Color loss on Wool Rug DUE Tuesday?! Please HELP ! | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Color loss on Wool Rug DUE Tuesday?! Please HELP !

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
Another possibility is a violent reaction. When Harry Home Owner uses crap like resolve and then the residue just lays there, it will offen react to professional cleaning agents in a violent way. Most of the time that reaction will cause "Reactive Yellowing". Other times color loss. Hard to be completely certain without asking investigative questions to the owner and of course, seeing it in person.
After reading the original post I tend to think a reaction either to a previously used spotter or to the original stain makes more sense. I didn't pick up on the Trashed Green TLC because he called it a spotter. If I understand correctly the entire rug was treated ( notice I didn't say pretreated :p) with Trashed Green. I also know from personal experience this may have happened no matter what TLC was used to treat the rug even one certified Wool Safe. I don't want anyone to think I'm picking on Trashed Green or Magic Wand. I think they're good people with some quality products.

I've seen color completely removed during cleaning only on the spots where the customer has tried something themselves to get a spot out. The color looks fine until you go over it with your wand or other tools and then it comes right out. I've also seen where chems have been spilled on carpets and color is removed. They often look fine until you clean it. He said there were 2 other spots that were not affected so something is going on with that particular spot as well as the viscose it's likely on. A chemical reaction between the peroxide and the stain is probably the most likely IMHO.

Last edited:
Reactions: OldCarpetVet

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
After reading the original post I tend to think a reaction either to a previously used spotter or to the original stain makes more sense. I didn't pick up on the Trashed Green TLC because he called it a spotter. If I understand correctly the entire rug was treated ( notice I didn't say pretreated :p) with Trashed Green. I also know from personal experience this may have happened no matter what TLC was used to treat the rug even one certified Wool Safe. I don't want anyone to think I'm picking on Trashed Green or Magic Wand. I think they're good people with some quality products.

I've seen color completely removed during cleaning only on the spots where the customer has tried something themselves to get a spot out. The color looks fine until you go over it with your wand or other tools and then it comes right out. I've also seen where chems have been spilled on carpets and color is removed. They often look fine until you clean it. He said there were 2 other spots that were not affected so something is going on with that particular spot as well as the viscose it's likely on. A chemical reaction between the peroxide and the stain is probably the most likely IMHO.
You are spot on correct, Randy.
And YES! I noticed. I notice everything. I was trained to. I'm impressed. TLC! TLC!! TLC!!!(y):p

Ed Cruz

Aug 1, 2013
CT
Real Name
Ed Cruz
Just match/color it in and be done with it. I had to do that on a piece of crap wool oriental that the maker colored in and just washed away when I washed it. I essentially re spot colored the same spots as the overseas rug maker when making it.

Reactions: wandwizard