Concrete staining

burbuja2

Mar 24, 2006
Metairie, LA
Real Name
Michael R. Zembik
Business Location
United States
Update on my concrete job. Custy texted me at 8pm said her husband said it was to much money and they decided to not do it. The job is scheduled for Tomorrow morning and I already purchased the sealer, stain and , stripper. $400 worth of chemicals. I hope the supplier takes back the product.
2k job and they cancel the night before by text message. WTF. I booked a day and a half for this job. No respect for contractors time.
When you book a decorative concrete job, always get 50% of the quoted price up front. That way, it evenly splits the risk between the customer and you. Your customer bears the risk at the beginning and you bear the risk at the end. You should be able to recover all or most of your costs with a return.

PistolPete

Sep 28, 2014
Real Name
Peter Dymond
Update on my concrete job. Custy texted me at 8pm said her husband said it was to much money and they decided to not do it. The job is scheduled for Tomorrow morning and I already purchased the sealer, stain and , stripper. $400 worth of chemicals. I hope the supplier takes back the product.
2k job and they cancel the night before by text message. WTF. I booked a day and a half for this job. No respect for contractors time.
Sorry brother.
I got burned on a no refund epoxy grout order for a customer that cancelled.
Now I make them pre-pay for any special order materials.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Wow, not sure why that would fail like that.
Before we had the tile installed on the side walk and back patio I used my power washer on it and got most of it off. I have a decent power washer that goes up to 3500 psi but a lot of it came of with little effort while some areas stuck like it was suppose to.

Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
looks like bad sealer.

did you talk too actual concrete guys or box store guys?
I bought everything from a concrete system place and bought what they said was the best sealer and what they recommended.

Reactions: MikeGaure
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I
Agree with getting 50% when they schedule. We do that on grout color seal as well.

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
I'm finally getting my patio slab poured in my backyard. The guy doing it has been very busy, but they are framing as we speak. My plans are to pour the slab now, then in a year or so when I get some extra cash to build a roof over it. I plan to stain the slab myself and it doesn't look too bad at all. But does anyone have any experience or tips to do this? How long after the slab is poured should I put on the stain? Within days or could it be months later? Any stains better than the other? If the stained slab is in the sun for a year or two before I build the roof, will the stain fade? And for what it's worth, the slab will be 16 x 24. Thanks in advance!

mrkavin

Banned
Jul 4, 2021
Real Name
kavin
I'm finally getting my patio slab poured in my backyard. The guy doing it has been very busy, but they are framing as we speak. My plans are to pour the slab now, then in a year or so when I get some extra cash to build a roof over it. I plan to stain the slab myself and it doesn't look too bad at all. But does anyone have any experience or tips to do this? How long after the slab is poured should I put on the stain? Within days or could it be months later? Any stains better than the other? If the stained slab is in the sun for a year or two before I build the roof, will the stain fade? And for what it's worth, the slab will be 16 x 24. Thanks in advance!
no response to this