Commercial glue down carpet

BigLou

Jul 7, 2011
FL
Real Name
Luis Canino
Business Location
United States
I had a call this morning from a physical therapy business she stated that she had commercial glue down Carpet and it Had to be cleaned by the host method. I was unsure so I asked her to email me the dimensions and assess and I could give her a quote I first waned to know can I clean this carpet using HWE with m truck mount and second how much should I bid on this job it is a physical therapy clinic and 2500 to 3000 sq ft. I was thinking in the neighborhood of .20 a sq ft but I may be high any help is appreciated.

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
$.20 sounds about right, that is where I would start anyway ad if they are hesitant maybe negotiate down to .15 if it gets you the job. Who told her she had to use the HOST products? Depending on the condition of the carpet HWE should be just fine, sometimes I have found that encapsulation works well on comercial glue down, but if it is heavily soiled and has been a long time since last cleaning I would start with HWE. I had a comercial job a couple months ago that I used HWE on and it looked great right after cleaning, but as is often the case with CGD carpet I had an issue with soil wicking back to the surface after drying. I went back and used encapsulation and it fixed the problem.

shane deubell

Premium VIP
May 8, 2006
Real Name
Business Location
United States
probably miliken, they sell "franchises" so they recommend themselves

If they will not allow HWE then encap it, we have a couple customers like this. Why argue? we just say yeah we can do that too

BigLou

Jul 7, 2011
FL
Real Name
Luis Canino
Business Location
United States
They never got back to me after sending the estimate i guess you can't win them all, on a positive note i am beginning to become busier and actually making money

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
Although it is not my preferred method for most situations, the Host or dry powders products are useful in some situations.

Just last week one of our divisions introduced a product that combines dry powder cleaning (Looks a lot like Host.No corn cobs) with encapsulation cleaning. The product is worked into the carpet with a counter-rotating brush.

One of the drawbacks of Host, Capture and similar products was that they would get down into the base of the carpet and become difficult to remove by vacuum. Our new dry powder product stays in the upper part of the carpet for easier removal.