Compliance Depot

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
Been a couple years since this subject was brought up so I figured I'd see if there had been any changes with CD since 2012. @dmreed4311 I know it varies by mgmt company but I'm probably signing on with them this week so I wanted to ask around.

Its at least a $30k/year account so obviously I'm gonna do it. Just really don't want to! I'll find out the ins requirements tomorrow from the PM. Currently I have $1mil GL, $1mil umbrella, and $500k auto liability. The only reason I got the umbrella policy was to service a $12k/year account that requires minimal time, but they're not with CD, just what they require so I figured I'd need it for others.

David, are all your PM accounts requiring 1mil auto? That's the one I really don't want to double. I will if I have to but damn when does it end.

These PM's must've read about Bobs van catching fire. Lmao.

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
Been a couple years since this subject was brought up so I figured I'd see if there had been any changes with CD since 2012. @dmreed4311 I know it varies by mgmt company but I'm probably signing on with them this week so I wanted to ask around.

Its at least a $30k/year account so obviously I'm gonna do it. Just really don't want to! I'll find out the ins requirements tomorrow from the PM. Currently I have $1mil GL, $1mil umbrella, and $500k auto liability. The only reason I got the umbrella policy was to service a $12k/year account that requires minimal time, but they're not with CD, just what they require so I figured I'd need it for others.

David, are all your PM accounts requiring 1mil auto? That's the one I really don't want to double. I will if I have to but damn when does it end.

These PM's must've read about Bobs van catching fire. Lmao.
A buddy of mine told me about this...
What's their deal...
I had totally forgotten all about this

Sent from my DROID RAZR using TMF Forums mobile app

Jimmy Hitt

Feb 9, 2014
Ashland City
Real Name
Jimmy Htt
Business Location
United States
I've dealt with them as an employee that did apartment complex CC sales and it was always a PIA. I'd normally just move to the next account but this ones too good to pass up. 20k sqft carpet hallways, 5k sqft tile, 300+ apartments. They accepted the bid and said corporate is looking into signing with CD. Have a feeling their current CC can't even get approved due to background check but they're not happy with their quality anyways. They completely suck at T&G and not very good on the carpet either.

I plan on pulling the trigger and signing up once PM gets it all ironed out but wanted to check here first. Heard few horror stories like them trying to withhold payment for various reasons, insurance required changed or paperwork didn't get processed etc.

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I just re-upped :p with them . Went back because of a PM I used to work for wanted me to come back. Minor PIA. Funn it should come up.

As I understand it , CD , just makes sure all the usual Red tape stuff is taken care of so the individual people at the properties should not have to deal with it. supposed ly CD is merely doing what each individual property would have you do/provide. Nice idea for the property. CD provides a service for the property and someone else need to pay for that service. Then they do a poor job of implementation.
Snags I ran into were mostly poor communication on CD's part. Provided all the information page told me , per the PM company. Was told several times, and I made sure, before I paid, that everything was in order. Then several days later I was notified of more paperwork needed.

the paperwork needed is usually just the ormal stuff you would need to provide anyway? But I have heard, noticed of requirementsby the PMs going up/ changing, slight variations in the wording which insurance people say makes a difference and coverage changed. Don't know if theis is due to CD being involved or not.

Reactions: Jimmy Hitt

Rick J

Jan 12, 2010
Ohio
Real Name
rick jones
Business Location
United States
I just last Friday recieved an on line survey from them asking about quality of service!!! Funny.
The PM's , I hear are not happy either. Main office yes, on the locations , not so much because they can't always get the vendors they would want. Often the vendor just does not want to take the extra steps dealing with that third party.

They merged a while back with O P s technology.
You would think someone else would see this and step in and do a better job.

dmreed4311

Premium VIP
May 3, 2010
Fl
Real Name
David Reed
Business Location
United States
Two of my accounts require 1 mill liability for auto.
compliance depot only costs 100 bucks a year but I always noticed that when a company started using CD the insurance requirements always went up, probably at the suggestion of CD.