Cobb Powermax, and RSF free and clear mix?

Welcome to our Community
Wanting to join the rest of our members? Feel free to sign up today.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
H202 is what I use as my oxidizer. I get from the pool supply store or at Sally's Beauty Supply. The pool supply stuff is more powerful and a little bit cheaper.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
H202 is what I use as my oxidizer. I get from the pool supply store or at Sally's Beauty Supply. The pool supply stuff is more powerful and a little bit cheaper.
Cobb's liquid version is 50 volume with stabilizers and penetrants in it.
Better and safer than Sally's or pool supply.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
It is called Powder Brightener but it is not a optical brightener. It is a Oxidizer.
Got it .Ordered my first pail of Powermax. I don't doubt that is going to be as good as advertised . We'll see if I can pair it with an oxidizer at hand...
Is it my experience only? Do those products( oxidizers) have a tendency to clump, or I'm lucky to get an older batch?

smart n kleen

Smart N Kleen
Premium VIP
Mar 12, 2010
oregon
Real Name
Rick K
Business Location
United States
Cobb has a Powdered Brightener if you want to boost the Powermax.
I only use it if there are numerous coffee or pet stains or a light carpet that needs a little boost.
Most of the time I just add a couple extra scoops of Powermax for heavier soiling.
I boost my powermax with viper citrus. I will also add Cobb brightener if needed.

Kevin Dumas

Aug 31, 2008
Binghamton, NY
Real Name
Kevin Dumas
Is it my experience only? Do those products( oxidizers) have a tendency to clump, or I'm lucky to get an older batch?
Fresh powdered oxidizers should be free of clumping but as they get older they will set up like a brick.
Not sure what causes this? Moisture absorption? I don't know.
Maybe the chem gurus can chime in?
I have a 8lb. oxidizer brick I just found due to faulty stock rotation.

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
TMF does make excellent products, I would use them exclusively but it just isn't cost effective for me. They do cost a bit more and plus they have to ship vs picking up Bio Break, Traffic Slam and others locally. If we was able to change $50+ per room it would be a different story but unfortunately in my area a get a lot of flack that our 4 room for $99 is expensive. This is even being the highest rated local company on both Google and Facebook.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Got it .Ordered my first pail of Powermax. I don't doubt that is going to be as good as advertised . We'll see if I can pair it with an oxidizer at hand...
Luky, I have been using cobbs chems since I was a teenager, its good stuff and powermaxx is awesome plus you can boost it or just add more powermaxx since its very affordable.... My guys are cheap and only use powermax,,,, I keep powermaxx on the truck but I mostly use Robs stuff myself unless I walk into a very clean one.... But on a normal easy powerscrub job with the scrubber, ill use my homebrew degreaser spiked with robs citrus... But youll love the powermaxx

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
Luky, I have been using cobbs chems since I was a teenager, its good stuff and powermaxx is awesome plus you can boost it or just add more powermaxx since its very affordable.... My guys are cheap and only use powermax,,,, I keep powermaxx on the truck but I mostly use Robs stuff myself unless I walk into a very clean one.... But on a normal easy powerscrub job with the scrubber, ill use my homebrew degreaser spiked with robs citrus... But youll love the powermaxx
Do your guys buy or pay for their chemicals?

Allied

Life is good!
Premium VIP
Jun 18, 2013
Down Yonder
Real Name
Simon Bolivar
Business Location
United States
TMF does make excellent products, I would use them exclusively but it just isn't cost effective for me. They do cost a bit more and plus they have to ship vs picking up Bio Break, Traffic Slam and others locally. If we was able to change $50+ per room it would be a different story but unfortunately in my area a get a lot of flack that our 4 room for $99 is expensive. This is even being the highest rated local company on both Google and Facebook.
You may want to move to the US.

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Fresh powdered oxidizers should be free of clumping but as they get older they will set up like a brick.
Not sure what causes this? Moisture absorption? I don't know.
Maybe the chem gurus can chime in?
I have a 8lb. oxidizer brick I just found due to faulty stock rotation.
As you may imagine , is not only oxidizers I'm talking about. It is chemistry in general, enzyme presprays included. If you talking to your supplier, you might learn that there are times when they are in disputes with different manufacturers for the very same reason( bad quality, bad batch)) I find very inconsistent quality of crystal defoamer from otherwise very reputable company. It's like taking picking up crumbs and clumps at the same time....
At $25 per 7.5lb jar ?

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
If you make your own juice than it has to be low detergent, right? I know thatyou don't have time to deal with excessive foaming...

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
Occasionally we disagree on some of the issues, this time I give you thumbs up. You're being too generous saying TMF products cost a bit more, even being conservative I would say a lot more than products from different manufacturers.I didn't used word " comparable" to avoid semantics( apples, oranges and so forth)
In all fairness, I had Rob's samples and I still kept some( in enclosed containers to see how long will stay fresh). I have to say that after about 6 months they appear the same, smooth powder or crystals, depending on variety...
I agree on cost effectiveness....
Truth to be told, I have never proceded to investigate cost of the shipping to IL...

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
Do your guys buy or pay for their chemicals?
I pay % of job, to my guys, they buy the chems they use, mostly its powermaxx, and a few other chems(grout master),,,, They love robs chems if I let them try it out for free... But my amigos are cheap they wont spend the money on Robs chems…..

I think Rob's chems are 70-80% better than Cobb's chems.

Once you get used to using robs chems, (they get out stains other chems don't) the other chems just don't do the same job...

The way I look at chems is :
I spend no money on advertising so I spend it on chems that deliver Stunning Results , that brings me Referrals !!!

and really I feel like robs chems are not that high considering they go further and deliver results.

Im not shilling for rob, but If I had never come to this forum, I would have never found grout master, bio pro, Robs secret formula or blue thunder (psst Rob, sell me some more blue thunder)

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
I used those for years, inconsistent mixtures, no bottle was the same.. Cobbs brightener, and Pure O2 are very consistant and offer a buffered mix so you wont burn the carpet.

jtsunbrite

Premium VIP
Sep 4, 2015
Houston, Texas
Real Name
jeff kessler
Business Location
United States
If you make your own juice than it has to be low detergent, right? I know thatyou don't have time to deal with excessive foaming...
yes lol, my brew is low foam,,, Call me ill tell you how to make it and how to use it 281-413-5961

bcs

Mar 6, 2010
nz
Real Name
marcus barker
Business Location
New Zealand
I pay % of job, to my guys, they buy the chems they use, mostly its powermaxx, and a few other chems(grout master),,,, They love robs chems if I let them try it out for free... But my amigos are cheap they wont spend the money on Robs chems…..

Once you get used to using robs chems, (they get out stains other chems don't) the other chems just don't do the same job...

I spend no money on advertising so I spend it on chems that deliver Stunning Results , that brings me Referrals !!!

and really I feel like robs chems are not that high considering they go further and deliver results.

Im not shilling for rob, but If I had never come to this forum, I would have never found grout master, bio pro, Robs secret formula or blue thunder (psst Rob, sell me some more blue thunder)
JT if Robs chems are that much better why dont you make your guys use them otherwise they must be doing an inferior job than you?Just wondering that is all and i have used both Powemax and RSF/Bio pro

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States

Do they also pay for their fuel and repairs? I have heard of guys on commission paying for certain things but my thought is that guys will use less than the needed amounts so they can pocket more and worry less about quality.

I agree TMF makes good chemicals and they are more expensive but haven't experienced them going farther. Is this Blue Thunder stuff you post about still only available to you? Seems like you have posted about it for 6-9 months now but I don't recall seeing anyone else posting about it or hearing that it is available.

Johnny Bravo

Hacking my way though life, one room at a time.
Apr 25, 2011
San Pedro, Ca
TheJohnnyOnTheSpot.Com
Real Name
John Sheridan
Business Location
United States
I used those for years, inconsistent mixtures, no bottle was the same.. Cobbs brightener, and Pure O2 are very consistant and offer a buffered mix so you wont burn the carpet.

I've never burned anything but myself with H2O2

Luky

Premium VIP
Nov 29, 2013
Chicagoland
Real Name
Marian Lukacisin
Business Location
United States
yes lol, my brew is low foam,,, Call me ill tell you how to make it and how to use it 281-413-5961
I got Powermax, feels like a new girlfriend, just happy ending is missing.
I snatched it( pail) straight from UPS truck as I was passing it on my block. Driver was happy that he didn't have to handle it.
I used it on 3 jobs, 2 residential, just lightly to medium. Product showed its advantages on trashed buffet style carpeting.... Mixes very well, scent is lightly citrusy, but not annoying, texture is on coarse side, not to wet, no clumps whatsoever. Spray was even, no excessive foaming ( only 2 scoops used) I had already batch going with an Ultrapac, no boosting, no problem.
I like it, it's yellish ( pineapple like color) under the daylight , mixed is milky white...
I'll give Powermax 5 stars....

1ST CHOICE CLEANING

Staff member
Premium VIP
Mar 30, 2010
texas
Real Name
jason fisher
Business Location
United States
I got Powermax, feels like a new girlfriend, just happy ending is missing.
I snatched it( pail) straight from UPS truck as I was passing it on my block. Driver was happy that he didn't have to handle it.
I used it on 3 jobs, 2 residential, just lightly to medium. Product showed its advantages on trashed buffet style carpeting.... Mixes very well, scent is lightly citrusy, but not annoying, texture is on coarse side, not to wet, no clumps whatsoever. Spray was even, no excessive foaming ( only 2 scoops used) I had already batch going with an Ultrapac, no boosting, no problem.
I like it, it's yellish ( pineapple like color) under the daylight , mixed is milky white...
I'll give Powermax 5 stars....
2 scoops in a 1 or 2 gallon pump up?