Color loss

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Tyler776c

Apr 4, 2018
Real Name
Rob driskill
I used grand slam pre-spray by matrix on a wool area rug. Solid color rug. Could that cause color loss? It is 9.5 ph

Todd the Cleaner

Todd Cottino
Staff member
Administrator
Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2011
Pahrump, Nevada, United States
www.toddscleaningservice.com
Real Name
Todd Cottino
Business Location
United States
I used grand slam pre-spray by matrix on a wool area rug. Solid color rug. Could that cause color loss? It is 9.5 ph
Very possible. If the rug has unstable dyes even water could cause color loss. Always be sure to test dyes on rugs for possible bleeding or color loss prior to cleaning.

ccclean

Mar 12, 2016
Real Name
Stephen Boisvert
Definitely but color loss is not as worrisome as bleeding. aka fugitive colors

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I don't recommend using Grand Slam on wool, but if you rinsed it well, preferably with an acid rinse, it shouldn't cause color loss. I think Matrix Accomplish works well on wool. I like Matrix All Fiber Rinse to rinse it with. At any rate, I'd choose something else for wool. If something does go wrong it will be your fault.

Last edited:

Scott W

Preferred Vendor
Premium VIP
Feb 14, 2006
West Jordan, UT
www.interlinksupply.com
Part of any result on wool rugs can be what was used before. Sometimes the problems caused by cleaning with a high pH cleaner don't show up until the next cleaning when dyes that have been damaged wash away. The point is that what you are cleaning with now is not the only explanation for what may cause color loss. It could have been the last guy. You are just the one who is in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Always test any cleaner in a small area, even if you are sure it was safe for wool.