Commission sales

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
How do you guys feel about a part time sales man? I have a unique position in that I clean carpets on the side and work full time. This lends itself well to smaller commercial offices and such since they normally want it done in the evening after closing anyway. However, I never have the opportunity to go out and sell myself. I'm also too introverted to go do a good job of it anyway. I'm think a part time, commission only position. They could go out door to door, meet and greet, measure and take a few pictures if there's an interest, and I can follow up with a quote. I'm thinking abou t paying maybe 10 to 15% commission on every booking and supplying them with a small budget for meals, gifts to bring, etc. What do you think, anyone done something similar?

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G891A using TMF Forums mobile app

mikevee

Jul 31, 2015
Real Name
micheal villones
I was in the same position as you until recently however, I love to sell and am an extrovert.
I have a guy that sells for me b2b that is on a 10% commission. For ever 10k he books he gets an extra $750.
He is a realtor and focuses mostly on that, but when he wants he can make some decent coin selling for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using TMF Forums mobile app

MikeGaure

... ... ... ...
Premium VIP
Nov 23, 2015
Real Name
Mike
I've had two and they drummed up business pretty quick. Only thing is sometimes some salespeople can be aggressive. I personally hate high pressure sales.

Our guys did well but it is something you have to monitor closely.

The other thing is can you handle the additional workload being a part time cleaner?

A good salesman worth his/her salt loves being commission only since it doesn't limit them. They will quickly bog you down with a workload you hadn't expected

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
I was in the same position as you until recently however, I love to sell and am an extrovert.
I have a guy that sells for me b2b that is on a 10% commission. For ever 10k he books he gets an extra $750.
He is a realtor and focuses mostly on that, but when he wants he can make some decent coin selling for me.

Sent from my SM-G930P using TMF Forums mobile app
Nice that's about what I'm looking for, I can't support someone looking for a primary income but am looking to add 3 to 4 grand in jobs a month. That's a few hundred dollars for someone out there.

Mrs.SpeedySteamer

Moderator ~ And Most Awesome Member
Apr 26, 2012
Somewhere over the Rainbow
www.ezdesignmarketing.com
Real Name
Tiffany
Business Location
United States
How do you guys feel about a part time sales man? I have a unique position in that I clean carpets on the side and work full time. This lends itself well to smaller commercial offices and such since they normally want it done in the evening after closing anyway. However, I never have the opportunity to go out and sell myself. I'm also too introverted to go do a good job of it anyway. I'm think a part time, commission only position. They could go out door to door, meet and greet, measure and take a few pictures if there's an interest, and I can follow up with a quote. I'm thinking abou t paying maybe 10 to 15% commission on every booking and supplying them with a small budget for meals, gifts to bring, etc. What do you think, anyone done something similar?

Been there done that... I recommend doing hourly + commission. If you do commission only you can have people that are really pushy with your clients. This can put a bad taste in the clients mouth...