Complete this sentence-I started my business because...

Turboman

Sep 28, 2011
Arizona
Real Name
Mark Markovic
Business Location
United States
I started my business when the month I got married (35 years ago) the house we were renting had a broken Rinse N Vac in a backyard storage building. I repaired the bad fitting and started cleaning the pest control customers homes I was servicing while working for a local company. looking back I'd say it was by accident that led me to a series of continuous encounters and ideas that just seemed to make sense. Ironically I read an article written by Rob Hanks about how he had begun his business with exactly the same portable extractor and inserted a photo of exactly the unit that launched me. Wierd how small things can launch huge things. Bridgewater Corp had it's roots and The Turbo-Hybrid had it's roots that this guy still uses today.

Oct 11, 2017
San Diego, California
www.GreggSargent.Com
Real Name
Gregg Sargent
Business Location
United States
I started cleaning carpets at age 21 while I was finishing my degree and after 7 months I said, why not start my own business. So I bought a small $25,000 a year carpet cleaning franchise. That was 18 years ago and I have been self employed ever since.

May 11, 2009
NC
precisionsteamcleaning.com
Real Name
Jim Williams
Business Location
United States
Was working as a Pepsi service tech for $8.60 an hour, got tired of being broke so started a chimney cleaning business. Did really well but very seasonal so I mowed grass in the summer months. Finally started looking for something cleaner to do and more of a year round income. Inherited some money so I started this business. I always knew I wanted to be self employed in a service type business, so now I'm living the dream!

crash1big

Mar 18, 2011
Illinois
Real Name
Marlan Brown
Business Location
United States
.......because I was 19 years old; couldnt find my butt with both hands and didn't know any better. My personality was too strong to work and argue with people I worked for; so I decided to put my ideas to work for me. Not all my ideas were good but along the way (by trial and error) I took the good ideas and created a system that works. 34 years later I am here; still working on better ideas.....:)

Jim Rubin

Nov 15, 2017
Real Name
Gena
I am stuck with all commercial add around network,it is kinda confusing and blowing my brain.... and decided to post my questions here.
So, I am Jim and have been in general commercial cleaning business 5 years, including and not limited with general cleaning of commercial offices, also carpet and hard floor cleaning, and strip and wax hard floors. And now, I want something bigger and profitable then that. So, I found this place and looking for good professional advice to start "direct" carpet &hard floor cleaning business. But I am not sure what should to choice: what kind of truck mounted system is the better??? what van is best and portable??? trailer??? chemicals for carpets?
I am going to take some classes for hard floor and carpet cleaning
? and planning to have a business plan...
So, advice please.

Thanks to all.

Anderson

Aug 16, 2006
Belton Texas
I am stuck with all commercial add around network,it is kinda confusing and blowing my brain.... and decided to post my questions here.
So, I am Jim and have been in general commercial cleaning business 5 years, including and not limited with general cleaning of commercial offices, also carpet and hard floor cleaning, and strip and wax hard floors. And now, I want something bigger and profitable then that. So, I found this place and looking for good professional advice to start "direct" carpet &hard floor cleaning business. But I am not sure what should to choice: what kind of truck mounted system is the better??? what van is best and portable??? trailer??? chemicals for carpets?
I am going to take some classes for hard floor and carpet cleaning
? and planning to have a business plan...
So, advice please.

Thanks to all.
Use Robs special formula and grout cleaner.....
Prespot with the 2 mixed.......
Use your buffer with special formula in tank......
Rinse with portable.......
Get a used portable and dont spend over 1500$$$
Start there on the jobs you already have and see how that works,,,,!!!!!

Vrich187

Dec 25, 2017
Real Name
Vince Richardson
Because my brother and I have worked fairly lousy jobs our whole life and decided to start a business that we controlled.

Feb 22, 2018
Real Name
Josh Adkins
I started my own business because I was tired of not earning a living wage. After eight years of working for someone else I finally got the courage up to quit and start my own business. That was three months ago.

Marsh man

Jan 28, 2018
Real Name
Marshall scott
Starting it now because for the past 30+ years I have helped others build their businesses’. I figure its time I build my own.