Commercial carpet question

ddearth

Jan 1, 2012
Indiana
Real Name
Darin Dearth
Business Location
United States
I recently recieved a call from a factory about cleaning all their office carpets. Stanley Steamer got the job before, however they are very unhappy with their results. I have a TM and thats my perferred method of cleaning, however I am afraid I will have the same results as Stanley. Maybe bonnet cleaning would be better? Or encap? The carpet is the commercial grade over concrete. Any suggestions on method of cleaning and or cheimicals would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks again

Steve Toburen

Strategies for Success
Jul 15, 2008
Santiago, Dominican Republic
www.StrategiesForSuccess.com
Real Name
Steve Toburen
Business Location
Dominican Republic
Rent or borrow a Cimex and try it on a small commercial gluedown Olefin carpet. My guess is you will never go back to a TM on these jobs. Encapping is faster, cheaper, has much fewer wick backs and a much better appearance level. Encapping is just another tool in your cleaning arsenal.

Steve Toburen
www.SFS.https://shop.truckmountforums.com.com

PS Jeff Cutshall has written on how encapsulation transformed his business.

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
I've tried a couple different encap solutions, and Releasit DS2 is amazing. The nice thing is it has a fluourochemical in the solution, so you can offer protectant "At No Additional Cost". Just be sure to add 1 or 2 cents per square to your normal price for it.

Nick P

Sep 30, 2008
Florida
Real Name
Nick Palumbo
Business Location
United States
Also vacaway products for encapping they are awesome!!!! They will keep calling you back!

ddearth

Jan 1, 2012
Indiana
Real Name
Darin Dearth
Business Location
United States
I just talked to a friend thats in the carpet cleaning business also. He also has a TM. His opinion is to use an oelfin pre-spray with my truckmount. Not encap. Any thoughts on this?

Thanks

Joseph Rogers

Premium VIP
Dec 9, 2010
VA
Real Name
Jim Bob
Business Location
United States
Pre-scrub and TM, we prefer to use encap detergents but 25% of the time will use grand slam/deodorizer and an acid rinse.
Depends on job and time of year

No ****? Which detergents do you use? I know you were *****ing about how nobody "gets it" the other day, and have been turning that over in my head.

Was talking to Excellent Supply the other day, and they (whoever answered the phone) said that doing that is kind of pointless, since you're rinsing it out. Have you found it helpful for wickback and such?

matt30577

Premium VIP
Dec 21, 2009
georgia
Real Name
matt wood
Business Location
United States
From what little I know about encap, if the carpet hasn't been cleaned in a long time and it looks terrible, a tm should be used. If it wasn't too long ago (6 months or less), then it's better to encap.

Feel free to correct me if I"m wrong, that's just what I"ve heard