comparying preload and flex with citrus | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

comparying preload and flex with citrus

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
Flex is a joke when comparing it to pl5 AND pl2. Just do some research on the pics of both of them.

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
I liked the Flex better myself. Have used the TMF stuff on 1 job each, tile and carpet. Was not impressed so far but 1 job is really not enough field testing.
All I know is when I tried the preload on an olefin rug it still had dark greasy spots left which I hit with a fels bar. After I finished cleaning the rug it looked like some areas did not clean up well, so I did the rug again the next day with Flex and the rug looked brand new after.

I mixed Preload at specified ratios on the jug,(strong side) . So what went wrong?

Reactions: Artie09 and Scott W

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
I used them both on a nasty last week and split the room.. I saw no difference.. if I see more of a difference with further testing I may keep both, otherwise I may go to flex with Cs for nasties as it dissolves easier and smells better.. I don't see keeping two products with a super high ph.. I wish the pl was more of an ultrapac replacement as in lower ph, but still kicks ass.. I'd buy that all day long as it is so much more cost effective than ultrapac, but a ph of 12?
It has a lot to like other than that, non foamy, booster already in it..
By the way, maybe a question for Scott w. if you add boost to ultrapac which is 9.5, what ph does your RTU solution end up being?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
a question for Scott w. if you add boost to ultrapac which is 9.5, what ph does your RTU solution end up being?
Depends what booster and how much you add. For mush oxygen boosters added according to label directions, you will be close to 10.0.

Reactions: Fedri

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
that's not too bad.. I knew it went up some.. ultrapac is a great product, and with the mint fresh, I don't have to add any deodorizer to it, for the extra 3$ it's worth it to have it already in there .. not to mention not to many things blend well with the smell of ultrapac, but the mint does..
It's just that it costs like $1.06 per RTU gallon.. preload is like 1/3 that much and gets the job done, but still when I'm in a really nice home with light carpets, I tend to go with ultrapac as I'm a little uncomfortable using a 12ph.. It's probably ok, but I tend to air on the side of caution.
I wonder if a lower ph version that still cleans well is in the works or could be? It seems to me that ultrapac cleans just as well without needing the high ph, so it is chemically possible. I wonder if it requires more expensive chemicals to achieve it, or if it's made in a powder form if it could still be significantly less costly?

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
that's not too bad.. I knew it went up some.. ultrapac is a great product, and with the mint fresh, I don't have to add any deodorizer to it, for the extra 3$ it's worth it to have it already in there .. not to mention not to many things blend well with the smell of ultrapac, but the mint does..
It's just that it costs like $1.06 per RTU gallon.. preload is like 1/3 that much and gets the job done, but still when I'm in a really nice home with light carpets, I tend to go with ultrapac as I'm a little uncomfortable using a 12ph.. It's probably ok, but I tend to air on the side of caution.
I wonder if a lower ph version that still cleans well is in the works or could be? It seems to me that ultrapac cleans just as well without needing the high ph, so it is chemically possible. I wonder if it requires more expensive chemicals to achieve it, or if it's made in a powder form if it could still be significantly less costly?
Matrix Grandslam SC is the same as Ultrapak and it is cheaper than the Ultrapak also! I had both on the bench in cups and you would not know which is which. The same for the cleaning results, you would not know which brand you had presprayed with. If there is a difference(every supplier will say they are different) it is not enough in the end results to matter! Save a few bucks and try the Matrix Grandslam SC from Jon don.

I had 1 supplier tell me that there is not that many chem companys and alot "not all",of the detergents are the same with different company labels!

aloha one

Scrub a DUB DUB!
Feb 17, 2009
California
Real Name
Dave Moonan
Business Location
United States
I wonder if a lower ph version that still cleans well is in the works or could be? It seems to me that ultrapac cleans just as well without needing the high ph, so it is chemically possible. I wonder if it requires more expensive chemicals to achieve it, or if it's made in a powder form if it could still be significantly less costly?[/QUOTE

Any chem in powder form will almost Always be less expensive..as you are adding your Own Water! Same apples to shipping.

Steamin' Seaman

Jun 15, 2010
Maine
Real Name
Buddy
Business Location
United States
I mix when I am trying to clean the trash off from the shelves.

Not ready to trash anything yet....further testing is required!
I am not sure if you would want to mix chems like that. You might get a chemical reaction that may not be good.
Kinda like bleach and dawn....

Artie09

Premium VIP
Dec 17, 2012
Azusa , CA
Real Name
Arturo Ortiz jr.
Business Location
United States
I didn't like preload 5 very much. Well, not enough to make it my everyday pre spray. I like flex powder better.
I did use up a whole jar of preload 5. It cleaned as it states which means it didn't fail but comparing it to flex, id prefer flex.
This is just my opinion.

jwargo1967

Nov 13, 2011
florida
Real Name
Joseph Wargo
Business Location
United States
right, and that's what I like about pl, just ph kinda high

russrroberts

Jan 30, 2014
Prescott, AZ
www.steamnfresh.com
Real Name
Russell
Business Location
United States
Matrix Grandslam SC is the same as Ultrapak and it is cheaper than the Ultrapak also! I had both on the bench in cups and you would not know which is which. The same for the cleaning results, you would not know which brand you had presprayed with. If there is a difference(every supplier will say they are different) it is not enough in the end results to matter! Save a few bucks and try the Matrix Grandslam SC from Jon don.

I had 1 supplier tell me that there is not that many chem companys and alot "not all",of the detergents are the same with different company labels!
To add to that, Jondon private labels many of Prochems chemical line. Matrix enzyme pre-spray is Power Burst, All fiber rinse speaks for itself, as stated earlier grand slam, matrix outset is kleenrite's RTU upholstery pre-spray, they copy all of the stain magic specialty bottles. They premix Scotch gard and it's called Fiber Guard. There's usually always a cheaper matrix product or something "similar" from another company that's a few dollars cheaper.

I am all in favor of supporting JD help me save a few bucks on chemistry. It helps when customers are penny pinching. As long as we get favorable results, and keep the customers happy who cares what label is on it!

cleaningcolin

Jan 23, 2019
croteaucleaning.ca
Real Name
Colin
I know is this is quite some time after the fact - but looking at the SDS sheets side by side , it appears as if Preload 5 (which I tried on an olefin rug with excellent results) is flex with citrus.

The SDS specs are literally identical except for decimal points on certain aspects. Not to mention that off the website I got both SDS sheets from, the Preload 5 is called “Bridgepoint Truckmount Forums Preload 5”

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I liked the Flex better myself. Have used the TMF stuff on 1 job each, tile and carpet. Was not impressed so far but 1 job is really not enough field testing.
All I know is when I tried the preload on an olefin rug it still had dark greasy spots left which I hit with a fels bar. After I finished cleaning the rug it looked like some areas did not clean up well, so I did the rug again the next day with Flex and the rug looked brand new after.

I mixed Preload at specified ratios on the jug,(strong side) . So what went wrong?
Did you agitate thoroughly?

Not questioning your work at all.

I have not had the privilege in trying any of the preload versions.
I bought a large amount of Flex w/citrus solve before TMF products came out.
So far I cannot say flex is supreme but I dont have anything to compare it to. Until I use up my surplus.

I will say this,
I have boosted it with other products to see if results would improve and I have gotten mixed results.

I do like Flex and and Flex ICE ( I dont like the scent/smell of Ice) but I dont have anything to compare it to.

sbsscn

Sep 17, 2009
california
Real Name
Arm Ben
Business Location
United States
I have never gotten Flex W citrus to mix well. It always gets a thick slurry film on top.

Is that normal?

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
So can the Flex also be used on Tile?
Flex Powder is often used on ceramic tile. Some chose this so they have one less product to carry. Viper VEnom Powder is similar but with different surfactant made for grout rather than for fibers. Works even better,

Reactions: Swani21