cleaning effectiveness and recovery don't matter to me between the 2. If it's bad, I'll use my rotary tool.....which is also glided lol.

I agree for sure, it you want to vacuum a bunch and possibly pre scrub a glide would be nice and does save the body, my wand is hard to push and I probably won't do it forever.

Reactions: Lefty724

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
People still using scrub wands?? Shaking my head...

I have the new stuff and if I prescrub with a 175 my 2 inch 6 jet flushes better than anything but I just can't come close to the same SQF output with the scrub wand. I find you only need to scrub the heaviest soils and for light and moderate the scrub is tough to beat.

Lefty724

Oct 21, 2008
Salad Bowl, Cali
Real Name
E
Business Location
United States
I agree for sure, it you want to vacuum a bunch and possibly pre scrub a glide would be nice and does save the body, my wand is hard to push and I probably won't do it forever.

Yes. I vacuum very thoroughly and always use some sort of mechanical agitation. In carpet cleaning, agitation is king imo.

Nomad74

www.apcarpetcleaners.com
Premium VIP
Apr 26, 2013
Redding, Ca
Real Name
Damon
Business Location
United States
I know you guys are all about agitation but it seems most of you love glided wands also.
Is it do save your shoulders? Or do they clean better? I know water recovery can be good but I feel like the cleaning leaves a lot to be desired.
I use a Steamway scrub wand and I didn't realize until I bought my Sapphire 2 inch 6 jet
un-glided wand just how well the old Steamway agitates and how well that makes the carpet look.

When you have a powerful Truckmount that likes to lock the wand down to the floor, you'll be wanting a glide.

Reactions: Lefty724
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Not convinced

What TM are you running? When I used my old TM with a 33 blower a glide was not needed but once I got a new TM with a 47 blower my shoulder hurts all the time and I feel it more on days I use the unglided wand more.

awratchford

Jun 9, 2014
Question? While I've never done it, I've always been curious if the 360i will agitate the carpet sufficiently with the regular head and no water or vacuum hooked up. Like for example could a helper be one room ahead prescrubbing with that while you come behind with the wand?

Sent from my SM-G920V using TMF Forums mobile app

alex027

Feb 29, 2016
Real Name
alex alex
I have the new stuff and if I prescrub with a 175 my 2 inch 6 jet flushes better than anything but I just can't come close to the same SQF output with the scrub wand. I find you only need to scrub the heaviest soils and for light and moderate the scrub is tough to beat.

i feel like my hoss 700 cleans better than using a 17" buffer with nylon brush and wand. the hoss uses a ton of water. it has steel glides and no jets its injects down deep and flushes really well. the long clear site tube really helps to see what i recover. my waste tank fills 60% more when using the rotary vs a wand which flushes better.

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
What TM are you running? When I used my old TM with a 33 blower a glide was not needed but once I got a new TM with a 47 blower my shoulder hurts all the time and I feel it more on days I use the unglided wand more.

Sapphire 2500HS
Yeah, my shoulder hurts sometimes but at this point I'll sacrifice it for the sake of my carpet cleaning... My sure I'll regret it when I'm 50

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
When you have a powerful Truckmount that likes to lock the wand down to the floor, you'll be wanting a glide.

You just need to pump some iron regularly, do lots of push ups, pull ups, sit ups, hand stands, back flips, etc. and don't forget the cardio! You'll be pushing and pulling that unglided wand like it was nothin even with a huge blower! 10 or 20 mile runs several times a week and some cycling might help too. :D

Reactions: awratchford

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States

If you're getting great results I wouldn't sweat it. Glides definitely do make wanding easier and on certain carpets it can be significantly easier. If the way you're doing it is working well for you and you've got happy customers that brag on your work then keep doing what you're doing.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Sapphire 2500HS
Yeah, my shoulder hurts sometimes but at this point I'll sacrifice it for the sake of my carpet cleaning... My sure I'll regret it when I'm 50

Trust me you will regret it. I'm 42 and feel great besides my shoulder, if using a glide on some jobs and doing slower dry strokes keeps the shoulder feeling better that's what I'll do.