Connecting pressure washer to a tile wand

Mbrohawn

Jul 12, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Brohawn
First time poster and very new to this entire business and on tight budget initially. I purchased a used Ninja classic to start cleaning carpets in my area. I was wanting to also utilize it to clean tiles. Obviously the psi is incredibly underwhelming in that task.

Would it be feasible to use an electric pressure washer to connect the water to the tile wand for this purpose? I've seen some people online say they do it and then others say that pressure washer will push way too much water. So looking for guidance.

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
The valve on your wand will not handle 1000psi. I would look into buying a hard surface wand from your local supply house. Try Jon Don or Westpak if you don't have a local supplier. You might also check the solution lines that came with the Ninja maybe only rated to 500psi.

Reactions: Mbrohawn

Mbrohawn

Jul 12, 2020
Real Name
Matthew Brohawn
The valve on your wand will not handle 1000psi. I would look into buying a hard surface wand from your local supply house. Try Jon Don or Westpak if you don't have a local supplier. You might also check the solution lines that came with the Ninja maybe only rated to 500psi.
I think I'm not currently explaining my thought. I was saying the water line just going through the pressure washer to a tile wand that I would purchase separately. And then just use the ninja to attach to the wand for extraction purposes.

Could that setup work?

John Rockwood

Oct 18, 2012
Oregon
Real Name
John Rockwood
I think I'm not currently explaining my thought. I was saying the water line just going through the pressure washer to a tile wand that I would purchase separately. And then just use the ninja to attach to the wand for extraction purposes.

Could that setup work?
Sure. One machine for pressure and one for vacuum. I think you will have to connect to 2 different wall plugs even though you are not using the pump side on the ninja.

Reactions: Mbrohawn

keep it clean

Premium VIP
Dec 3, 2012
Pa
Real Name
Nick
Business Location
United States
I used water otter for the same purpose you are intending. Only i also used it for carpet too. Kind of pain to carry it. Can probably find similar pump on a dolly from Northern Tool to fit your purpose. Look for something in 1200 1500 psi range 2-3 gal per minute. And has unloader.
They can in some occasions run on same circuit as one of your vacs. I say sometimes. Other times it trips breaker.