Co Worker's Gloves Cross Contaminating!?!

OldCarpetVet

Premium VIP
Nov 2, 2014
Florida
Real Name
Richard Santoro
I'm someone who prefers to avoid as much confrontation as possible. You never know when you are dealing with a "sleeper." By that I mean someone who seems like a normal person but they are ready to snap and go on a rampage if that one trigger event happens.

I agree it needs to be addressed but as a human being the OP also has the right to self preservation in every sense of the word. They don't need to be placed in this persons crosshairs.

It always matters if someone's feelings are hurt or they get angry because we have no idea what they will do in response.

"Feelings" MUST take a backseat. The WAY BACK seat. Though you do make good points, Joe.
BUT....The way I see it....If She (the co-worker) has the nerve to be this inconsiderate and unprofessional then Always Sparkling has to grow a pair and be just as forceful taking on her co-worker. Afterall, SHE is the one who is correct.

If you had a choice to sit on either toilet, who's would you pick? (y)

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
"Feelings" MUST take a backseat. The WAY BACK seat. Though you do make good points, Joe.
BUT....The way I see it....If She (the co-worker) has the nerve to be this inconsiderate and unprofessional then Always Sparkling has to grow a pair and be just as forceful taking on her co-worker. Afterall, SHE is the one who is correct.

If you had a choice to sit on either toilet, who's would you pick? (y)

When I said we need to consider people's feelings I mean we need to ask ourselves "is there a chance this person responds with extreme measures" and "can they control their feelings" and just watch out for yourself.

This person may very well be fired in the end, because it's unlikely they fix the problem since they have been doing it that way for so long. If that's the case I wouldn't want to be the scapegoat "Joe got me fired by telling on me, it's his fault I lost my job" is the conclusion most people would arrive at.

To sum up the points I tried to make in this thread "address the issue in a way that protects yourself" I know I went kind of round about on the subject

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
When I said we need to consider people's feelings I mean we need to ask ourselves "is there a chance this person responds with extreme measures" and "can they control their feelings" and just watch out for yourself.

This person may very well be fired in the end, because it's unlikely they fix the problem since they have been doing it that way for so long. If that's the case I wouldn't want to be the scapegoat "Joe got me fired by telling on me, it's his fault I lost my job" is the conclusion most people would arrive at.

To sum up the points I tried to make in this thread "address the issue in a way that protects yourself" I know I went kind of round about on the subject

Joe you don't experience road rage toward other drivers?

There's also the possibility this lady just doesn't know any better. I can see people thinking that they are using disinfectant and once the stuff is 'cleaned' that getting any on your gloves is no big deal. Even that bacteria can attach itself to gloves.

Still I'd complain to the boss first if possible before taking matters into my own hands.

LookNGood

Mar 17, 2014
Real Name
Joe P
Joe you don't experience road rage toward other drivers?

There's also the possibility this lady just doesn't know any better. I can see people thinking that they are using disinfectant and once the stuff is 'cleaned' that getting any on your gloves is no big deal. Even that bacteria can attach itself to gloves.

Still I'd complain to the boss first if possible before taking matters into my own hands.

I do get road rage lol, that's actually a perfect example of what I mean.

have you ever seen the videos when the road rager gets out of the car? That's what I am talking about. You never know when someone goes from yelling in their car to getting out of the car. I don't care if someone yells in their car, but if i think they might get out of the car, it's not worth the altercation.

I have always preferred conceding a situation than allowing it to escalate. Because in this world you never know when that escalation will end.

Reactions: Mike Krall

Mike Krall

Premium VIP
Apr 24, 2013
New York
Real Name
Mike Krall
I do get road rage lol, that's actually a perfect example of what I mean.

have you ever seen the videos when the road rager gets out of the car? That's what I am talking about. You never know when someone goes from yelling in their car to getting out of the car. I don't care if someone yells in their car, but if i think they might get out of the car, it's not worth the altercation.

I have always preferred conceding a situation than allowing it to escalate. Because in this world you never know when that escalation will end.

No, never seen those videos. I remember back in the 2000s? People would get shot out in CA during freeway road rage.

I remember one time this dude in one of those lifted trucks cut me off in a parking lot, think it was Christmas time. I went nuts giving him the finger and telling him to learn how to drive since he was going across all the parked spaces instead of down the lines like you're supposed to.

Well he wasn't too happy about the finger part so he stopped and got out of his truck. I did the same and kept telling him to learn how to Fing drive. He kept telling me he did and the dummy I was kept trying to educate him on the laws of traffic. My only concern was the girl he had in the truck, wasn't sure if she was going to jump in or not. Anyway, after about 5 minutes of cursing each other and me waiting for him to throw the first punch cause I guess that's how law suits start he finally said if I ever see you again giving me the finger I'll kill you. And I took that as my cue to shut up and walk away without ending up on the news. :D

Always Sparkling

May 25, 2016
Real Name
j lund
Are there any occupants though?

You said it's an office, the supervisor could say one of the office employees noticed you walking out of the bathrooms with gloves on and then it appeared you went to clean the kitchen with those same gloves still on.

If there are usually a bunch of employees there no fingers could/would be pointed as far as someone "telling on her" (for lack of a better term)

Yeah that's a great idea! I could just go to her and say that someone came to me after seeing her cleaning other areas without changing gloves! Then she wouldn't view me as the bad guy and I could say I cannot disclose who witnessed it. Thanks! I really think I can do this now! I'll keep you posted on what happens :)

Robert86

Sep 28, 2016
Missoula, MT
Real Name
Robert Phillips
I thought you were being overly OCD at first but everything she does wearing those gloves... Thats gross. Now I'm worried I don't change mine enough!

I only have one account where I clean bathrooms. Once a week. They are never that bad, probably because they aren't public restrooms and only 8 people use them throughout the week. One womens bathroom, one mens. One toilet and one sink in each. I normally only use one pair of gloves for that. Go in and flush the toilets (motion sensors so no contact) lift the seat with one finger on the front edge of the seat, squirt the blue stuff in the bowl, quick scrub with the bowl brush. Then I use Spartan Hard Surface Disinfecting Wipes to clean the light switches, door handles, and door. Then one to clean the paper towel and soap dispenser and then the sink faucet and last the sink. A third one for the hand rails around the toilet, then the toilet starting with the seat top. Thats the routine in each restroom. I'll use more if its really dirty. I pay close attention to how dirty the wipes are getting. The worst day I used 7 in each bathroom but on an average day cleaning in there I only use 3.
After both are cleaned I take off the gloves, wash my hands and clean the mirrors (squirt of Windex and wipe with paper towel) and restock dispensers. I'm not worried about germs by this point as everything I am going to touch has been disinfected.

Oh and garbages are only dumped when they are full, I haven't actually had to empty garbages in about 2 months. When I do though I empty them last before taking off my gloves.