Client threatening to leave bad review | TruckMount Forums #1 Carpet Cleaning Forums

Client threatening to leave bad review

rob allen

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Sep 5, 2007
Va.
www.drynclean.com
Real Name
Robert Allen,Jr.
Business Location
United States
Have a tech at a home who the client is threatening to leave a bad review. Why? Because she said she had two areas on phone but tech said it’s at least 5. She says if we don’t honor the low price she will leave a bad review. It is a move out and she has to have it done today. What would you do?

floorclean

Mar 31, 2016
Real Name
Dale MacDonald
Always better to compromise. If you can’t better to walk away. I tend to prefer to start with
“ I’m really sorry we had a miss understanding, how can we make it so we’re both okay?”
If that don’t work walk

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
Lady calls and describes a wool rug “from the hospital where she works” ; aprox. 2.5x5 - (she was hoping for a discount), I quoted her $ and she was happy. It was a lot bigger and she got mad and left. I explained the price/sf is the same but proportional to size. Didn’t matter.
I was careful not to embarrass her, didn’t matter.
AND, the rug was her‘s, not hospital prop.

U. S. Vet.

Jul 8, 2020
Real Name
Sanis Sanis
P
Have a tech at a home who the client is threatening to leave a bad review. Why? Because she said she had two areas on phone but tech said it’s at least 5. She says if we don’t honor the low price she will leave a bad review. It is a move out and she has to have it done today. What would you do?
Ask if she changes her mind at Mc D’s, Home Depot, etc. after ordering, does she expect to pay nothing more?

Reactions: rob allen

Kipp

Smart Ass Of The Year!
Premium VIP
Apr 13, 2011
Real Name
Kipp
That's fine lady leave your review, I'll make sure everyone knows you can't count to 5

Thewy

May 4, 2020
Georgia
Real Name
Stephen
Business Location
United States
What are your areas up to? 100, 200, or 300 sqft. ? How are living and dining room combos priced? I just looked at your website which a little boring and outdated in terms of old videos with little to no pictures of current cleaning results? Nothing that I saw (in my quick glance over the website) mentioned about how areas are priced and anything discussing areas max included square footage? Is that being clearly defined on the phone when scheduling? She may have misled you with the size of it but the problem (of an areas max included sqft.) may continue to happen if not properly addressed?

wandwizard

Randy Dockins
Premium VIP
Nov 12, 2008
Real Name
Randy Dockins
Business Location
United States
I would likely try to at least compromise a little. I went to your website and to be honest your online booking does not describe what constitutes an "Area". Most of the services I've looked at that do per area pricing do make it more clear what an "area" is. I could at least see where some would be confused. For example, does a 500 sq. ft. family room or a 400 sq. ft. master bedroom with a huge walk in closet both equal one area each? Does a bathroom or a hall equal one area? The Housecall pro booking on your website doesn't really make things very clear or maybe I'm missing something. Honestly I can see where someone might get confused if they looked at what I just looked at.

Last edited:

Mama Fen

Jul 18, 2012
Real Name
no name
Business Location
United States
This is one of the reasons I tell the local guys that "area pricing" or "per room pricing" is a trap they'd do best to avoid.

What the customer thinks of as an 'area' and what the cleaner thinks of as an 'area' are often two very different things... just like "I don't have any stains or traffic lanes", "It's only a little dirty", and "Well I had a dog but it's been a long time ago so there shouldn't be any pee anywhere".

Spazznout

Premium VIP
Feb 13, 2011
Ohio
Real Name
Matt
Business Location
United States
strike one. wants a deal and lied already about areas to clean
strike 2. threatens bad review
strike 3. job is a move out.
let me guess/. She wants to pay with a check. One of those starter checks.................

LOL

You already know what to do.