Commercial Door Lock

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
So this topic comes up a handful of times in a search, all in old dead threads. And looking closely I can only find one or two similar products and all very expensive. I've designed a door lock that will allow commercial (or residential) doors to be locked in a position that is between 3 and 8 inches open, allowing for hoses to pass thru while maintaining a secure environment. I did this because I have 2 local banks that I do after hours and wanted something so I feel safe, and the only similar product I could find that is still on the market is the prop-n-lock and it is close to $500. So, If I could produce this item and keep it under say 200bucks, is there a market for it?

I would rather not post pictures because there are some parts of the design I am pursuing a utility patent on.

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
If it works and can be sold and distributed under $200 it should be very popular.

Many inventors forget the costs of marketing, shipping the product to distributors, mark-up and profit for distributors, freight costs and such. You would need to build it for $65 to $70 if you wanted to make a profit selling near $200.

If you are interested in distribution, talk to us at Interlink / Aramsco. Perhaps Rob has an interest as well.

PhilipW

Nov 29, 2015
South Carolina
Real Name
Philip wallman
Business Location
United States
If it works and can be sold and distributed under $200 it should be very popular.

Many inventors forget the costs of marketing, shipping the product to distributors, mark-up and profit for distributors, freight costs and such. You would need to build it for $65 to $70 if you wanted to make a profit selling near $200.

If you are interested in distribution, talk to us at Interlink / Aramsco. Perhaps Rob has an interest as well.
Thanks Scott
Actually it was one of your old posts (I think probably 10 years old) that I found when I googled the subject, and it looked like you guys couldn't' get the cost in line. I have a prototype made and I'm working on some standardization with off the shelf components so I can hopefully get the cost to manufacture down around the 65-75 dollar mark. I'm not concerned with making a living off it, just thought the group could use it since I am finding it useful.