Come on Virginia, you're better than dilation & after birth abortion | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Come on Virginia, you're better than dilation & after birth abortion

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
Much like the ever-touted Gambler's Fallacy, one's belief or disbelief in specific areas does not impact their stance on something completely unrelated. Hence, asking about one and pointing at it as relative to the other is a straw-man argument at best, and deflection at worst.

True, but what's being discussed here is not completely different and/ or unrelated.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
True, but what's being discussed here is not completely different and/ or unrelated.
Conspiracies are not solely perpetuated by conservatives. Some of the most Alex-Jones-Info-Wars-quoting maniacs I have ever met have been liberal in the extreme. Whether anyone believes in any given conspiracy doesn't stem from their red or blue status.

I always liked the old joke that NASA hired Kubrick to fake the moon landing... but he was such a perfectionist that he insisted on doing it on lcation.

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
Conspiracies are not solely perpetuated by conservatives. Some of the most Alex-Jones-Info-Wars-quoting maniacs I have ever met have been liberal in the extreme. Whether anyone believes in any given conspiracy doesn't stem from their red or blue status.

I always liked the old joke that NASA hired Kubrick to fake the moon landing... but he was such a perfectionist that he insisted on doing it on lcation.
Lol!

They said Russian interference was a conspiracy, but turns out it's true, Putin did all he could do to get trump elected.

There are many right wingers who make a living pushing conspiracies. Name some on the left.

Sorry, ours aren't as hateful and crazy as Pizzagate, school shooting red flags, Jewish crisis actors in Charlottesville, and Clinton body count. Correct me If I'm wrong.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
There are many right wingers who make a living pushing conspiracies. Name some on the left.
Mike Gravel
Tammy Baldwin/Bernie Sanders (supporting Solo Littlejohn)

Here's a breakdown of how, precisely, each political identification responds to different forms of conspiracy:

The partisan contours of conspiracty theories

Edited to add: The most fascinating thing about this report (aside from the fact that the publisher admits a Democratic bias) is that each side thinks the other side has stronger tendencies toward conspiratorial belief than than they actually do... but when asked themselves, they rank themselves lower on the scale.

Last edited:

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
Mike Gravel
Tammy Baldwin/Bernie Sanders (supporting Solo Littlejohn)

Here's a breakdown of how, precisely, each political identification responds to different forms of conspiracy:

The partisan contours of conspiracty theories

Never heard of Mike Gravel or Solo Littlejohn, or anything Tammy Baldwin has said. I guess it helps the right to have the echo chamber that is fox news.

None of what you listed above has any legs. Nobody here has heard of them and I definitely don't quote them as fact and I have never heard anyone else mention them.

The Clinton body count is mentioned on this site as fact by many and don't forget about Benghazi, liberal media bias, Trump winning the popular vote, 2-16 million illegal votes for Hillary(dear leader is pushing this one now), Pizzagate, QAnon, Epstein assassination, black helicopters, mass shooting red flags, Trump really won NH, Obama not born here, and Seth Rich assassination.

There's a guy here who believes Obama was a lady and his wife Michelle was a man. Just what he says. To believe all from the right and trump you must believe every bit of over 20 conspiracies(these are the ones that Trump believes).

Yes...I can list them if you want.

I swear, I met a conservative who said Obama was an alien...no not from another country...from another planet and I don't think this guy was crazy.

Mama...not very convincing, Have you ever heard me quoting a conspiracy other than Trump offing Epstein...and that was for fun.

I give you credit(hand clap, but no standing ovation) you found something, an obscure paper.

No...you guys take the cake and win the contest.

Last edited:

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
Never heard of Mike Gravel or Solo Littlejohn, or anything Tammy Baldwin has said. I guess it helps the right to have the echo chamber that is fox news.

None of what you listed above has any legs. Nobody here has heard of them and I definitely don't quote them as fact and I have never heard anyone else mention them.

The Clinton body count is mentioned on this site as fact by many and don't forget about Benghazi, liberal media bias, Trump winning the popular vote, 2-16 million illegal votes for Hillary(dear leader is pushing this one now), Pizzagate, QAnon, Epstein assassination, black helicopters, mass shooting red flags, Trump really won NH, Obama not born here, and Seth Rich assassination.

There's a guy here who believes Obama was a lady and his wife Michelle was a man. Just what he says. To believe all from the right and trump you must believe every bit of over 20 conspiracies(these are the ones that Trump believes).

Yes...I can list them if you want.

I swear, I met a conservative who said Obama was an alien...no not from another country...from another planet and I don't think this guy was crazy.

Mama...not very convincing, Have you ever heard me quoting a conspiracy other than Trump offing Epstein...and that was for fun.

I give you credit(hand clap, but no standing ovation) you found something, an obscure paper.

No...you guys take the cake and win the contest.
"You guys" - I am neither male nor affiliated with either the Democrat or Republican party. And obscure or not, I'll put any published study up against a fellow who claims he met a fellow who says so-n-so is an alien.

This desperate need to lump all people into one category or another is rather sad.

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
"You guys" - I am neither male nor affiliated with either the Democrat or Republican party. And obscure or not, I'll put any published study up against a fellow who claims he met a fellow who says so-n-so is an alien.

This desperate need to lump all people into one category or another is rather sad.
I didn't say it, a conservative/ republican said it. Don't blame me for any more crazy RW conspiracies lol besides who published the study? You cannot question me about the guy here saying both Obamas are transsexuals because you probably saw it.

I'm a liberal and I don't care if I'm described as one. I'm confused as to why a conservative would take offense to being described as a conservative. Even if one believed in a few liberal ideas if the vast majority of their views are conservative guess what.

We keep hearing how farmers are conservative, but man they have no trouble taking subsidies from the government to make themselves more profitable, help from the government/ help from us...money...taxes...hmm.

I don't hear you question anyone except me so we don't appear to agree or be on the same side as far as the debate goes.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
I didn't say it, a conservative/ republican said it. Don't blame me for any RW conspiracies lol besides who published the study? You cannot question me about the the guy here saying both Obamas are transsexuals because you probably saw it.

I'm a liberal and I don't care if I'm described as one. I'm confused as to why a conservative would take offense to being described as a conservative. Even if one believed in a few liberal ideas if the vast majority of their views are conservative guess what.

We keep hearing how farmers are conservative, but man they have no trouble taking subsidies from the government to make themselves more profitable, help from the government/ help from us...money...taxes...hmmm.

I don't hear you question anyone except me so we don't appear to agree or be on the same side as far as the debate goes.
Oh, I question just about everyone - And frankly what little I have expressed here regarding my views doesn't give you enough data to classify me as ANYTHING, except cisgender female.

And in today's society, even that appears to be up for debate.

Reactions: keep it clean

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
Spazz you're back.

The products that we're buying now cost more in terms of the currency we're spending. Nothing has increased our purchasing power(our purchasing power has gone down).

Just because China's costs to produce increases and they charge more...it doesn't mean we're not paying more. China may be paying a price(lower profits)...but that increased price is NOT going into our pockets to offset trump's tariffs.

He's got you believing as you're paying more...that you are really paying less.

Spit out the kool aid, quick...lest you die!
clearly you did not address what I wrote. My guess is you did not even take the time to understand it.

Oh well..................

Mama pegged you already. All you ever have are strawman arguments deflection or insults. Nice.

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
@Mama Fen
That southern charm. I love it. Wish I had it.

A few weeks back in another thread you asked why I was so direct with Ed. Well I just don't have the charm and grace god blessed you with..........

When someone is trying to discuss something serious and if full of BS and is called on it and won't debate the issue at hand instead turning to insults and other idiotic debate tactics one takes when losing a debate, I dont have the words you do. I simply Call it how I see it. If it offends, I am ok with that.

Out of curiosity though........
Do you believe that groups of super wealthy do NOT work together or conspire for their common good and goals????

It is human nature and how we have arrived where we are today in modern society. It is through conspiring and creating new institutions (conspiracy theories) that once realized have propelled modern society forward. That is the way we as species and then society work together to achieve a goal greater than one could achieve alone.

I think that would be naive to believe they did not have their own business networks and online forums.......isn't that what TMF is. Bunch of folks in the cleaning industry trying to figure it all out and work together or conspire to make our own businesses and lives better.........

you don't think the super wealthy do the same???

Just something to think about.

Last edited:

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
nukes.jpg

OxiFreshGuy

Nov 12, 2016
Real Name
Matthew Frein
Business Location
United States
@Spazznout well yeah...everything is essentially a construct of the human mind.

I think the problem is people assume there is some "evil" force behind these institutions. I've been in the higher levels of a healthcare company and was privileged in on conversations between CEO, VP's, Directors etc - I can tell you they were generally about the GREATER GOOD and at the same time these people were Pragmatic and understood sometimes hard choices had to be made.

But listening to the employees at the bottom you would think they were the most bloodsucking evil corporate people on the planet.

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
@Mama Fen
That southern charm. I love it. Wish I had it.

A few weeks back in another thread you asked why I was so direct with Ed. Well I just don't have the charm and grace god blessed you with..........

When someone is trying to discuss something serious and if full of BS and is called on it and won't debate the issue at hand instead turning to insults and other idiotic debate tactics one takes when losing a debate, I dont have the words you do. I simply Call it how I see it. If it offends, I am ok with that.

Out of curiosity though........
Do you believe that groups of super wealthy do NOT work together or conspire for their common good and goals????

It is human nature and how we have arrived where we are today in modern society. It is through conspiring and creating new institutions (conspiracy theories) that once realized have propelled modern society forward. That is the way we as species and then society work together to achieve a goal greater than one could achieve alone.

I think that would be naive to believe they did not have their own business networks and online forums.......isn't that what TMF is. Bunch of folks in the cleaning industry trying to figure it all out and work together or conspire to make our own businesses and lives better.........

you don't think the super wealthy do the same???

Just something to think about.
You charmer, you, lol. I wish I could claim that Southern gentility of which you speak, but alas I was raised in Pittsburgh. Maybe the climate down here is finally rubbing off on me.

Or perhaps I just try to treat everyone as if they were about to turn the corner and be standing right in front of me (after all, you never know who's gonna walk in your front door... right, Rob?)

Stephen King may be 99% schlock, but every now and then he comes up with a brief touch of genius (a bit like the monkeys and Shakespeare, methinks). And one of the latter is this, from The Stand:

"Show me a man or a woman alone and I'll show you a saint. Give me two and they'll fall in love. Give me three and they'll invent the charming thing we call 'society'. Give me four and they'll build a pyramid. Give me five and they'll make one an outcast. Give me six and they'll reinvent prejudice. Give me seven and in seven years they'll reinvent warfare. Man may have been made in the image of God, but human society was made in the image of His opposite number, and is always trying to get back home."

Like Glen Bateman above, I believe that each individual person intends at heart to be a good person. And in small groups we sometimes do beautiful things together.

But get enough people together and someone invariably starts acting out, either from some feeling of inferiority or jealousy, or to make themselves 'stand out in the crowd'. Get enough of those folks together, you now have a society-within-a-society that is determined to keep themselves apart by any means necessary.

In short, do I believe in conspiracies? Oh, absolutely. They aren't unique to the human condition, either - there's a great deal of evidence that Old World monkeys are capable of illicit sexual affairs, theft, warfare, and murder.

But I always operate under the assumption that any given person with whom I am communicating is doing so from that single person perspective of saintliness... until they prove me wrong.

I accepted a long time ago that discussing politics or religion is hardly ever going to end well. No one person is going to change the other party's mind, and yet we're so darn determined to try to do so, and everyone winds up aggravated in the process. So I simply sit back and let people make up their own minds, and I only tend to step in if I see people getting heated to the point of anger. I'll try to diffuse that anger if I can, and at least attempt to make people stop and think rather than feel - if it doesn't work, then at least I tried.

Reactions: Spazznout

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States

The defense contractors that developed the missile technology sold it to China and they alone benefited (could not be forced to), probably lobbied to make the sale, you know more profits.

Funded by billions given away to Iran, lol how does that happened lol? What is your source(you won't put one, guaranteed) The money that Iran got for the Nuclear deal was their own money that was unfrozen.

Totally debunked. No uranium has changed hands and Hillary cannot unilaterally approve a sale like this.

Somehow trump a Traitor, yes when he chooses Putin over the USA, guess what.

Are you ever going to list all of the conspiracies you believe in? No guts.

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
All conspiracies aren't created equal.

Of course, people getting together to push forward and promote their beliefs does happen...there is nothing wrong with this.

I have a problem when the above is shrouded in secrecy and is pushed forward with dark money, propaganda and provable lies.

To use outlandish stories such as Pizzagate, QAnon, millions of illegal votes, and 100s of assassinations and push them as absolute proven fact is where the problem is.

Many will latch on to the above to justify an inner hate and cynicism. The right just seems more vulnerable to this trap judging by what they state.

Don't get pushing/planning/ lobbying for better roads mixed up with the ridiculous claims of QAnon.

The difference is biggly.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Larsox the ''ANGRY'' Liberal. Did you get a trophy for losing ?

th (59).jpg

larsox

Nov 20, 2010
CA
Real Name
Larry Ochsner
Business Location
United States
Trump Admin Gives OK to Sell Nuclear Tech to build a bomb to Saudis.

We know what Trump and Jared received for the above. This to a country who attacked us 0n 9/11 plus their women's right's go through the ceiling and roof.

Oooh but women can drive there now.

george8585

Feb 27, 2011
Earth
Real Name
George
Business Location
United States
Thank You God for President Trump and First Lady Melania

donald-trump-melania-together-again.jpg